[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there even the slightest chance of Kiznaiver not being AOTY?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 241
Thread images: 27
Is there even the slightest chance of Kiznaiver not being AOTY?
>>
Oh yeah, how was the premiere this morning?
>>
>>139202989
>okada
>trigger

Its like a recipe for failure
>>
>>139203075
She made IBO pretty damn well bitch
>>
>>139203075
Name another anime writer who has written as many classic originals.
>>
File: space-patrol-luluco-thumb.jpg (138 KB, 740x588) Image search: [Google]
space-patrol-luluco-thumb.jpg
138 KB, 740x588
>>139202989
No, because that's Luluco
>>
>>139202989
I'm hyped. Kobayashi is a good episode director but I want to see how he handles an entire series himself.
And I like Okada.
>>
>>139203112
>IBO
So you're saying Kiznaiver is guaranteed to be shit.
>>
>>139203143
>Name another anime writer who has written as many infamous originals.

FTFY
>>
>>139202989
I'm hyped as fuck bro, I can't wait to see the series.

Anyone got information on how the premiere went?
>>
Japanese impressions:
Kiznaiver impressions:
>much darker than expected but also much funnier
>animation and art looks really good
>a lot of stuff happens in the first two episodes
>first episode has a bit too much information but the characters are very good, second episode flows much better
>both episodes end in a cliff-hanger
>shirow fans say they really nailed his style
>feels very Trigger but it has hints of Shaft
>the characters are very likeable, main guy is moe, chidori is best girl
>body horror

American impressions (copypasted from Twitter, don't blame me for the meme speak):
>Weird but very good, feels a bit like Saw
>Kiznaiver felt a lot like Danganronpa - comedic, but your life's on the line so it gets dark. Definitely going to continue!
>Kiznaiver episode 1: Mari Okada does Sense8 as a high school anime. Great Trigger animation. Looking forward to more.
>watched the kiznaiver broadcast and, it look so good u guys
>kiznaiver is more gurren lagann than it is kill la kill.. animation wasn't too over the top and the storyline is crazy..I'm actually excited
>Kiznaiver premiere has a lot of potential - Trigger's visual style is a good fit to enhance the emotional drama that Okada is aiming for.
>Expressionistic visuals, Shaft meets Trigger
>Kiznaiver was prettttty cool
>non-spoiler kiznaiver first impressions: whimsical silly cyberpunk teenage torture breakfast club

More detailed impression from dude in a blog:

>Kiznaiver is good. I felt the writing was sharp and direction, visual language, or whatever that gets communicated to the viewer through designs of shapes, directorial decisions and colors.

>The character writing is very Trigger, so I think if you love their works so far you will be in good company. If we want to talk hot takes then it felt like someone added a dose of the kind of surrealism you see in Utena or Penguindrum, but instead of fairy tails there’s a much meatier, 21st century narrative going on.
>>
>Okada

Does that mean there will be bullying?

Is there a Mari Okada bingo card we can use for this show?
>>
>>139203486
MC gets bullied, Hajime (red-hair guy) defends him.
>>
>>139203486
Who wants to make a bingo card? I guess we can start with "bullying".
>>
>>139203485
>those American impressions
Ugh

Now for the important question. Who's getting hitched with whom?
>>
>>139203485
So... Finally a good Trigger anime since KlK? Great.
>>
>>139202989
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E0wbdZZKRc
>>
>>139203635
Yuta flirts with glasses (Maki), but he flirts with all the girls.
Hajime (guy with glasses) protects MC from bullies (yaoi bait?)
MC has a story with Chidori (red hair childhood friend) and Noriko (blue hair main girl), Chidori is typical childhood friend in love with MC
Chidori is pretty much the only one that acts friendly with Nico in school (who is a weirdo) so maybe some yuri bait with them.
Tenga and Chidori quarrel a bit, yuribait?
Weird purple hair dude kinda gay flirts with MC.
Maki acts cold and mean towards everyone.
>>
>>139203485
>Kiznaiver felt a lot like Danganronpa
Sorry to dash your hopes OP, looks like there is a 0% chance of AOTY.
>>
>>139203819
That's summer.
>>
>>139203837
>Tenga and Chidori quarrel a bit, yuribait?
>a guy and a girl
>yuri
Did you mean someone else?
>>
>>139203837
>yuribait?
I meant to say "shipbait" here.
>>
>>139203991
I meant to say shipbait, my bad. People like shipping characters when they quarrel.
>>
>>139203937
>AOTY
>>
>>139203485
Why are Americans so subhuman?I really fucking wish everyone in that shithole would just fucking die,Canada too.

