[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What programs do you use to organise/manage/display your anime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1418649215905.gif (142 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1418649215905.gif
142 KB, 400x400
What programs do you use to organise/manage/display your anime library?
>>
Windows Explorerâ„¢
>>
>>139534309
Apart from that
>>
>>139534323
Windows Command Promptâ„¢
>>
>>139534323
affirmative action programs
>>
So, I've been meaning to ask. Why is downloading anime considered better than streaming anime?

As for how I organise them I've always found naming my folders properly to be good enough most of time.
>>
https://fromscratch.rocks
>>
>>139534268
How are you in a point in life where you are watching so many shows you need a way to organize them other the file explorer?
>>
>>139534400
I'm pretty new to animes but I think it has something to do with streaming artifacts destroying the shows and 90% of all streaming sites being garbage with players that will crash if you try to search or pause and that there's no point whatsoever in using them because the only benefit is that streaming is supposedly faster but it only takes like 1 minute to download an episode and you can download the next while you watch that one
Personally I don't think it's a big deal
>>
>>139534268

Kodi + MySQL + DeadSix's XBMC-HTML Generator + Home Media Server (for when I'm out of the house).

Needs a few scripts to hang it all together, so it's not pretty, but it does what I want.
>>
>>139536170
Thanks anon

Looking at the screenshots it's exactly what I was after
>>
>>139534323
You don't need anything other than some folders and an RSS-capable torrent client.
>>139534400
Streaming sites want to make money, it costs money for them to send you data, the lower the bitrate of the video is the less data they have to send you. In addition to this they need to try to keep the bitrate low enough for streaming to actually be possible for most people. This is more true for copyright infringing streaming sites than legal ones because they profit solely off of ads which shrinks their potential profit by a large amount. The limitations that come with watching video in a browser, which is what most of their userbase does, also come into play. The shittiest thing though is that it seems like none of them can encode at the same level as a random person that just learned how to use ffmpeg. You'll commonly see videos with bitrates that are 60% of Funimation's look significantly better than Funimation's videos.

TL;DR;
Streaming is low bitrate and they encode worse than a child.
>>
dos
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.