[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shin Sekai Yori... So Fucking Good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: shin_sekai_yori.jpg (104 KB, 1198x782) Image search: [Google]
shin_sekai_yori.jpg
104 KB, 1198x782
The default cover picture looked like a cookiecutter school anime. I was so wrong. No wonder people have been comparing this to series like Psycho-Pass. While not quite large in scale as Legend of the Galactic Heroes, this anime builds a believable future with psycho-kinesis where protagonists and antagonists behave "normally" in a weird type of dystopia, and honestly, I largely sided with the antagonists' principles by the end, if not their strategy. Unique feel, rustic and occasionally creepy soundtrack, and a plot with milennia-historic scope that leads you in with ever-increasing intrigue.
>>
File: 5493182a-s.jpg (19 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
5493182a-s.jpg
19 KB, 480x270
>>139517017
It's even better than logh and psycho-pass but yeah.
>>
Too bad the animation budget was shit.
>>
>>139517017
pretentious bullshit. Fuck off.
>>
Not that good.
>>
>>139517285
>pretentious
Because you're underaged and you don't understand the meaning doesn't make it pretentious.
Please kill yourself for the sake of /a/, your parents and the world.
>>
overrated
>>
Probably haven't even seen it. And if you did, you'd think differently if you felt what the antagonist did.
>>
>>139517017
>comparing this to series like Psycho-Pass
But Shinsekai Yori is actually good.
>>
>>139517130
>psycho-pass but yeah.
that's not saying much
>>
It had a good premise, but completely shit execution
>>
File: texhnolyze.jpg (163 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
texhnolyze.jpg
163 KB, 1152x864
it wasn't as aesthetically pleasing as texhnolyze but it was trying to be as depressing. if you like one you should like the other.

dystopian futures tend to be a well liked niche now since those fucking hunger games books.
>>
Overrated shit.
>>
>comparing it to psycho piss

are you praising it or mocking it?
>>
File: Squealerlives.jpg (397 KB, 633x900) Image search: [Google]
Squealerlives.jpg
397 KB, 633x900
>>
>>139517586
>And if you did, you'd think differently if you felt what the antagonist did.
Sometimes the oppressed need to spill a bit of blood to gain their liberty.
>>
I watched to episode 18, had the ending spoiled and never want to finish it
>>
>>139517017
I'm sure the novel is good but the animation, directing and music in the anime were pure trash. Actively stopped me from watching, and the slow as molasses pacing doesn't help.
>>
File: 1459548799621.png (469 KB, 596x612) Image search: [Google]
1459548799621.png
469 KB, 596x612
>>139517508
>Please kill yourself for the sake of /a/, your parents and the world.
damn
>>
>>139518535
Stop being a faggot and go finish it.
>>
>>139517017
Good show, but this OP is shit.
>>
Squealer did nothing wrong.
>>
>>139518669

Bat... shit.
>>
>>139517017
Upvoted and subscribed xDDDD
>>
Dang, finally the novels translation finished after all these years.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.