[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone else noticed the ridiculously well thought out philosophical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 17
File: parastye.jpg (70 KB, 500x424) Image search: [Google]
parastye.jpg
70 KB, 500x424
Has anyone else noticed the ridiculously well thought out philosophical narrative of this show? I mean, artful symbolism is up to the eyes of the beholder. However, at the core of it's structure Parasyte delves deep as hell into introspective analysis and asks what it means to be comprised of matter, living or not. Whoever wrote this should be hailed as a genius.
>>
>>139358503
The manga was better
>>
>>139358503
explain further
>>
>>139358539
I noticed as I was watching Parasyte that the show in and of itself was a commentary on subjective views. As the show developed I could see that a lot of thought had been put into the criticism of a central moral code as well as an inquisition into the true nature of the subconscious mind. Even at the end of the show it only delves deeper into the mystery as Migi goes off into mental realms unknown.
>>
>>139358792
This guy has literally no clue what he's saying.[\spoiler]
>>
>>139358503
>Has anyone else noticed
...that 90% of his problems come from being an spaz and freaking out over pointless shit even after he merged and had a personality change to be calm, collect and logical?
>>
>>139358503
Is this bait? The discussion Parasyte attempts to start is pretty unremarkable. Maybe by anime standards it's decent.

Even Madoka which only touched on similar topics was more compelling.
>>
File: aXm4468xjU.jpg (20 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
aXm4468xjU.jpg
20 KB, 650x650
>>139359115
The irrationality of the "human" psyche in motion. It's odd how the only hope in this world is born from it.

>>139359021
0/10 you get a single reply
Step up your game pleb
>>
Is that really you shinichi?
>>
>>139359206
To be fair, Parasyte's story was largely untouched from the manga and the source material is almos 30 years old at this point.
>>
>>139358792
You didn't explain anything, fampai. I feel disappointed.
>>
>>139359206
Again, artful symbolism is to the eye of the beholder. Individual interpretation of metaphor is what's important, mainly because mysteries will always beg for more mysteries.
>>
>>139359248
>The irrationality of the "human" psyche in motion. It's odd how the only hope in this world is born from it.

I'm astounded everyday that people as emotional and shortsighted as the average person seems managed to do anything,
>>
File: api-18.jpg (23 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
api-18.jpg
23 KB, 800x800
>>139359206
The discourse that Parasyte brings to the table is one that's been expressed in some of the greatest works of art over the course of recorded history. Hell, psychologists are <still> trying to figure out the logic behind a serial killer's mask. People like you tend to forget that time is a river, not a stopwatch.
>>
File: 9skgTUT.jpg (149 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
9skgTUT.jpg
149 KB, 1920x1080
For sure there is a lot of philosophy in this show. Pic very related.
>>
I keep waiting for someone to be less vague about this show's narrative, but I guess it won't happen.
>>
File: 1454826158683.jpg (45 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1454826158683.jpg
45 KB, 600x600
>gets fondled and lied to by Shinchi for 20 episodes
>still ends up taking his cock

Either she's a sloot or Shinichi is the craftiest cunt since the MC of Katawa Shoujo
>>
>>139359675
>implying OP actually knows what the fuck he is saying
You might as well go to sleep, anon.
>>
>>139359660
DEEPEST LORE
>>
File: 885-eye-of-horus.jpg (75 KB, 624x390) Image search: [Google]
885-eye-of-horus.jpg
75 KB, 624x390
>>139359675
How about you just go and watch it yourself and stop trying to ask people to explain something that you can't understand without experience.
>>
>>139359723
>Implying I'm not way into philosphy

but that's irrelevant to why I haven't watched the show.

I just don't think it looks particularly interesting.
>>
>>139359712
Stop being a greedy little goblin you pathetic loner, I already gave you your guaranteed reply.
>>
>>139359723
>Tell me why is it deep
>Go fuck yourself
Nice philosophical debate there.
>>
File: 51hnDH+JS6L.jpg (47 KB, 336x500) Image search: [Google]
51hnDH+JS6L.jpg
47 KB, 336x500
>>139359790
You're not as far into understanding as you think if you're asking for people to explain experiential knowledge to you.
>>
>>139359689
>Good, long-time friends with someone you love.
>Better break all contact with him because he doesn't want to tell me things
Calm your autism.
>>
>>139359827
I didn't tell you off, I told you to go fucking understand it through your own subjective lens you mongoloid. Learn to understand where I'm coming from instead of just projecting your false preconceptions.
>>
>>139359856
You act like it's done something different, provided another, possibly personal perspective of things.

