[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 15
What went wrong?
>>
>>139439472
Changing sensei to a mustache twirling homosexual.
>>
>>139439472
They wanted to be unique and have satoru save EVERYONE, including the depraved teacher. So instead of a natural ending where he exposes his teacher and saves his friends, they hamfisted it. Everything went downhill once satoru got in the car with sensei
>>
>>139439974
They might have been able to pull it off if they had more time in the series, but squishing the ending into 2 episodes killed it
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 671x671) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 671x671
>>139439974
Wrong
>>
>>139440100
I'd love to hear your opinion, retard
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 233x216) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 233x216
>>139440187
Rude
>>
>>139440100
Shut up, Gilberto.
>>
>>139440100
>tfw sensei is spraying water on you for some reason
>>
File: best sensei.png (895 KB, 846x1362) Image search: [Google]
best sensei.png
895 KB, 846x1362
locked up best girl
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 414x509) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 414x509
>>139440288
It's not cool to make fun of people's names
>>
>>139439472
Hr should have just went on a rape spree.
>>
File: where's his hand going.png (514 KB, 852x448) Image search: [Google]
where's his hand going.png
514 KB, 852x448
became a fujobait animu at last second
>>
>>139440100
With a face that cute, who wouldn't want to hit that?
>>
>>139440584
Anon, I'm going to sexually bully you, and you're going to like it!!
>>
>>139439974
Well it's not like cars roll uphill.
>>
File: Flintstone2.jpg (19 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Flintstone2.jpg
19 KB, 400x300
>>139439974
>fred flynn-stone
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 422x409) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 422x409
>>139440815
>>
>>139439472
Had a good start but then degraded into cuckshit
>>
File: Boku-Dake-07-50-1280x720.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Boku-Dake-07-50-1280x720.jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
>>139439472
It still hurts
>>
Rolling for a cute name.
>>
Time travel in general is stale device. The show had an uphill battle against murder mystery cliches and unbelievable scenes from the start. Moments such as the police immediately pinning the murder on Satoru and Sachiko's laissez faire mothering with regards to letting her only child roam around at night broke my immersion into the realism of the story. I also wasn't a fan of the cast of children, especially Kenya, the composed genius elementary school student.

Erased was still an entertaining seasonal show above most of the rest of Winter. Plus we got KEKED which was priceless.
>>
>>139440995
Wow, I didn't mean actually like it. You're gay!
>>
File: image.png (715 KB, 804x613) Image search: [Google]
image.png
715 KB, 804x613
>>139441508
>>
How fucking retardedly easy it was to figure out who did it.

The ending made you feel as if it was all a waste.
>>
>>139439472
Nothing. Its not the greatest show ever, but its not bad. Kayofags are just mad they got cucked by a trap.
>>
>>139439472
The teacher being the killer was so painfully obvious. Everything else though was great, faggot.
>>
The show tries to be too many things, but mostly tries to be Back to the Future Part 1. Both have a death in the present the trip in the past tries to correct. BttF had a moral (standing up for yourself) that Marty teaches George in the past, which lead to George being some successful alpha male in the future, when his life was originally shit in the present. Satoru's life is shit - he's given the death sentence as being too old and soulless to debut as a mangaka, and so has to fantasize about jailbait while working as a pizzaboy. So he goes back in time and uses the murder plot to make himself courageous/admired. Both shows had dead-end cute moments with the girl. Satoru and Hinazuki is the new Marty and Lorraine, and it's obvious why Marty and Lorraine was never a thing.

Where Erased failed while BttF succeeded was focusing too much on the present. The present was filled with retarded keikaku doori, plot twists and forced romance. Satoru himself, portrayed as unintelligent, is conveniently nerfed at certain times so he doesn't notice the obvious clues around him.

The last two episodes are some of the worst. Instead of Marty returning to a better future, Satoru awakes to one where his mom went through hell for 12 years. In a reality rewrite straight out of Another, the world forced the ridiculous pairing of Hinazuki and Hiromi because it had no other way of rectifying that those two survived in the new timeline.

The evil Yashiro gets recast as the main heroine, and Satoru goes on to (unethically) use his story, younger age and skill to impress Shueisha editors and land a mangaka job. To people in-universe, that must be enraging. This guy appears to have some supernatural talent, when he was a dirty cheater.