All of you NA shits are mongrelized abominations,no wonder you are so fucking retarded.
>>
>>139203819
mob shitco looks horrendous
>>
>>139203143
Yeah, classics like M3, IBO, and selector infected not madoka
>>
>>139203630
Free space is melodrama
>>
File: 1422839899530.jpg (76 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1422839899530.jpg
76 KB, 625x626
>>139204118
Calm down, amigo.
>>
>>139203485
None of these impressions sound good.
>shaft
>gurren lagann
>dangan ronpa
>okada
>>
>>139202989
I watched the premiere. It was better than I expected. The animation quality is the best I've seen from Trigger so far. Don't know about AOTY, but it'll definitely be fun to watch.

Luluco was great, too.

Anyone have any questions about it?
>>
>>139204430
Spics aren't even human so they don't count.
>>
>>139204514
Who is best girl in Kiznaiver? Who is best girl in Luluco?
>>
>>139204514
The action in Kiznaiver is more like "survival" stuff, right? I feel that's where the Saw/Danganronpa comparisons would come from.
>>
>>139204514
How cute is the main boy in Luluco?
>>
>>139204514
Better than Inou Battle?
I'm trying to not be hyped, but fuck, I'm hyped.
>>
File: img_01.png (97 KB, 219x567) Image search: [Google]
img_01.png
97 KB, 219x567
>>139204613
> Who is best girl in Kiznaiver?
I'm going to go with Noriko for now.

> Who is best girl in Luluco?
Luluco was the only girl with much screen time in episode one. But I have a feeling Midori (pic related) is going to be the best.
>>
>>139204970
Is Noriko a Rei-clone or something else?
>>
>>139204435
>gurren lagann is shit cause it's popular
>okada is shit cause she's popular
pls
>>
File: 1421331749340.jpg (14 KB, 287x225) Image search: [Google]
1421331749340.jpg
14 KB, 287x225
>>139203485
>>Kiznaiver felt a lot like Danganronpa
>>
>>139204679
Yeah, pretty much. But I don't really think any of the characters where actually in much danger. It was just Noriko's way of forcing the characters to cooperate together. I don't know if the "survival" theme will continue at all.

>>139204688
He was only in the OP and ED. Not introduced yet. But I guess his design is cute.

>>139204734
Yeah, I think so.
>>
>>139205125
I read some guy say that in the VA talk show they said that the introduction part of Kiznaiver ended in episode 3. There's a cliffhanger at the end of 2, right?
>>
>>139205040
Nah, she's more like a Senjougahara type of character. I think.
>>
>>139204514
That scene in all the PVs with Hajime fighting with some dudes is when he defends MC from bullies? Is he the bro-type character?
>>
>>139205222
Yeah.

>>139205343
Well he offers to get back MCs money they took from him, for a %20 cut. But he does still come off pretty bro. He's also kind of an idiot.

My favorite character so far, actually.
>>
>>139203075
This.

It's gonna be shit
>>
anyonw know when the first few episodes will be released?
>>
>>139203075
>okada
>trigger
I know, it's going to be great.
>>
Looking forward to this
>>
>>139203746
They did space dandy and captain ( I forget the name some dumb fuck out there please fill in this blank) and ninja slayer so I know what you're talking about they've done other project that are good
>>
>Okada

Get ready for a bunch of great ideas that end in wasted potential
>>
>>139206010
>Okada
>great ideas

More like get ready for a bunch of shitty ideas and even worse execution
>>
>>139205996
Space dandy was made by Bones, not trigger.
>>
>>139205721
April 9

>>139205612
MC: slow moe
Chidori: cute but bossy
Nico: weirdo
Noriko: sexy bitch
Hajime: kinda dumb but bro
Maki: mean bitch
Yuta: fuccboi
Purple guy: homolust

This is the impression I got from the PVs. How close am I?
>>
You were at Trigger's panel yesterday? Were their hints for their upcoming projects just:
>Imaishi show people that like TTGL will love
>Yoshinari show
>secret director show
>>
>>139206419
and the difference between Yuta and Purpleboy would be?
>>
>>139206672
Yuta flirts with girls but treats guys like shit, Purpleboy acts seductive with boys.
>>
>>139206734
Only with boys? topkek
>>
I'll repost something I wrote this morning after watching it.

