[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Anime opinions that make you instantly disregard someone.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6
File: madoka.jpg (996 KB, 1500x1060) Image search: [Google]
madoka.jpg
996 KB, 1500x1060
ITT: Anime opinions that make you instantly disregard someone.

>Madoka is a deconstruction/commentary on magical girl shows

For something to be a deconstruction it has to be a realistic/fleshed out take on a concept. It's not turning it into something else entirely that's dark and edgy.
>>
>I watch bad shows right to end in order to appreciate good shows better!
>>
>Steins;Gate is a masterpiece
>>
>Uchouten Kazoku is bad

And I close all my tabs and go to bed
>>
>>139502912
utena and tutu are magical girl deconstructions because the format is the same, they just approach the cliches that the genre has and either show how fucked up they'd be in real life and the other by pointing out that the characters are literally acting because of the arbitrary demands of a storywriter that controls them

a bunch of magical girls being sad/dying isn't a deconstruction, it's the equivalent of crying to a my chemical romance song or watching a horror movie
>>
>>139502912
>For something to be a deconstruction it has to be a realistic/fleshed out take on a concept. It's not turning it into something else entirely that's dark and edgy.
This is TVTropes-tier bullshit itself though.
>>
Any opinion that shows that the person judges shows based on their expectations (for example, saying a comedy anime is bad because they thought it would have a serious plotline) is enough for me to think they're complete idiots and not worth arguing with.
>>
>KLK is better than TTGL.
>>
When someone says the animation is bad.
>>
>>139503115
Uchouten Kazoku is bad.
>>
>>139503258
>TTGL is good
>>
Any generalization based on studio.
>>
>>139503258
>TTGL or KLK are good
>>
>I have opinions about your opinions about anime that would make me disregard you as a person, because I am a massive faggot.
>>
>Slice of Life is my favorite genre!
>>
>>139503115
That was really great. Shame it didn't sell well.
>>
>forced animation
>>
>Ping Pong/Tatami Galaxy is pretentious

Only a complete retard wouldn't understand the simple messages of these series.
>>
>>139502912
>UBW was good
>>
>>139503166
how the fuck is madoka a deconstruction of magical girl shows when it just completely rewrites what it's about

"dude what if being a magical girl actually turned you into a monster that has to eat even more monsterous magical girls to live before eventually becoming one of those monsters yourself" isn't a deconstruction because that adds or changes so much stuff from the stock format

I hate to stoop to this, but evangelion is an actual deconstruction because it's still a giant robot vs invading kaiju show, it just shows that the sort of setting that would lead to little kids fighting in life or death battles would be one where everyone is fucked up

just doing something fucked up and dark in a genre that's normally not fucked up and dark isn't automatically a deconstruction, I don't care about what pre-post modernistic viewpoint you learned about in your how to overanalyze everything 101 class
>>
>>139503341
>>139503389
You forgot your trip lelouch
>>
>>139503498
This, fuck.
>>
>>139502912
>Fate is better than Tsukihime
>Fate is good
>>
The word 'shit' used in any sentence.
>>
>Fanservice makes me feel uncomfortable-
>>
Kyoani is the best studio on the market.
>>
>>139503557
But anon, there is no Tsukihime anime.
>>
>>139503501
>F/Z is great, but UBW is trash
>>
>>139503579
You just used it.
>>
>>139503579
Do you disregard your own opinion then, shitlord?
>>
>>139503557
I have had no problems going through the Fate route in Stay Night.

I had serious trouble bringing myself to go on in Arcueid's route and I don't know when I will finish Ciel's.
>>
>>139503579
Would you prefer "poop"?
>>
>>139503504
You don't know what deconstruction means, anon. I suggest you look that up before continuing to make retarded posts.
>>
>>139503487
>forced drama
>>
>>139503646
Ciel was my first route, so, at least I got that out of the way early.
>>
>KyoAni's shows are all the same.
>>
>>139503585
what if I dont like when a show is blatantly making up for it's being terrible by throwing some fanservice in there, but really enjoy some well done sexualization for characters/anime I already like
>>
>Free! is not a show for fujoshits, it´s a legit good show.
>>
>>139503501
>you need to read the VN to understand how good it is

Get fucked, I'm not reading an 800k word VN so I can better understand the internal monologue of a dull teenager in a mediocre action series. If I had that sort of time to waste, it wouldn't be on Fate.
>>
anything with the word edgy
>>
>>139503716
That´s different, I am talking about fags that think fanservice is inherently bad.
>>
File: 1449680816878.png (91 KB, 240x255) Image search: [Google]
1449680816878.png
91 KB, 240x255
>consuming japanese media

These are the people i talk to
>>
File: rei.jpg (515 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
rei.jpg
515 KB, 1280x720
>>139503734
Free! really is a legit good show, specially season two.

