[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: Paranoia20agent.jpg (59 KB, 600x733) Image search: [Google]
Paranoia20agent.jpg
59 KB, 600x733
Opinions?
>>
>>139234556
It was good.
>>
>>139234556
Opening was the best opening ever made
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-anabfAg06U
>>
>>139234556
I like it a lot, but it's not one of my favorite projects by Kon.

>>139236006
This anon is right. One of the best songs composed by Hirasawa.
>>
File: 1449859000390.jpg (218 KB, 900x891) Image search: [Google]
1449859000390.jpg
218 KB, 900x891
>Satoshi Kon is dead

Is there anyone else that comes even remotely close to this guy's talent ? Seriously watching anything else after this guy is just a waste of time
>>
>>139234556
God tier OP, my second favourite of all time.
Suicide episode was good, but everyhting else was shit.

Perfect Blue will always be the best thing Satoshi Kon did.

>>139236449
>Kon died
>Dream machine never got made, no signs of being made
>Miyazaki is still alive
>>
I sometimes think it would be very interesting if Shonen Bat actually existed
>>
>>139236551
>>Miyazaki is still alive
>Implying that's a bad thing.
>>
>>139234556
Honestly this may has well have been a live action drama. The fact it's a cartoon really does nothing for it
>>
it was fine until like episode 7 then it went from 9/10 to 2/10
>>
>>139234556
>>139236675
Basically this.

And I could kick myself for not noticing that they had no shadows the entire time in episode 8 when I watched it the first time.
>>
>>139236686
He's a liberal faggot who is against free speech.
>People murdered in Paris for Muhammed cartoons
>Miyazaki goes on about how it's wrong for anyone to draw sacred figures
He's a cunt. People should be free to draw, write and say whatever without being murdered for it. I'm aware someone will imply I'm doing the same with my attitude towards him, but he is free to hold his shit beleifs and I wont stop him. I'm free to say I hate him for them.
>>
>>139236800
Pretty much this. I enjoyed it much more before all the supernatural stuff.
>>
>>139236887
nerd
>>
>>139234556
Rewatched a couple weeks ago and it made me realize why I hate people who put this shit on Facebook so much
>>
>>139237617
>Facebook
You only have yourself to blame,
>>
I had convinced myself I didn't like it until I recently rewatched the OP, and I remembered I actually liked it a lot. Overall I think it's hit and miss. The beginning was certainly very strong but then it gets stupid, then jarringly goes full episodic before having a nonsense conclusion. It's good as a collection of ideas (which it literally was according to Kon) but lacks concision. I still like it more than Paprika though.
>>
>>139236449
He was good, but stop acting like those newshits who think that Miyazaki and Kon are the only good directors in the industry.
>>
>>139236887
You're taking what he said out of context. He just criticized the fact they were making fun of another culture instead of doing the same with theirs. Also, you'll never agree with everything a person says. Judge him by his works instead of nitpicking some random statement
>>
Kon is good, but overrated. Only reason his movies gain so much praise and exposure is that they're more grounded than most anime.
>>
>>139239764
doing that with their own*
>>
>>139239764
>He just criticized the fact they were making fun of another culture instead of doing the same with theirs

That makes him an even bigger retard becasue Charlie Hebdo always criticized and satirized everything and everyone
>>
>>139239935
Like I said, I don't necessarily agree with what he said. He's bitter, contrarian and always says polemic shit anyway.

Where talking about a guy who daydreams about Tokyo being vanished by a tsunami.
>>
>>139239764
>He just criticized the fact they were making fun of another culture
There is nothing wrong with this.
I bet if you asked Miyazaki of his view on China it would be critical, given their treatment of the environment and human rights.

>>139240467
>He's bitter, contrarian and always says polemic shit anyway.
If he was contraian why does he just spout liberaol shit? Liberal shit is in right now, so he should be going for the ultranationalist angle.
>Where talking about a guy who daydreams about Tokyo being vanished by a tsunami.
I hope this is true jsut because I want to know what the Japanese reaction to this is.
But to be fair, I'm British and if London sank into the ocean the UK would improve overnight. Birmingham, Manchester, and a bunch of other places could sink too, London isnt our only shithole.
But what does he hate about Tokyo? It seemed like an ok place, I dislike all the lights and hate cities in general. But it's not filled with human garbage (unlike London).
>>
>>139234556
One of my all time favorite anime but I still don't really understand episode 8. So they were either dead the whole time or hadn't even been born? If that's the case, why? Also, I don't get the significance of Shounen Bat being afraid of them if there is any.
>>
>>139239203
>The beginning was certainly very strong but then it gets stupid, then jarringly goes full episodic before having a nonsense conclusion.
Having the story line break down was done intentionally to reflect the increasing power of Shounen Bat and the paranoia and confusion that came with him.