Spoiler free summary of Kiznaiver first two episodes, plus some extra information provided from the seiyuu interviews that followed:

As told before, the main character Katsuhira has an extremely dulled sense of pain, due to some vital incident shown in flashbacks. However, he is not completely without sensation.

Visually, the style is extremely close to Kill la Kill, due to the director and this being his first solo directing work after episode directing parts of KLK. So far no direct references, and it feels fresh despite the similarities.

Light and shadow are extremely prominent in the scene composition. Crosses representing the symbolic "kizu/kizuna" are everywhere, from the scenery to the outfits to the mascot characters almost reminiscent of Psycho Pass. Very sharp shadows are used to play up this feeling of scars or wounds.

Each character represents one of the "modern" seven deadly sins. The specific words elude my memory but one example is "goody two-shoes" or "pompous" used for pride. Even if I remembered the rest I wouldn't tell you, though it might be fun to guess who's who before it airs.

The colors used for each of them are very prominent, and the color direction is really visually pleasing. Entire scenes painted in one color not just by the direction, but the environment as well.

Most importantly, it absolutely oozes with the hallmarks of Okada's writing. You might remember other characters of hers who are scared because other people don't understand what they're thinking.
Everyone is made to be completely honest about their single deepest secrets. However, there are many more that haven't yet been revealed. Some are obvious, some are impossible to guess, and others are cleverly shown through clues, although there's not much time to think it through before the reveals.
>>
There's some amount of background info dumped, but it's all understandable and not convoluted. You can guess what the endgame might be just from Sonozaki's goal said in a single line.

Pay attention to Katsuhira's hair in one of his flashbacks. The seiyuu said this, I totally missed the little thing that happened.

The seiyuu revealed that Shinozaki (the blue one) only begins to reveal her mysteries in episode 3, and that new characters and plot points come even later in the series. At this point late into the recording, her VA actually still knows more than Kaji Yuki and the other seiyuu. In addition, she wasn't even told about her own character's history for the first two episodes. The director is working closely with them to make sure everyone plays their roles correctly.

They didn't play the OP or ED for us.

Honestly, I'm still a bit overwhelmed at the experience, and I'm really trying to not give away specific events. But allow me to say that as a whole, the show is very tight, the art and animation are excellent so far, and of course the directing and writing are top notch. The second episode ended on a cliffhanger, though as you might expect it's one related to the character's emotions and relations, rather than a life-threatening situation. There will be one more seiyuu event right before the first episode officially airs, and I'm excited to see this released. If you have questions ask away, I'll see if I can hint at anything to answer you.
>>
>>139206886
>>139206927
sounds like fun
Is there any fanservice at all? I fucking hope not
>>
>>139206927
I'm interested in the 7 deadly sins stuff

Is is supposed to be

MC - Sloth
MC's childhood friend - Pride
Red-hair with glasses - Anger
Piercings - Lust
Mean girl with glasses - Envy
Weird Girl - Gluttony (?)
>>
>>139206927
IZ THERE FANSERVICE?!
>>
>>139206927
What do you mean when you say the writing is top notch?

>>139207147
Okada said in an interview that Hajime has some kind of shower scene.
>>
>>139206927
Katsuhira's flashback is probably this scene in the PV.

When reading your impressions what that newbie animator working on Trigger wrote came to mind, she said that the show's use of shadows, colors and scene composition is very deliberate because there is a lot of foreshadowing. She told everyone to watch the episodes twice.
>>
>>139207147
There is no visual fanservice, although there are implied pantyshots that only the characters can see. Actually only just one or two. There is "fanservice" in how they overanimate the characters.

>>139207188
You've already got it mixed up. Glasses is the pride I mentioned.

