[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One Piece
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 300x168
I never got into One Piece, but I'm trying to. Is there a way I "should" watch the anime (skipping filler) or should I just read the manga?
>>
>>139282915

Depends on what you want out of it. I recommend reading the manga, the anime is extremaly fast paced and skips long parts and details of the story.
>>
>>139283252

For example the fight with Buggy the clown was really long and annoying (Buggy being a major boss character) as I remember it in the manga and then he's done for in 20 mins of anime.
>>
>>139282915
anime is good for the majority of the first half on one piece, but enies lobby on it snowballs downhill into a horrible drawn out piece of shit

if you are ok with mangas then just read that, if you dont like reading them then watch the anime till around enies lobby and if you are still itchin for more then you read
>>
>>139283383
why is that tho, I still watch the anime but jesus that Dressrosa arc might've just killed the vibe
>>
>>139285164
They start with the ususal decent pace, passable animation, with occasional meh filler that every long running shounen anime gets.

But after about the halfway point, instead of doing filler, they just started dragging out each chapter longer and longer until they're stretching half a chapter to fill an entire episode. On top of that the animation just keeps on getting worse because Toei, as usual, doesn't give a fuck. It's awful.
>>
>>139282915
Anime or manga until Shabaody ; if anime then skip fillers except G8 arc which is pretty cool.
Starting from Shabondy, the anime goes from bad to worse, so read the manga.
>>
>>139283252
>the anime is extremaly fast paced
Once upon a time, yeah. Now it's slower than shit in winter.
>>
Most of the manga is colored and better paced later on. Read the manga if you prefer, anime is good until later on when one episode covers one chapter.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.