I'm just trying to get some clarification.

Because I don't want to bother if it's just asked the same questions as countless others have.
>>
>>139360111
It's done the same thing in a different manner. All things in the space we occupy are an expression of that principle. It's a pleasant story to behold with pleasant psychological undertones. If that's not enough for you I'm afraid you have a case of Buddhist rejectionism and you should probably go re-evaluate your perspective.
>>
It's as deep as this anon

https://youtu.be/mCNg--a1m8E
>>
>>139359905
you're arguing to weebs over the internet, just let it go. You're correct but you're probably arguing with a kid.
>>
Manga was better
>>
>people ironically said tokyo ghoul is better

Looking at tokyo ghoul it's shit compared to parasyte, since it was build much better and the character got an important development which made him cold hearted but it was intentional for the final up coming in the final chapters, which perfectly were executed. What tokyo ghoul did is an endless argument with the inner self, just like just like bleach. I'm not trying to mock tokyo ghoul but they take the whole concept went into blasphemy. Too many characters, and they especially got ignored in re, and having mc with questionable goals. But tokyo ghoul was decent at the end. The pacing was good, the art was good, and the characters were fine, some.

And now don't let me start with re. Re is a clusterfuck with the whole amnesia concept. And the argument with the inner self became even more ridiculous. the first part ended perfectly and didn't need any explanation of ghouls and such. But plotholes werent needed. The parasite thing was good because you didnt need know their origins since the whole thing leaded you to migi's last philosophical point, and this made him memorable character forever.

Which the last conclusion is: tokyo ghoul first part is not even comparable to parasyte and its pacing. And I doubt re will be any good

Oh and please, don't start with the symbolism and foreshadowing shit because these are entirely different things and don't make the story.
>>
>>139359689
>Are you the real Shinichi-kun?
>Are you really Izumi Shinichi?
>>
>>139361024
Guiding little retards towards a good path is an adult's duty.
>>
>>139361080
Sorry for the typos, I'm writing it in my phone at my job
>>
>>139361086
Dont reply to me or my thread ever again.
>>
>>139361190
Shh
Chill hombre
>>
Anon, I can respect your opinion, but Parasyte didn't really do anything new in terms of its overall theme. The "humans are the real monster" thing has been done before, and while that's not a bad thing and everything has been done already, it's been much better. I like Parasyte, I think it's solid, but it's so on the nose and, at times, clunky with its delivery, that I don't really think it can be hailed as genius.
>>
>>139358503
You're a genius for making me cringe this hard, you deserve some award my man.
>>
This seems like pasta. If it isn't fuck off retard, you are impressing no one with your quasi-intellectual drivel, go write a blog or a book no one will take you seriously here.
>I'm afraid you have a case of Buddhist rejectionism and you should probably go re-evaluate your perspective.
>>
>>139361205
That's it. You fucked up.
>>
>>139359675
OP is a fucking retarded pseudointellectual(as all "philosophers" are) so I'll break it down more for you.

It basically pits the narrative of "humans are inherently better" against the narrative of "all life is precious"
The parasites infect and kill a few humans, so authorities and Shinichi himself go fucking crazy trying to exterminate all of them(while simultaneously being responsible for millions of deaths of other lives and ecosystems at the same time)
When Shinichi tries to get Migi to help him exterminate the parasites, Migi asks him why? Migi's only priority is survival, and from an objective point of view humans do more damage to the world anyway. Why should Migi care that others of his species are killing a few of them? It doesn't negatively affect Migi at all, and there's a few billion humans to spare.

