[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Utawarerumono
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: smug.jpg (372 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
372 KB, 1280x720
What went wrong?
>>
Aquaplus deciding to use PS3/PSVita as their platform for Uta2.
>>
>>139270353

The Studio.

Or the director.

Maybe both.
>>
>>139270353
New MC
>>
>>139270353
The devs
>>
>>139270353
Nobody can pronounce "Utawarerumono"
>>
>>139270353
The source material sucks.
>>
>>139270620
dont forget shit source material. so pretty much everything except for the art from the VN which the only thing you can take away from this shitfest. hopefully someone uploads a CG set somewhere and we can call it a day
>>
File: 1459107558025.png (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459107558025.png
3 MB, 1280x720
>not fighting to the death
The only character in this show I thought wasn't just there for memes and she let me down.

TFW the most bad-ass character is the damn bird
>>
>>139271720
I'm glad she's alive. More scenes in season 3 for me to ejaculate on her face.
>>
>>139271720
I want to motorboat Munechika's mune
>>
The game was shit. It's only natural the anime would be too.
>>
>>139271767
implying any producers would waste money on more of this shit
>>
File: kuon.jpg (335 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kuon.jpg
335 KB, 1280x720
>>139270620
What the fuck was the director thinking when he decided to make the first 15 episodes fujobait and skipped most of the relevant fight/plot scenes in the later half?
>>
>>139272975
not even that far. buy episode 4 when haku was still cleaning gutters you had to fucking wonder where the fuck they were going with this shit. wasn't he supposed to be a fucking genius with great things to do waiting for him at the city? why the fuck is still a bumbling janitor? OH IT'S SO HE COULD NAVIGATE THE SEWERS IN THE LAST EPISODE HOLY SHIT TALK ABOUT DEEEEEEP
>>
>>139272975
>What the fuck was the director thinking when he decided to make the first 15 episodes fujobait
That's what the layout they got for the first half of the game was like.
>and skipped most of the relevant fight/plot scenes in the later half?
The last half of the game was pretty heavily rewritten in the three months leading up to the game's release. A lot of settings were changed and the studio didn't have background art for them. You can see this direct result in two scene continuity errors: One when munechika blows up the beach to push their boat away from tuskuru, and the other before the kickass male swordsman guy with the toddler blows up a neighborhood. In fact the entire oshutoru framing arc is heavily divergent in details because the version of the story they started with six months before the game was released was so much different from the game was finally released.

Three months of anime takes six months to produce, and storyboards have to be slated a month and a half before the episode airs. I imagine that redoing literally all the storyboards, and consequently all the keyframing and background art for an entire half a cour, was not on the table, except for major plot errors, which they obviously caused problems fixing and didn't even get to fix all of them.
>>
>>139272975
that waifus is what sells so that's what they should focus on. also the art for a SOL is probably cheaper than drawing numerous battles.

basically waifu and moe shit killed anime.
>>
>>139273318
First I'm hearing of this but I guess that explains why the pacing is such a mess.

At the end you have people like Oshutoru acting like Haku is some general on par with the pillars, despite spending half of the show going "muh uzuurussha" and not winning any major battles because they were all skipped or rewritten to make him look like a clown.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.