[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are people triggered to find deeper meaning in Evangelion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157 KB, 1920x1080
Why are people triggered to find deeper meaning in Evangelion?

Why do you guys keep coming up with new questions?
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 400x248) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 400x248
Because Anno put a lot of nonsense into the show/movies and it's human nature that we can't accept confusing shit so we come up with pleb answers.

>what did the vagina mean on Rei's head?
>>
>>139277708
>>what did the vagina mean on Rei's head?

It was the literal mindfuck

>>139277656

People get triggered in all directions. People hate a deeper meaning and people love a deeper meaning.

In general the plebs that just want to fap to general harem fanservice BS are in the vast majority, as shown by the popularity with shit like Asswar and SAO
>>
>>139277656
>>139278742
>triggered
Fuck off.
>>
>>139277656
the show puts a lot of emphasis on the actions/psychology/personality of the characters
like why is gendo the only one in the show wearing gloves?it symbols that he hides his true intentions
>>
>>139277656
Not even the creators knew anything about Christianity. They admit to adding these elements because they look cool.

NGE proves that the general population has bad tastes in entertainment and literature. Explains why Kanye, Beyonce, OD, fifty shades, kevjumba etc are famous.
>>
>>139279717
No, Anno does have reasonable knowledge of Christianity. That he did some batshit strange things with it is another matter.
>>
>>139278758
Oh, I'm sorry, did that word affect you? I guess we should watch what we say around you so we don't hurt you.
>>
>>139277656
I was looking at my DVDs the other day and noticed my original Evangelion DVDs were labelled 0.1 , 0.2 , etc rather than just 1 , 2 , etc.

Did they plan it from the very beginning?
>>
>>139279717
So the pointless color is pointless color? Next we're gonna tell you that the creators didn't intend the fact that the characters live in departments mean anything! The show obviously doesn't have anything to say besides what you'd see in promotional art so all the interest has to come from that!

I'm sorry, I got mad for no reason and that wasn't cool of me. I just don't like all the attention payed to the religious aspect when it's nothing more than code-words the big company uses. It's not as if the angels identified themselves by name or if Adam was the first human, it's not meant to be taken literally.
>>
>>139279717
>Not even the creators knew anything about Christianity

Which would be a problem if the show was about religion. But it's not. It's about the psychology of the main cast.

People don't think Eva is deep because the monsters are called "angels" and fire crucifix shaped laser beams, they think it's deep because the characters have a modicum of complexity to them (at least by the incredibly low standards of anime).
>>
>>139279717
>Not even the creators knew anything about Christianity.
This is actually false though, and you would probably realize that if you had actually watched Eva. Anno isn't a religious scholar by any means but he seems to have actually done a competent amount of research. He certainly didn't just look up random quotes from the Bible and slap the names onto whatever he felt like as so many people here like to make it seem.

>They admit to adding these elements because they look cool.
Anyone who isn't a complete retard knows that the religious imagery didn't have any sort of deeper meaning. It was there strictly to help set the tone of the show, and yes, because it "looked cool". That isn't an excuse however for people like you to write it off as stupid and trite just because they're butthurt over Eva for whatever reason.
>>
>>139279850
>>139279971
>>139280123
https://undisputedtruth.wordpress.com/2008/04/05/neon-genesis-evangelion-sucks/

>Because Christianity is an uncommon religion in Japan we thought it would be mysterious. None of the staff who worked on Eva are Christians. There is no actual Christian meaning to the show, we just thought the visual symbols of Christianity look cool.
>– Kazuya Tsurumaki, Assistant Director of Neon Genesis Evangelion

>“Evangelion is like a puzzle, you know. Any person can see it and give his/her own answer. In other words, we’re offering viewers to think by themselves, so that each person can imagine his/her own world. We will never offer the answers, even in the theatrical version. As for any Evangelion viewers, they may expect us to provide the ‘all-about Eva’ manuals, but there is no such thing. Don’t expect to get answers by someone. Don’t expect to be catered to all the time. We all have to find our own answers.”
>– Hideaki Anno, Director of Neon Genesis Evangelion
Anno's just chickening out. Even he doesn't know shit.

And the reason why I diss NGE is because the MC is worse than Sasuke, the story is a mish mash of religious oddities and every emo Linkin Park song and is a very poor rendition of the whole "kids operating giant robots to save the world" theme.
>>
>>139280309
You linked posts saying that the religious thing is just to look cool and doesn't relate to anything in the plot. Then you explained that the problem with this show is that it's overly dramatic about little issues like Linkin Park, that the MC hides his feelings to look cool and that the main theme is people piloting stuff.

You really need to troll harder to keep this thread bumped.
>>
>>139280309
The problem is that the usage of the Christian symbolism is used in context. If they were just grabbing things from Christian symbology to 'look cool' then they wouldn't make sense.

The floor of the dummy plug plant has a glyph that was taken from a book about summoning and trapping souls. That's not coincidence. Whoever was putting these things into the series knew what they were doing and actually did research
>>
>>139277656
>SO DEEP
>O

>D
>E
>E
>P
>>
File: 20160329_075326.jpg (1008 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160329_075326.jpg
1008 KB, 2048x1536
Stupid questio .

Where are 13 and 14?
>>
>>139280309

Yes, good job, you found quotes that anyone who isn't a total newfag has seen multiple times before. I'm not going to bother giving you a serious reply because you obviously just have an affinity for being a nigger and ignoring actual counterarguments.
>>
ITT: people who missed the point of Eva.

Eva is not about the plot, deeper meaning or religion. Eva is all about the characters, their development, psychology and relationships. That is the point of evangelion. The plot and the symbolism are there for style and to flesh out the world. Basically, it's a show about character analysis.
>>
>>139277708
It means she thinks with her vagina.
>>
>>139281261
Kind of like your mother then, going by the monstrosity she spat out.
>>
>>139277656
Because it's fun
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.