>>139207220
Whenever Okada writes fanservice, it's usually showers or full nudity.
>>
>>139207220
oh good. I was worried it would have untasteful crap like panty shots or "I tripped an fell on a girl, better squeeze her tits like a goddamn milkmaid!"
>>
>>139207220
>Okada said in an interview that Hajime has some kind of shower scene.
Nice.
>>
>>139206419
>MC: slow moe
autism moe
>Chidori: cute but bossy
Yeah. Basic childhood friend character.
>Nico: weirdo
Weirdo, but she's only pretending!, but still a weirdo
>Noriko: sexy bitch
Manipulative. Doesn't care about invading MCs personal space. Kind of, I guess.
>Hajime: kinda dumb but bro
Exactly.
>Maki: mean bitch
Pretty much. She's probably just a bitch because she's not comfortable around people.
>Yuta: fuccboi
Two faced popular guy.
>Purple guy: homolust
Oh, at first I thought he was the teacher. But I actually just realized he hasn't shown up yet.

>>139206582
Yeah, if I recall correctly. I'm not sure if they said that the secret director show was also a show that TTGL people would love, or if they were just repeating themselves about the Yoshinari show.

Also, when someone asked a question that started with "I know we can all assume that PSG won't be having another season...", he just replied "Don't assume that!". Although, he might have just been trolling.
>>
>>139207307
>Whenever Okada writes fanservice, it's usually showers or full nudity.
Did the aforementioned shower scene happen in the first 2 episodes?
>>
>>139207363
This guy doesn't appear in the first 2 episodes? Interesting, that means production is further ahead than I thought.
>>
>>139207233
I probably won't watch it twice, but I'll try to pay attention more.
>>
File: file.png (156 KB, 413x232) Image search: [Google]
file.png
156 KB, 413x232
>>139207499
Nope. The first episodes only covered a single day.
>>
>>139206886
>>139206927
how was the music? What genre was it and did you personally like it?
>>
>>139207188
She says that there are modern day versions of the seven deadly sins. It was really more just the negative stereotypes of each character. That's the part that really reminded me of The Breakfast Club, like some people have been saying.

In the English translatiion, she said MC was an "imbecile", childhood friend was a "goody two shoes", and popular guy was a "cunning normal". She also said something about weird girl being weird, bitch girl being bitch, and dumb jock being dumb jock.
>>
>>139207623
I can't remember. Other people said it was good though.

I'm not sure if this is obvious, but Shinozaki's VA let slip a little thing. The "aiver" in Kiznaiver (which is the name for what our 6/7 protagonists become once they're linked) refers to someone who spreads wounds/connections. She called the fans Kiznaiveraivers, people who spread the word of Kiznaiver. So it's implying that the endgoal is to connect everyone in the worth through the system to end all conflict.

>>139207802
You're right, I misremembered, but Maki Honoka (glasses) was definitely pride.
>>
>>
Was this scene in the episode?
>>
>>139208002
that sounds incredibly like the human instrumentality project
now I'm really excited
>>
>>139208237
it sounds a bit different desu, i think everyone keeps ther individuality, they just can't harm each other
>>
>>139206927
how bad was the body horror if there was any in the first two episodes?
>>
>>139208919
Barely any yet. Not really a spoiler, but the things shown were wrist cutting and cartoon electric shocks where you can see their skeletons. The rest is just slapping.
>>
>>139208919
Didn't really seem that bad to me. Just some wrist cutting, really.
>>
>>139202989
Casuals already hating it from the screeings

Joker Game, Jojo and Hero Academia is going to shit on it
>>
>>139208992
>>139209041
>wrist cutting
KOTAKU ARTICLES INCOMING
>>
>>139209041
I should add, though, that whenever a character gets hurt, the screen and noise gets all static-y. Which definitely added to the unpleasantness of it.
>>
>>139209057
Joker Game is going to be a mega blunder, the other two will be carried by their manga fanbase despite being shit
>>
>>139209057
I haven't read a single negative impression so far among American normies. Japan is also mostly positive, but I read 1 or 2 guys say that there is too much exposition.
>>
>>139206010
I'm already aware of that, but since she wrote every single dialogue in the whole series I really hope she adds better execution.
>>
File: 1454274317682.jpg (179 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1454274317682.jpg
179 KB, 1024x1024
>>139208002
An animator tweeted this months ago. I noticed there's this red glowing mark on the right wrist opposite the normal, blue one on the left. Is this some kind of evolution of their power, not to mention Hulk Hajime?
>>
>>139209130
>Joker Game is going to be a mega blunder
The novel has massive acclaim in japan you twat. Not expecting massive sales from it. But it will do better than this show.
>>
>>139209235
>But it will do better than this show.
Doubtful.
>>
>>139209216
It's only been two episodes, nobody knows.
>>
>>139205110
Okada is shit because she's made terrible shows.
>>
>>139209312
This show is going to be a failure anon. Japan listed their most hyped shows for the upcoming season and this was close to the bottom
>>
>>139209122
Kiznaiver sounds neat.
>>
>>139204057
Yeah, and he argues with Yuta as well apparently. Who knows what that'll turn into.
>>
>>139209410
It was actually the most expected original, above Kabaneri, Kuromukuro, Mayoiga, Endive and Haifuri. Are you saying that all the originals will bomb next season?
>>
>>139209534
>Are you saying that all the originals will bomb next season?
Not him, but that isn't exactly a rare thing.
>>
>>139209410
I half expect this. Okada's only hit show was ano hana.
Maybe it will do KlK levels at best.
>>
>>139209534
My guess is Kiznaiver will sell about 8k. Maybe.
>>
>>139209167
>okada
>exposition
>>
>>139209534
Originals almost always bomb.

