[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So SAO progressive is the first Yen Press novel to reach the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 51H0HgioLoL.jpg (55 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
51H0HgioLoL.jpg
55 KB, 333x500
So SAO progressive is the first Yen Press novel to reach the end of it's currently published run AND has a reasonable probability of being continued in the near future *cough* Haruhi *cough*. Setting aside whether you agree with YP's methods of acquiring licenses and shutting down fan translations (at least for the moment), do you think that they will be able to pursue or successful in pursuing simultaneous release for future novels in the series, or do you thing that we'll have to wait a couple months every time?

I think that if they can secure simultaneous release, I'll be a lot less upset about their license acquisitions, but I can't be sure that they'll be able or willing to do it.
>>
Too bad YP is behind the translation. SAOP deserves better than their awful localized translation.
>>
>>139461590
I haven't read one of their LN translations. Why are they bad? And could I have a decent amount of examples?
>>
>>139461676
Unlike the fan translation, YP literally localizes. No honorifics, shifting of language culture results in an awkward translation and betrayal of the setting and character's personality.
>>
>>139461852
Honorifics should always be removed
>>
>>139462010
Commie pls go.
>>
>>139461590
>SAOP deserves better

It's a shitty LN so it deserves shit translations.

I bet my dick the fan translations was worse anyways.
>>
>>139461852
That's all pretty damn vague and roundabout. I'm curious about actual concrete examples. I'm not a buyfag so I'll never buy them, so this is the only way to know.
>>
>>139461852
i have read YP translation, and they are just fine,it's not like light novels are know for their fantastic writing and japanese is a hard language to translate and make it interesting due to a few reasons
>>
>>139462261
Just think of them as Commie without memes. I would have bought the LN if YP didn't do it. I can't give you direct examples, but YP's policies doesn't change so their translation is like that anyways.

>>139462422
>just fine
Maybe for casuals who don't know or know better.
>>
>>139462010
>Israel
Sasuga
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.