Also, that episodic section was fantastic. The gossiping housewife episode will always be one of my favorite episodes of any anime.
>>
>>139241698
They died during the episode, in one of their first attempts to an hero. Which one? No one knows. Shonen bat is afraid of them because they're ghosts.
>>
>>139236800
It's episode 5 where it goes to shit, but you're still right.
>>
>>139241421
Well, that wasn't exactly what he said but if you watch his interview about Ponyo you'll see that isn't too far from what he thinks. If you're interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZWmOYq3fX4

The translator makes some mistakes, but most of what she translates is correct.
>But what does he hate about Tokyo? It seemed like an ok place, I dislike all the lights and hate cities in general. But it's not filled with human garbage (unlike London).
He thinks that people can only become better through struggle or when they have a common goal. He doesn't view natural disasters or ''bad things'' as essentially bad things because they generally make people better in the long term due to forcing them to work together to solve the problem and to help each other out, also because it forces them to leave their comfort zone. Basically, he thinks they're unfortunate happenings that can bring good things.

My other guess is that he doesn't like the way Japan is now and thinks that only a extreme situation will make the country achieve the glory of the old days again. In the interview, he mentions that the natural disaster in Ponyo purified the land and made everything better rather than just destroying things.
>>
>>139241952
I don't care if it was intentional, it was still stupid. The individual episodes stand nicely on their own but in the context of the whole they felt out of place. I don't appreciate that kinda thing in a 12 episode show. I feel like Kon just had no vision when putting this together.
>>
>>139242650
Didn't Kon only direct the first episode tho?
>>
>>139242591
>make people better in the long term due to forcing them to work together to solve the problem and to help each other out
He must have ignored all the western cases, where people just looted and did anything but band together.
>a extreme situation will make the country achieve the glory of the old days again
It's funny to hear that, coming from a man who seems to hold western liberal values, which do anything but improve people. All about lowering standards and flogging yourself for being better than others.

>>139242650
>I feel like Kon just had no vision when putting this together.
It's still miles ahead of Memories.
I want my 2 hours or so of my life back, Stink Bomb was by far the worst of the three movies in it.
>>
>>139234556
I'm sure you're asking so we can discuss and not just give you a rec. Shounen bat actually turns out to be a figment of the girls imagination. I thought it was a novel twist.
>>
>>139242591
That reminded me of something I read here a while ago; his comments in, I think, an art book, on the first Patlabor film.
>>
>>139242957
He's the series director and co-writer. In interviews it's been said that the content of the show was a collection of ideas he had but hadn't used for his earlier movies. Instead of scrapping them he repurposed them into a TV series.

>>139242972
I haven't actually seen Memories.
>>
>>139234556
enjoyed it a lot and an all time favorite
>>139236551
suicide episode was best indeed
>>
>>139234556
Mediocre and overrated.
Watch Lain and Texhnolyze instead.
>>
>>139243572
You can watch all of them.
>>
>>139242972
>It's funny to hear that, coming from a man who seems to hold western liberal values
Miyazaki may hold some liberal values, but he isn't some retarded redditor with a one-dimensional view about the world. Just because he like strong women, is pro environment and pro pacifism doesn't mean he's some idiot from tumblr.
>>
>>139243591
Life's too short for that.
>>
>>139243834
>tumblr
I meant twitter warrior. The line between the two is pretty thin
>>
>>139243870
What life?
>>
>>139243954
yours
>>
>>139244004
It's too late for that.
>>
>>139243450
>I haven't actually seen Memories.
Save your time, dont bother. It's shit.
>>
Shit scared the fuck out of me with the clown scene.
>>
>>139242384
wth people on 4chan agree with me. im shocked
>>
Would it have been better off if it was condensed into a movie?
>>
I love it, but it made me sad. It's surprising that the happiest moment in the entire series comes from the suicide group episode.
>>
File: 142a723.png (159 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
142a723.png
159 KB, 500x500
>>139245433
>>>/Reddit/
>>
>>139245403
I fucking hate clowns.
>All the gore vids and images posted on the internet
>Never seen one envolving a clown
Somewhat dissapointing. I hate clowns, and they probably know people are terrified of them at this point, yet they still exist.

Do you also get creeped out by mimes and geisha? Because I dont like them either, they arent clown tier, but close.
>>
>>139245580
The doll in Paprika was scary.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.