>>139209620
12k average is good for an original, more than Aldnoah, VVV and Guily Crown.
>>
>>139209729
Have you seen IBO? It has the lazy LN tier exposition and so much annoying repetition.
>>
>>139209828
I'm the biggest Okada fan, but I wouldn't blame her for IBO. She barely wrote 6 episodes and the producer was always above her shoulder telling her how to progress the story. In Sunrise anime the producer is more important the writer and the director.
>>
>>139209216
Maybe the picture is just mirrored.
>>
>>139209828
That's more Sunrise's fault.
>>
>>139209534
Adding to this, originals (ignoring sequels) almost never rank highly on these kinds of pre-air polls. There are some exceptions when there's a ton of marketing like KLK, but these charts are almost always dominated by adaptions and sequels, shows where the viewers know exactly what they're going to get.
>>
Okadafag here, was Okada did said?
>>
File: 1390847810674.gif (908 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1390847810674.gif
908 KB, 960x540
Depends how drama heavy it is and it's not some petty high school drama.

I'm always hyped for Trigger though it's hard not to be after KLK.
>>
>>139209893
>I'm NOT the biggest Okada fan
Geh.
>>
Was Okada at Trigger presentation or something like that?
>>
>>139210009
There's a good mix of Trigger comedy, to balance out the Melodrama. Maybe Okada and Trigger is actually a pretty good fit.
>>
>>139209940
I am also Okadafag, and the first two episodes showed a huge amount of the things she's best at. Characters being honest and throwing their emotions at each other, characters not understanding themselves and scaring others, flashbacks shown only a little bit at a time, childhood friend love, lots of meaningful colors. The only thing it doesn't have yet is a song.
>>
File: _20160327_185729.jpg (146 KB, 500x827) Image search: [Google]
_20160327_185729.jpg
146 KB, 500x827
>>139202989
>Airing the same year as JoJo
>Anything else being Anime of The Decade
Kiss knife can go fuck itself.
>>
>>139202989
What the fuck is the plot?
>>
>>139210094
Character dynamics is something I really like about her, but also the stuff about her being the sole scriptwriter of all the episodes makes me feel somewhat happy and calm. Better the execution keeps being good with the rest of episodes.
>>
Was Okada present at the conference. In the first term, was there any source in which I can find what she said?
>>
>>139205996
>( I forget the name some dumb fuck out there please fill in this blank)
Earth
>>
>>139210490
No, they're quoting other interviews she gave. Only Kaiji and Hibiku were at the conference.
>>
>>139210564
And let me guess, there is no written material or translated source for them.
;_;
>>
>>139210654
At least it was scanned so if someone ever wants to translate it it is around.
>>
File: u9tODWw.jpg (124 KB, 721x510) Image search: [Google]
u9tODWw.jpg
124 KB, 721x510
>>139202989
>Is there even the slightest chance of Kiznaiver not being AOTY?