Even the mayor is only working with the parasites because he fucking hates humans and how they're destroying the planet for other life forms all in the name of their own "growth"

Spoiler for the ending if you haven't seen the series:
Eventually it comes full circle because the most powerful, invincible, unbeatable fighting machine that is Gatou gets killed by Shinichi stabbing him with a stick he pulls from a burnt trash heap that has cyanide on it - a result of human pollution. In the end, human pollution is still stronger then the strongest parasite.
>>
>>139359723
WE
WUZ
PARASITES
N SHIEEEEET
>>
>>139361279
stronger than* the strongest parasite
fugg.
>>
>>139361279
OP was basically saying the same thing, albeit with more "sophisticated" terms and without explaining how the show does it.

At the end of the day, Parasyte's theme is about how moral is subjective, and how there really is never a correct answer about what's "right".

I don't see why people hype this so much, it was entertaining and interesting, but it has been done before, and it has also been done better.
>>
>>139361206
Yeah, I can agree there. The delivery did sort've fall flat at points, but I don't think it was going for a "man is the monster" type idea as an end goal. It seemed to be reaching even further beyond that into "new capillaries of thought" territory with Miki at the end.

>>139361279
I already have this world figured out to a fairly deep level. I have nothing to prove to a pleb on the internet who can't enjoy discussion on subjective view. Enjoy your pointlessness, Mr. axiom.

>>139361248
Not my fault you reflexively recoil at a deeper level of discussion.
>>
>>139361526
People hype it because no one here ever watches Seinen and so when they were unsuspectingly introduced to a Seinen, they lost their shit and were blown away because it's actually good and not Shounen or Moeshit.
>>
>>139361526
Yeah? And which one were done better?
>>
>>139361569
>I already have this world figured out to a fairly deep level. I have nothing to prove to a pleb on the internet who can't enjoy discussion on subjective view. Enjoy your pointlessness, Mr. axiom.
No u. You were incoherent in both your message and your phrasing. When you were asked to expand upon what you meant, you obfuscated your point even further. You have nothing to prove because you're actually just not as smart as you think you are. Piss off.
>>
File: 1458530122739.jpg (13 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1458530122739.jpg
13 KB, 600x338
>>139361574
I'm sorry to bring this down for you but it's all matter of taste not because it's actually good. You have a shit taste
faggot-kun

Moe is the only thing that can fulfill/lead my heart into light, yours is darkness. And parasyte was good.
>>
>>139361601
Are you kidding me? The subjectivity of morality and the inexistence of something that is truly "right" has been explored a shitload of times in literature.
>>
>>139361526
>t the end of the day, Parasyte's theme is about how moral is subjective, and how there really is never a correct answer about what's "right"
So, Shiki?
>>
>>139361705
I said which ones were executed better than parasyte
>>
File: 1458210542085.png (38 KB, 711x1009) Image search: [Google]
1458210542085.png
38 KB, 711x1009
>>139361705
>Are you kidding me?
>>
File: 700451-kenshiro...jpg (349 KB, 1603x1202) Image search: [Google]
700451-kenshiro...jpg
349 KB, 1603x1202
>>139361611
Look 4chan, this man is a prime example of how hard it can be to forego the principle of "visible image before essence."
>>
>>139361728
In anime or in general? Because Gantz does that too, but only in the manga. Either way, Gantz does a better job than Parasyte, mainly because Parasyte pulled the whole discussion out of nowhere, as the only foreshadowing in the anime happens when Shinichi is being a bitch and Migi starts telling that he j ust does what he does to survive.

Parasyte does a very decent job, though.
>>139361759
;-;
>>
>>139361768
I'm not going to entertain you here. You are pretentious. You can't possibly know whether what you say is true. Also you're clearly new, so either lurk moar to become accustomed to the board culture or go back to where you came from. I don't care about winning inane Internet arguments on something as pointless as "this anon is dumb" vs "this anon is not dumb"
Take your "victory" here and - I reiterate - piss off.
>>
File: 103px-MML3Barrell.png (21 KB, 103x184) Image search: [Google]
103px-MML3Barrell.png
21 KB, 103x184
>>139361881
Quit being such a negative nancy and accept that you're projecting yourself as assumptions about other people pleb.
>>
File: DaruReact.png (1 MB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
DaruReact.png
1 MB, 557x605
>>139361987
>>
>>139358503
>show
>>
>>139361086
Hey I was one of the inventors of that repetitive gag
>>
>>139358792
You didn't say fucking anything. You just circled around using witty words to say fuck nothing.
>>
>>139362790
Nigger what?
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.