[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Last time I watched this show was like in 2011, and still, after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: loghnw1.jpg (301 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
loghnw1.jpg
301 KB, 1920x1080
Last time I watched this show was like in 2011, and still, after completing many other shows I never managed to find something on this level?

Is Code Geass at least half as good as this? I want to watch something similar so bad.
>>
/wsr/
>>
>>139251615

Code Geass substitutes its lack of narrative and thematic depth by throwing in a plot twist every single episode. It works decently for a while but by the time of R2 it turns into a trainwreck so abominable that it's a miracle how the ending could have possibly been as good as it was.
>>
>>139251699
Nice, I didn't even know that board exists, I stopped visiting /a/ years ago and barely get out of /mu/.
>>
logh is essentially just a latent gay fantasy about anti-imperialism / anti-colonialism

not as memorable as the fantastic approach to criticizing democracy found in code geass, imo
>>
>>139251965
lol retard
>>
Can you honestly say that all 110 episodes of this show are good? I know there are more than half of them that are fairly crap. A truly great story does not need that many episodes. And there's no action in this show at all. Legend of the Galactic Heroes is probably one of the worst anime ever made. It has boring characters, shitty battle scenes, gay music, and the animation is completely abominable especially for being a low budget early 90′s production.

HEY GUYS LET'S FIGHT USING 18TH CENTURY PRUSSIAN NAVAL TACTICS IN FUCKING SPACE BECAUSE THAT MAKES SENSE.

Seriously though I heard it was an intelligent and well thought out plot that keeps you guessing. Then I saw some of the 'advanced' tactics (such as no use of 3rd dimension) that they used at the beginning and realized that the series was overhyped and that only stupid people would have any trouble predicting the plot. 10 episodes later and I was given no reason to doubt my assessment and I dropped this hunk of average.
>>
>>139255177
It's stupid how they're 1000+ years in the future and everyone on the Empire's side is acting like they're from the 18th century, and everything is so old and outdated. Also people didn't change their habits, and stupid stuff like for example paparazzos still exist, and technology didn't change, and people still fight over politics, etc, it's dumb and unrealistic, people would progress much more and change their behavior by that time.

Also another stupid thing is how their battles are not 100 ships vs 100 ships but its actually 20,000 ships vs 20,000 ships and millions and millions of people which is totally unrealistic and dumb. Or in that episode when they want to remove all the food from one planet, which is of course impossible to be done, they show only people evacuating the food from one area of the planet, but what's with the rest? Fucking dumb. They treated planets like cities, not like planets.

I have been around mate, I have seen stories from anime, manga and visual novels. If it's one thing I can be certain off is that I know a good/bad story when I see it and this one is bad.
>>
>>139255224
>and everyone on the Empire's side is acting like they're from the 18th century
but this is explained. The first ruler of the empire was germanboo.
>>
>>139255177
The characters are the best in the medium you're having shittaste here.
the battles yes they're fucking crap and retarded.
story ? not that good just ordinary
>>
>>139251615
>no waifus
>no harem
>shitty animation.

How can you guys watch this shit.
>>
>>139256888
Agreed, it's abysmal, there's only like 2 female characters.
>>
>>139251965
This imo.
Code Geass's representation of imperialism and the founding roots of democracy was tactful and eloquent, especially when compared to LOGH.
>>
>>139258270
>>139251965
Is this a bait?
>>
>>139251615
Arslan Senki or the Heroic Legend of Arslan, written by the same guy. You might want to try Tytania, but there should have been more to it. It builds up a big story but leaves it very unfinished. Also by the same guy.
>>
>>139259287
Is Rose of Versailles good?
>>
>>139256888
nigger, logh had waifus and harem before it was even cool
>>
>>139259375
yeah
>>
>>139254696
>lol
Fuck off faggot.
>>
>>139261585
classic LoGH hater, shouldn't you be watching garbage like ERASED or something similar?
>>
>>139255177
>Naval tactics
retard, it's land tactics.
>No use of 3rd dimension
Because it's napoleonic.

>>139255224
>people would progress much more and change their behavior by that time
In every time, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same. I wonder if the Romans would be similarly disappointed by the dark ages.

>Battles are not 100 vs 100, they're 20,000 vs. 20,000
Yes that's because it's imitating napoleonic battles.
>>
>>139262356
>In every time, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same
We're way more advanced than 5000 years ago and don't go around pretending that ordinary men that rule the country are gods on this planet.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.