Yes, Amanchu airs this year too so it's already impossible for Kiznaiver to be the AOTY.
>>
>>139210844
>original
>>
>50% painful, 30% bittersweet. That's how I would describe this work. As for the remaining 20%... I just want it to create an explosion in your heart! Together with the staff, we're doing our best! Please watch!
>>
>>139210844
There's a high chance Okada will write several scripts for that, if the series composition doesn't do them all.
>>
>>139210949
But how much percentage bitter and sweet?
>>
>>139210971
Okada is credited to wrote all the dialogues i.e. scriptwriting all the episodes from Kiznaiver. Something doesn't happen since years.
>>
>>139211126
I know, I'm just saying that she often works with Sato Junichi and also wrote scripts for the Aria anime.
>>
>meanwhile no one gives a shit for Mayoiga
Okada is a fucking mercenary.
>>
>>139211173
There is no drama on either Aria or Amanchu, so there is no need to worry about that.
>>
>>139211181
Not really enough info on it. But I'll watch it when it comes out.
>>
>>139210971
Oh yeah, you're right.
>>
>>139211181
Mayoiga's marketing can't even begin to compare to the Trigger hype machine.
>>
>>139208002
>Maki Honoka
Did Okada watch Love Live?
>>
>>139211327
I suposse as long as Mari Okada gets the shekels she doesn't care anymore if a series created by her turns a hit or a shit.
>>
>>139210192
Please go back to your containment thread
>>
>>139209534
Not but this will be one that will. Only one that I think has good shot at success right now is Kabaneri. Because of the massive hype and out of everything that has screened so far, even if only slightly it has the best reception.
>>
>>139211327
Since it was half funded they might be in a zone in which they can allow be a flop.
>>
File: Gae bait.png (155 KB, 1280x974) Image search: [Google]
Gae bait.png
155 KB, 1280x974
>>139204597
Relax muhammad
>>
>>139211435
If you're talking about how she hasn't said a word about it, I think it's because they're deliberately trying to keep it a mystery. Even the voice actors said they didn't know what it's about.
>>
>>139211489
Kiznaiver and Kuromukuro had good reception. Most of Kabaneri's reception was mostly people praising the animation and saying main girl is lewd. I didn't even read people talk about Mayoiga so that's a goner.
>>
>>139211435
Mizushima and Okada are working with someone else's concept.
>>
>>139211489
In terms of profitability it's obvious Kanaberi has the strongest chance to become the best seller. Kiznaiver now has series challenges in the next season and time will tell how well it will doing in the jockeying for the 'best anime' and 'commercial sucess' run.
>>
>>139211745
Can you give me the source? It's going to be interesting to watch anyways.
>>
>>139211745
I don't think so. The title is supposed to be inspired by a folk tale but that's about it.
>>
>>139211605
I think they only gave Mayoiga one episode, the others got 2 or 3 for their pre-screenings, and I get the sense it was very heavy on character introductions and such.

>>139211750
My money's on Delta for the top original, but it's impossible to know how everything will pan out. That's what I like about originals in general, really.
>>
They aren't exactly competing. Kabaneri is going for the otaku audience and Kiznaiver is going for the omnipandering. I'm not even sure the otaku audience is particularly big on action anime right now.
>>
File: CemGZArUYAER3Iu.jpg-large.jpg (84 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
CemGZArUYAER3Iu.jpg-large.jpg
84 KB, 1024x768
What is the meaning of this?
>>
I wonder if P.A. Works will hire Okada again for a future project. It's seems like Nagi no Asukara destroyed their professional relationship.
>>
>>139211870
Number of followers of official spring anime twitter accounts.
>>
Delta: likely best seller, omnipandering, fanservice, IDOLS, bishounen, robot battles
Kabaneri: mostly otaku, action-driven, main girl is very likeable and lewd so I bet they're banking it on her making it big
Kiznaiver: omnipandering but not heavy on fanservice, mostly about the characters
Kuromukuro: mostly for otaku? It seems to have more girls than guys and it has a bunch of PA works bishoujo. Mecha action.
>>
>overwhelmingly positive response to two episodes

Is it too early to be hopeful? Kiznaiver's first episode sounds similar to the excessive exposition in the first episode of IBO, though it was followed up with 10~ solid episodes. I don't want Okada's writing to fall through halfway and Trigger's style alone isn't enough to hold up the entire show.
>>
>>139211978
They're the followers that gained in the previous 5 days.
>>
>>139212045
Okada is writing all of Kiznaiver, she wrote 6 episodes of IBO.