The whole current day part of the story is smug self-insert masturbation of the author. Erased would have been solid if it was set in the past, and was basically Groundhog Day instead of BttF.
>>
>>139441796
Is this a copy pasta?
>>
The problem is that since he was in a coma for so long, he didn't save the boy who was almost hit by the truck in the first episode. Splat.
>>
>>139442016
Saving the boy was a bad end since it helped the pizza place.
>>
>>139441871

No, I wrote it just now.

>>139442016

That was another plot hole. Satoru has this power because he wanted to help people but, as a child, was too afraid to try. But the reality is he's been using that power for the benefit of his fellow man for years and that gets undone once the timeline changes.

Because he literally said in the final episode "Revival hasn't activated since that time".
>>
File: 1459286766223.jpg (93 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459286766223.jpg
93 KB, 1920x1080
I enjoyed Erased, but I'm afraid to rewatch it because I'd probably see all the flaws. However there's a lot of people I've seen who've entered into a witch hunt against it, and will just hate it massively due to the large fanbase (Digibro and GoatJesus I'm looking at you). Sure its overrated, and it has its fair share of problems, but its not the spawn of Satan.

Last 2 episodes sucked though, mangaka ran out of ideas.

>>139441796
>Satoru goes on to (unethically) use his story, younger age and skill to impress Shueisha editors and land a mangaka job

If that's ethical or not is subjective, but in my opinion he was completely in the clear to do that. If you had something that could give you an edge over others in your field you'd surely use it? Also I thought the implication wasn't that he used his story, but that due to his new lease on life without any guilt weighing him down he was able to let his creativity flow properly.
>>
File: hisholehasbeenfilled.gif (735 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
hisholehasbeenfilled.gif
735 KB, 500x281
>>139441657
>The ending made you feel as if it was all a waste.

Speak for yourself. Pic related was literally all that mattered for the ending to be good and A-1 delivered. We have a man who no longer feels empty and inside and has a reason to live now which was the goal from the very beginning.
>>
File: romanjiku.png (306 KB, 854x438) Image search: [Google]
romanjiku.png
306 KB, 854x438
>>139442891
>>
>>139439472

>Not enough background on Yashiro to really add depth to his character and make his confrontation with Satoru meaningful

>More screentime for Airi to really drive home the point she was a major positive influence for Satoru
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 600x747) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 600x747
>>139443088
Right
>>
File: DID NOTHING WRONG.jpg (116 KB, 600x909) Image search: [Google]
DID NOTHING WRONG.jpg
116 KB, 600x909
>>
>>139442820
>If you had something that could give you an edge over others in your field you'd surely use it? Also I thought the implication wasn't that he used his story, but that due to his new lease on life without any guilt weighing him down he was able to let his creativity flow properly.

No, it is not an issue in the real world. But it is an issue within the meta framework of the story.

You are aware of "iisekai" subgenre in LN right? The whole premise behind iisekai was you failed at life the first time, and so have to reboot with all your future knowledge just to be normal.

The bottom line is admitting your life sucks, but also saying that if you're not some big shot you were a failure, too. That's why iisekai, featuring real-life reboot, usually leads to a reboot in a JRPG universe, where the main can live out his power fantasy on cheat mode.

It's a poor way to write, to just vent out frustrated otaku fantasies. It's annoying to see, and worst of all Satoru is a mangaka, the ultimate otaku dream job. It's a heavy handed way for the author to self flaggelate.
>>
>>139443689
I don't really understand what's frustrating about it. He unfucked shit in the past, this made him more able to be creative in the future, unshackled by regrets and shit. You can call it venting otaku fantasies sure, but there are a lot of shows that are obvious wish fulfillment fantasies but are good regardless. It might just be something that ticks you off personally I don't know.
>>
>>139439472
Why exactly did they make the killer's identity so obvious? Don't tell me it wasn't the point, they dedicated time to Satoru looking at a list of suspects, and his mother died because she figured out who the killer was, so his identity was immensely important. Yet, Satoru is a total retard whenever the plot demands it, and can't put it together. Was it this obvious in the manga?

They could have easily made the conflict work with Satoru knowing who the killer was early on, and having to make sure he's not tipping him off to the fact that he's more than a kid playing pretend.
>>
>>139443689
>It's a heavy handed way for the author to self flaggelate.
I don't think that means what you think it means.
>>
>>139443689

self-insertion is inevitable in writing fiction. deal with it
>>
>>139439472
Lackluster writing. Nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>139443088
pretty much
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.