[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /a/ think of this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: garg.jpg (311 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
garg.jpg
311 KB, 640x960
What does /a/ think of this?
>>
>>139317391
Wasted potential shit
>>
>>139317391
The designer needs to throw us a bone and make a few h-mangas. It's been so long.
>>
God-tier start, pretty good finale, mind-numbinly boring middle
>>
>>139317391
I liked it a lot. Interesting setting and characters. One of the best mecha series to come out in the last several years.
>>
I'm pretty much in agreement with that anon >>139317659.
>>
File: download.png (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.png
11 KB, 225x225
I thought it had a great setting and premise, it was an interesting take on the whole "humans ruining the Earth and finding ways to escape our fuck up". But like previously mentioned it was very slow in the middle, that said, I think its great ending made it enjoyable and worth the watch.
>>
Missed opportunity for greatness but at least it wasn't shit-tier. Just that the bitterness of knowing the wasted potential felt like shit.

/a/ knows it for ChamBRO, SENMETSU and dancing.
>>
I could never get over the fact the first few episodes were effectively to the toon of "guy from a highly advanced civilization has to learn that the primitive way of life of the locals is something that can be admired".

I mean I've seen this trope a hundred times but in Gargantia the shipfolk were completely...wrong and were lucky they didn't get exterminated?

They attempt to kill the main character because he's a potential threat and he lets that slide. They have their citizens kidnapped by pirates and he goes out of his way to save the people who just tried to murder him. Then they get fucking upset that he saves everyone while only killing the pirates because "the pirates will just come back more angry" at which point he just obliterates the pirate fleet that has been harassing, killing, and raping their people for XXX years. Then they're upset that he could slaughter fellow humans (who were again pillaging and raping) with such abandon.

All the while still talking among themselves as if they can kill him if he proves to be trouble WHEN HE SHOWS HE HAS A GIANT FUCKING ROBOT THAT COULD KILL THEM ALL.

Then the next few episodes are how he needs a job (if I remember sorry if that's just the focus of one) because everyone pulls his weight since his giant robot WHO SAVED EVERYONE needs a job of their own.

I know that it's just a hurdle onto what amounts to a probably decent story but when I legitimately do not like 95% of, not just the cast, but the people in the setting it's not something I care to watch.
>>
>>139317391
It was nice at first, Senmetsu etc.
Then that gray haired faggot became an even greater pussy and chamber died.
He should have stepped into Kugels place and civilized the fuck out off those disgusting and degenerate hippie barbarians.
>>
>>139318075
But they're not barbarians, unlike the retarded galactic federation wannabe-spartans who are fighting the most pointless war ever in space despite having infinite room to expand and access to the riches of the universe thanks to wormhole gate technology, while still fucking losing against space squids who only continue developing deadly squid lasers because dumb gray-haired humans in robots keep attacking them constantly instead of just letting them mentally devolve into harmless dumb space critters for easy pickings later.
>>
>>139318219
That's the issue.

His world is comprised of complete fucking idiots and there's nothing he could do about it.

Then you have a bunch of idiots hippies that he could maybe help stop being idiot hippies. Now, grant you, the other space idiot went way too far in his shitty apocalypse now plan.

But then our favorite white pussyboy went way too fucking native
>>
File: 1456372489222.jpg (127 KB, 528x292) Image search: [Google]
1456372489222.jpg
127 KB, 528x292
>>139318075
>>
The second OVA's subs were done by a monkey so I can't understand them and nobody else has put any others out.
>>
>>139318710
Vivid subed it like 5 months ago
>>
>>139317695
>One of the best mecha series to come out in the last several years.
I love this meme
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.