>>139211999
People really liked main girl in Kabaneri; she and the animation got all the praise. I bet she gets all kinds of figures and merchandise before long.
>>
>>139212045
As long as storyboarding and visual direction can encompass Okada's writing it won't be that shit.
>>
>>139212099
Which 6 episodes did she write?
>>
>>139212045
Honestly if anything will fail, it's probably going to be Trigger's style.
>>
>>139202989
So will this be one cour or two?
>>
>>139212045
We've already talked about in this thread that they're not even comparable. Sunrise and especially the Gundam series has a specific way they like doing things, which is different from the free creative control of Kiznaiver. Plus there was hardly any long winded explanations in Kiz, the "reveal" of the setting they live in was like less than a minute.

>>139212099
In Gundam she did 1, 2, 3, 9, 13, 18, 19, and I haven't seen past where Manko is.
>>
>>139212151
Nah.
>>
>>139211972
>It's seems like Nagi no Asukara destroyed their professional relationship.

What's the story there?
>>
>Kiznaiver
>restrained a la Ikuhara's background writing, Okada's narrative, SHAFT impact imagery, interesting visual direction
I can't fucking wait to see how this will evolve or devolve.
>>
>>139212099
I'm basing the perception of exposition on the reaction from the viewers that have already seen the first two episodes. If that's not the case, great.

Episode 1 of IBO is one I had particular issue with, it was entirely exposition and loads of information could have been expressed in a less stiff manner. Though there wasn't much problem specifically with 13, 18 or 19, the writing by others didn't leave much space to fix the poor writing overall. I don't entirely blame Okada but I can't help but be cautious when I see her as the writer. As long as they can keep doing what they're doing in the first two episodes, Kiznaiver will be great.
>>
File: Kiznaiver!.jpg (58 KB, 600x206) Image search: [Google]
Kiznaiver!.jpg
58 KB, 600x206
>>139212524
I heard they are handling the subtlety and foreshadowing good. If Okada has learned that it would improve by tons her writing.
>>
>>139212524
I didn't think there was too much exposition.
>>
Which subs are available for this?
>>
>>139213194
horriblesubs on april 9 bro
>>
>>139213007
The first fucking episode of Gundam was the characters discussing the world and situations for each with nothing else. How the fuck is that not bad?
>>
>>139209167

All the PR for this is going to be tightly controlled by Aniplex so I doubt you'll hear anything but glowing praise for everything
>>
>>139213574
I should have clarified. I was talking about Kiznaiver.
>>
>>139213739
American audiences don't really give a shit, to be honest.
>>
>>139206886
>>139206927
Great write-up, m8.
>>
>>139212203
I say that as someone who saw those episodes. That part of trigger's animation style where they do exaggerated jumps when anybody moves instead of just doing normal movements gets old after a while.
>>
>>139213969
Apparently there were Japanese viewers that don't agree
>>
>>139214497
Oh okay, but I guess I disagree.
>>
>>139214497
At least they actually move like in LWA rather than cardboard cut out movement like in KLK, right?
>>
>>139214595
No cardboard animation at all.
>>
>>139211327
>Mayoiga's marketing can't even begin to compare to the Trigger hype machine.

Poor Pony Canyon

They're even fucking up their US division
>>
>>139214595
I think I remember one scene where they used lack of animation for comedic effect. But the rest of the show was very well animated.

