[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Non-Existence of Season 3 of Haruhi Suzumiya
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: SuzumiyaHaruhi_Char1.jpg (31 KB, 270x394) Image search: [Google]
SuzumiyaHaruhi_Char1.jpg
31 KB, 270x394
S3 FUCKING WHEN?

It's not like this shit is lacking source material and KyoAni is waiting for shit to finish. How long does a nigga need to wait for this shit? It's been 6 years since Disappearance.

Yes, I mad.
>>
>>139401886
>Yes, I mad.
That's because you have the emotional maturity of an infant.
If something like this upsets you, I suggest you seek psychiatric help.
>>
>>139402691
You take everything you read here seriously, senpai?
>>
File: HaruhiS3.jpg (37 KB, 721x449) Image search: [Google]
HaruhiS3.jpg
37 KB, 721x449
>>
File: season 3 when.png (185 KB, 341x786) Image search: [Google]
season 3 when.png
185 KB, 341x786
I still believe in a world where season 3 exists
>>
>>139403087

so da yo!
>>
Does Haruhi have any redeemable traits? Shes making the show difficult to watch.
>>
>>139404317
Depends entirely on your taste. I prefer the support characters myself but she's tolerable enough.
>>
>>139401886
Maybe some contractual bullshit that forbids them from animating if the author has not finished the LN, you know they always pull shit like that m8.

You kinda forget about it every now and then. Or at least learn to, because the fact that there could very well be an S3 and another movie will consume you.
>>
>>139404623
I just miss them, dawg. Shit was comfy as fuck.
>>
>>139404497
The support characters are the only reason why I'm continuing. I just got through Endless Eight.
>>
>>139404669
Disappearance is worth going through that shit, senpai.
>>
>>139401886
Probably soon my nigga. They wouldn't not make a 3rd season with them knowing they could get a lot of money out of it
>>
>>139401886
unless there's some sort of miracle it's never going to happen. It's been too long and the series has lost too many fans in between that time.
>>
>>139404880
Too bad Endless Eight hardly matters for it.
>>
>>139404317
Yeah she gets a lot better.
>>
File: 1459497879605.png (199 KB, 617x576) Image search: [Google]
1459497879605.png
199 KB, 617x576
>>139404317
>Not liking Haruhi
>>
>>139408848
I pretend ∞8 was among the straw that eventually broke the camel's back.
>>
What reason do they really have for not doing it? I don't feel like the fanbase would have shrunk enough yet, and it's not like it wouldn't attract new fans, since shows like that are still popular.
Is it because Japan is still mad at Haruhi's seiyuu for being a slut? Is that still a thing?
>>
>>139409092
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDFaNTr44lE
This is you. Go back to Gaia.
>>
>>139410177
>What reason do they really have for not doing it?
The author basically quit writing entirely. Kadokawa sees no future in supporting an author who stopped writing, so they spent their funds on other works instead.
>>
It's gonna be announced on the 2nd
>>
>>139410208
This anon is correct.

The relationship between KyoAni and Kadokawa (the publisher) was always based around using anime to promote light novels, specifically the release of new installments. You watch the show, get hooked, then buy the new book because you can't wait to hear the rest of the story.
Tanigawa used to churn out multiple volumes a year from 2003 to 2005, but then he started taking longer and longer, with nothing between 2007 and 2011, and he's been on "hiatus" since then.
In the meantime, KyoAni has moved on. And the publisher has no reason to promote the series if there are no new books to sell.

Some other studio could conceivably pick up the property, but that's a big investment to make in something that abruptly runs out of content.
Haruhi is essentially an unfinished script, and everyone is simply waiting for it to be finished before buying it.
>>
>>139411499
Makes sense but I hate how my imaginary daughter would be of legal age by the time they start working on it if at all.
>>
>>139411499
>Some other studio could conceivably pick up the property, but that's a big investment to make in something that abruptly runs out of content.
But KyoAni doesn't own Haruhi, unless I'm missing something.
>>
>>139411499
Surely KyoAni has enough dosh to just buy the rights from Kadokawa right? A light novel property on indefinite hiatus couldn't be that expensive
>>
Are these names an ebin April Fools meme? Fucking April 1st is almost over here in straya
>>
>>139411812
It's my favorite feature on 420chan. I'm glad to see it here for a little while at least, Mr. Young.
>>
>>139410046
I thought that was one of the main reasons Other than Kyon constantly complaining
>>
>>139411775
>>139411783
It's not a matter of acquiring the rights. It's a matter of not wanting to invest time and resources in animating and marketing a series whose source material has run dry.
Every new project has the potential of being milked for years on end; Haruhi has too much baggage for that.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.