[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Real talk here Do you think the only reason we have and ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 512x288
Real talk here
Do you think the only reason we have and ever have gotten anime is due to Japan's awful working conditions and wages? Anime itself is a really unstable business and if workers got more money that would mean even less experimental anime and more anime that's so safe it would be aimed towards children like the rest of the world. All attempts at making "mature" cartoons from the rest of the world has been met with failure and little noticeability. The world just doesn't have a large enough interest to sustain non comedy cartoons with decent animation that aren't plainly for kids.
>>
They could afford to pay workers more and make better quality anime if they actually marketed it outside of japan.
>>
It really depends. Looking at different studios the working conditions vary wildly, and so does the quality.

However it is true that animator abuse is almost universal.
>>
>>139562480
The problem is that just like big foreign films anime popular in the west is like a Flash in the pan. You only have the occasional world wide recognition while most of the stuff you make will only be heard of by your true fans and will be only sustainable by your home country. Popular films foreign films were made for their country to be enjoyed first rather the rest of the world.

Let's say they make more anime aimed at the west. Would it still be popular for their regular audience? Would it be more sustainable to make shows aimed at western audience compared to your Japanese audience?

OP related Shirobako was a big success I Japan yet in a PA works conference thing Shirobako is tagged as anime that's not palatable for the west.
>>
>>139562292
Thing is, anime has gotten worse over time as real wages have decreased. The Yen is worth about 10% less than it was in 1990, not to mention rising standards of living. Anime slaves certainly haven't gotten anywhere near a 10% raise in that time.
>>
>>139562558
It's not just animator a though
http://reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0X000F
>>
>>139562480
>marketed it outside of japan.
Jesus no. If I wanted something with western appeal I'd watch Western shows. They've already ruined everything over here, stay the fuck away from my anime.
>>
Blame Jews
>>
>>139562292
>even less experimental anime and more anime that's so safe
That's pretty much what were getting now, only it's not aiming towards children but towards milking the otaku, and wages are pretty fucking low right now.

I don't think animator wages have anything to do with the quality of anime, only with the quality of the animation.
>>
>>139564070
fuck off >>>/pol/
>>
>>139564339
You still get the occasional shit like Concrete Revolutio.
It's not great but damn a show with a non linear structure like it is unheard of.
Only top film makers attempt that sort of shit.
>>
>>139562480
Sure, and get hit by restrictions on content. No thanks.
>>
>>139562292
There's a reason 2d animation died in the West.
>>
>>139565947
2d is still alive though but in TV.
Regardless animated movie cgi is more expensive than any anime production.
Cgi is also easier for people to get in. Steven Spielberg, the mad max director and back to the future director all said they directed their cgi movie like how they would anyother movie. 2d has a lot of limitations and rules that requires innate knowledge in animation to get into,
>>
>>139562480

>marketed it outside of japan.
>hurr make it the way I want it
>make america stronger
>make it so I can selfinsert becuase I'm not Japanese

FUCK OFF RETARD, GO WATCH SOME CARTOON.
>>>/co/
>>>/tv/
>>>/v/

I bet you are some Ameritard and will denied it too.
Sure you enjoyed the GATE threads fag, Kill yourself and die.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.