Speaking of which, people who say Free! is bad without even watching it.
>>
File: fucking waifufag wars.jpg (25 KB, 498x412) Image search: [Google]
fucking waifufag wars.jpg
25 KB, 498x412
>"I don't hate x, I hate her fans"
>>
>>139503498
Jesus Christ, this.
Tatami Galaxy literally explains its entire meaning in the last episode, how can people not get the point?
>>
>>139503646
I had the exact opposite problem

fate was just endless amounts of bullshit infodumps about how magic/servants/the war work, boring as fuck scenes of shirou and saber bonding over swords and eating, terrible fight scenes where the good guys get owned but then saber or shirou summons a new finishing move and win and the most hamfisted sex scene I've ever seen

meanwhile arcs route opens with the MC slicing his later love interest into 17 pieces while getting a boner, a way better dynamic between the japanese MC and his blonde waifu and fight scenes that tend to work better because people don't just have dozens of powers they can bring up whenever the last 11 didn't work

it also wasn't nearly as long
>>
>>139503807
>Free! really is a legit good show

Opinion discarded.
>>
>NGE Rebuilds are good
>>
>/a/ is a quality imageboard
>>
>My opinion matters
>>
>>139503152
>>139502912
Oh boy, so here we have the obligatory "People that don't understand Madoka thread again".
And no, I'm not saying that it is a deconstruction. I'm saying that your reasons for why it isn't a ´re fucking retarded and show that you have not gotten the point of the story at all.
>>
>>139503807
Free is okay but just aimed at a certain demographic that most of /a/ is not part of. It's just hilariously hypocritical when they act like it's some abomination ruining anime when it's quite literally the fujo equivalent of the cute girl Kyoani shows they love.
>>
>It was so bad, I had to watch it at 2x speed to finish it
>>
>>139504064
I liked it, but it's not a deconstruction of magical girl shows because it isn't one

if magical girl cliches are a building, madoka is a second building that outwardly looks similar but the inside is way different that's being torn down
>>
>>139504122
not this speed crap again

literal autists
>>
>>139504028
>4chan is a quality website
>>
>>139502912
I don't do that anymore. I know someone in real life who unironically loves SAO and the monogatari series. People have varied tastes, I guess.
>>
>RWBY is anime
>>
>>139502912
>Madoka is not your typical Magic Girl show
What is "typical magic girl show'?
The ignorant comment shows the viewer have only watched Madoka and compared with their mental assumptions.
Exactly why the fanbase is retarded.
>>
>>139504246
>said no one ever
>>
>>139504362
what other magical girl shows have such an actively malicious premise

there are many magical girl shows where bad things happen, but are there ones with such lazy "gotcha" moments like madoka when it goes "actually you're undead liches that have to eat souls lol" out of nowhere
>>
>>139504444
I want to live under your rock
>>
>>139503867
I don't know what to say, I felt that arc's interest in Shiki was even more forced than the interaction between Saber and Shirou.

This said I am looking forward to the Far Side of the Moon, as well as uncovering stuff about Ciel.
is it canon that she gave the holy shroud to EMIYA?
>>
>>139504362
>>139504155
Madoka mostly takes the setting of typical magical girl shows but explores it through the eyes of different, more stringent characters. Many mahou shoujo protagonists are depicted as nice, but somewhat shy girls who want to help people and overcome there fears in order to achieve that. Being weak on the outside but finding courage to help others is a common theme for them. Madoka takes a more realistic approach by letting Madoka waver even in times when her friends are in grave danger. Fuck, even when her best friend at that time, Sayaka, directly asks here for help, Madoka hesitates, because she knows she'd have to risk her life. Just an example from one of the characters, you could give various for the other ones as well.
>>
>>139503504
Zambot 3 is more of a giant robot decon than NGE desu.
>>
>>139503867
>endless amounts of bullshit infodumps about how magic/servants/the war work,
and then the whole story ignores those rules because they don't actually work
>>
>>139502912

>Madoka is good

This, for sure.
>>
>>139504444
>Go to HMV
>decide to have a look at anime
>RWBY
>jap dub
>>
>>139502912
elfen lied is a masterpiece. ughhhhh a cringe everytime i hear it
>>
>>139503341
It is good
>>
>>139503166
>TVTropes is nice.
>>
File: Ke1AC2o.gif (3 MB, 384x216) Image search: [Google]
Ke1AC2o.gif
3 MB, 384x216
>Cross Ange is a feminist, empowering show.
>>
>Mekaku is edgy
>>
>>139503456
Why do you watch anime if not for the Slice of Life?
>>
>Anime was a mistake
>>
>>139503456
Literally one of the biggest genres in international television. And anime.
>>
File: 1456774535558.jpg (439 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1456774535558.jpg
439 KB, 1280x720
>liking Keit-ai
>>
>>139502912

(Mine)"Madoka was great until the last episode. The shitty ending along with the unnecessarily exaggerated moment where she "Helps" the other magical was stupid."

Bakemonogatari was the only good thing to come out the series.

"Naruto has it's good moments and its bad."

"Attack on Titan is a revolutionary anime no matter how you perceive it."

"Elfen Lied's anime was much better than the manga, specifically the climax."

"There is literally nothing wrong with Bleach."

"Anime is much better than Manga."

There is so many more but you get the picture.
>>
>>139502912
>deconstruction
Disregarded
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.