[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>if you kill him you'll just end up like him
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: angryMustang.png (702 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
angryMustang.png
702 KB, 800x450
>if you kill him you'll just end up like him
>>
>>139363257
So... you die too?
>>
Fuck off with these /v/ threads, jesus christ.
>>
File: 1438622634234.png (101 KB, 298x295) Image search: [Google]
1438622634234.png
101 KB, 298x295
>I must only use this power for good.
>>
File: ed4f3a0c.jpg (137 KB, 763x427) Image search: [Google]
ed4f3a0c.jpg
137 KB, 763x427
compatible
>>
File: Square-Enix-Logo.jpg (32 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
Square-Enix-Logo.jpg
32 KB, 500x250
i like how arakawa doesn't treat killing like some sort of unforgivable ultimate offense, but doesn't treat it lightly either

i guess it goes to show that Squeni doesn't have the same stick up their ass that Shueisha does after the PTA got mad about Fist of the North Star and Jojo
>>
>I won't kill anyone even if thy try to kill me!
>>
>>139363367
> PTA got mad about Jojo
What? Jojo isn't particularly violent, not even as much as Dragon Ball.
>>
>>139363257
But killing wasn't the problem. Hawkeye even said that she will "dispose him" or something like this. The problem was the future leader of Amestris being someone that uses his truly destructive powers in anger and lust to kill.
>>
>>139363585
>killed your best friend
>started a war that killed thousands
>will kill your other friends the first chance he gets.

i'd say having the common sense to kill him speaks better of you as a future leader.
>>
>>139363547
Most of the violence in Dragonball was against monsters/robots/whatever

The worst the fully "human" characters ever got was either being blown away entirely or holes punched in them
>>
>>139363792
Roy had a big old murder boner because of Hughes. Hawkeye still wanted Lust dead, but she wanted her taken down as a matter of fact, not with a literal and figurative hot head

Which is what Roy ultimately ends up doing; he kills Lust to protect the homies instead of because he wants to fucking kill this fucking bitch she killed my best friend die die dieeeeee
>>
i've dropped a lot of shows because of this
>>
>>139363873
Didn't Lust plucked his philosopher stone himself?
>>
>>139363257
batman.jpg
>>
>>139363817

Aside from Goku killing the entire Red Ribbon Army.

>>139363792

The point was losing your fucking mind over the death of one person is not befitting the mindset of a leader should be having. There were several people present that could have killed Envy, but Roy was about to lose it for not being the one to do it.
>>
>>139364340
I dont think it really matters who kill envy. The point is a person is not going to magically turn evil just because he got his rightful revenge.
>>
>I'll just greentext my whole entire thread
Fuck off already.
>>
>>139364567
Who said anything about turning evil? The point is if someone who's ultimate goal is to become a world leader would put his own personal vendettas above all else, then he's not fit to for the role. Hawkeye was just trying to prevent Mustang from becoming that person.
>>
>wants to become world leader
>kills a criminal that killed thousands out of revenge
>all of the sudden not world leader material

still doesn't make sense
>>
File: 1457149620007.jpg (59 KB, 494x481) Image search: [Google]
1457149620007.jpg
59 KB, 494x481
>>
>>139364742
This
Nobody there was agains someone killing Envy,Hawkeye said she would do it herself, the problem was Roy going mad with his desire for revange

I can't believe people did not get that
>>
>>139364844
This. Moralfags acting like killing off a asshat like envy would change him.
>>
>>139364844
The problem was Mustang was doing it for himself, which isn't inherently a bad thing, but if he was allowed to act this way then he probably would end up getting used to putting himself before others, which is definitely not a quality a leader should have.
>>
>>139363547
>Jojo isn't particularly violent
Might want to reread that shit anon. Jojo's practically a gorefest for WSJ.
>>
>>139363257
But Roy DID become just as bad as him.
>>
>>139364844
>my issues come before everyone else's issues
Basically why he isn't exactly world leader material, you wanna be a leader? Do something for the masses, not solely for yourself. Which is what Roy was doing, he was being selfish.
>>
Why do so many people not get that scene? Hawkeye even says she'll kill Envy herself. It's not getting rid of Envy that they had an issue with. It's a man with overwhelming power (seeking to be a world leader) selfishly using that power to hunt, torture, execute Envy out of pure malevolent rage that's the problem.

If you recall, nobody minded him blasting Lust to death. And that's because it was to take out an enemy trying to murder him and his comrades. Not a bloodlust-fueled hunt for revenge.
>>
>>139365443
> killing a mass murdering criminal is not doing doing something for the masses
>but muh morals
>>
I wasn't about killing making you bad you retards, Ed himself killed Pride and Father, and Riza wanted to be the one to kill Envy. It was about the man who wanted to be the leader of their country giving in to rage and killing a man he had personal problems with after a long season of torture.

But no one was agains't Envy getting killed
>>
>>139365582
Nobody misunderstood the scene. Some just think theres nother wrong with revenge, as long as its well placed. Its not like roy cant become a good leader just because he did something for himself.
>>
>>139364844
>lets someone more experienced and suited for the job take it
>say you will take the position after him after he fixes the world
>>
>>139365755
he didn't kill Pride and Father just return to "the truth"
>>
File: 1448508276521.jpg (151 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448508276521.jpg
151 KB, 1280x720
>>139363257
>>
>>139363257
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
>>
>>139366727
Arakawa actually had a nice take on this. Everyone wanted Envy dead but not at the expense of roy becoming a monster. And if you say he won't than you might say the same about the next one. Hawkeye is there in case such thing happens. which is pretty easy with power.
>>
>>139366727
>>139366790
There is zero reason to think he would become a monster after killing a mass murdering cunt.

It's just moralfags doing their thing like always.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.