I don't recall seeing any CG. Even in a scene that rotated around all the main characters.
>>
>>139214595
Yeah, Kiznaiver does have a budget.
>>
>>139203112
IBO is the worst gundam I've seen.
>>
>>139214806
>fact
>>
I remember there was some interview with Okada and other person regarding Kiznaiver. Does anyone have that?
>>
>>139215055
Okada and producer Otsuka. It's on Tumblr.
>>
>>139215132
Thank you so fucking much.
>>
File: 1427187433734.jpg (223 KB, 553x849) Image search: [Google]
1427187433734.jpg
223 KB, 553x849
>Written by: Mari Okada
>>
File: Mari Okada.png (152 KB, 225x353) Image search: [Google]
Mari Okada.png
152 KB, 225x353
>writer: Mari Okada
>>
File: 0151.png (204 KB, 455x633) Image search: [Google]
0151.png
204 KB, 455x633
>Written by: Mari Okada
>>
>>139203844
Do they mean the anime?
I thought it was universally acknowledge to be shit
>>
>>139216632
I think they meant the general premise: a motley crew of teenagers are put into a possibly dangerous experiment/game.
>>
File: Chart.jpg (76 KB, 600x351) Image search: [Google]
Chart.jpg
76 KB, 600x351
Which would you fuck?
>>
>>139217119
Easy. Hajime.
>>
>>139217119
All the female ones.
>>
File: Ikuhara Bingo.jpg (629 KB, 1280x1462) Image search: [Google]
Ikuhara Bingo.jpg
629 KB, 1280x1462
>>139203486
Maybe we can use True Tears, Ano Hana, Nagi no Asukara, Simoun, WIXOSS, M3 and Hanasaku Iroha do create her bingo card.
>>
I am still mad at Okada because Spread WIXOSS
>>
>>139217679
>what is destructed WIXOSS
>>
>>139217679
It's Nemoto's fault.
>>
>>139216422
Why is she such a disgusting whore?
>>
>>139217749
Spread with Ulith's backstory?
A film we won't get for two years?
>>
>>139217908
>『劇場版selector destructed WIXOSS』Blu-ray&DVDが8/24に発売決定しました!商品内容、特典などは順次発表いたします。お楽しみに! #selector_anime
>implying wixoss fanbase is not wealthy enough
>implying Asenshi is not based
>>
>>139217863
Someone richer than any single of us.
;_;
>>
>>139218097
I hope this talentless whore goes bankrupt,gets forced to suck dick for 500 yen.and dies of AIDS desu.
>>
>>139218178
No you don't.
>>
>>139218178
I wish I could met her in real life and make her my wife.
>>
>>139218263
I do too.
>>
>>139217372
>EVERYBODY CRIES
>LOVE TRIANGLE
>LOVE PENTAGRAMS
>COMING OF AGE
>SLUTS
>FAKE SLUTS
>WORST GIRL WINS
>BEST GIRL LOSES
>GHOSTS
>TEENAGE ANGST
>CHARACTER REDEMPTION
>SUDDENLY STUPID DECISIONS
>UNSATISFYING PATHOS
>DARK AND BROODING
>ALMOST INCEST
>OHANA MEANS FAMILY
>THIS MAKES ME ANGRY
>BAND OF MISFITS
>BAIT AND SWITCH
>FREE SPACE: MELODRAMA

I've got nothing for the last five.
>>
>>139218320
Not if I get to her first.
>>
>>139218331
Fucking perfect.
Add in a TIME SKIP.
>>
>>139218331
I would add
>NO SUBTLETY
>EVIL OUTSIDE WORLD
>NTR
>EROTIC WRITING
>WASTED POTENTIAL
>>
>>139218331
>>139218556
You're supposed to be accurate.
>>
>>139218761
>>139218761
Elaborate, anon.
>>
>>139218331
>WORST GIRL WINS
>BEST GIRL LOSES
A little less opinion might be good.
>>
>>139218331

This could just as easily be Late Night Anime Bingo as opposed to anything specific
>>
>>139218331
>>139218556
>>139218468
>>EVERYBODY CRIES
>>COMING OF AGE
>>LOVE PENTAGRAM
>>GHOSTS
>>TEENAGE ANGST
>>CHARACTER REDEMPTION
>>UNSATISFYING PATHOS
>>DARK AND BROODING
>>OHANA MEANS FAMILY
>>BAND OF MISFITS
>>NO SUBTLETY
>>TIMESKIP
>>FREE SPACE: MELODRAMA
I think these are good. They can stay. The other ones need to be more specific.
>>
>>139218944
I get it now. I have seen lots of her originals so I can tell what are her usual quirks but some of these list are accurate enough.
>>
>>139218823
>Triangle and pentagram
Same thing, also it's always the latter.
>Sluts
Please.
>Coming of age
That's not just her.
>Unsatisfying
Nope.
>Incest
Actually, it's extremely rare for her.
>Ohana
Please.
>No subtlety
Not correct.
>Evil outside world
The point is that it's about perception, the outside world is never actually bad.
>>
>>139218944

That's just a testament to her writing and how her works are. Cheesy latenight teen melodrama.
>>
>ABANDONED GIRL
This constantly happens in her series yet no one mentioned it.
>>
>>139219117
Oh fuck that's right.

Well that's another one for the bingo card.
>>
Is it gonna be single cour? It would be a shame especially how the concept and the world can be explored a lot first
>>
Anime is saved.
>>
Red best girl
Calling it now
>>
File: IT'S OKADA.gif (395 KB, 225x315) Image search: [Google]
IT'S OKADA.gif
395 KB, 225x315
>>139218331
>>139218761
>>139219035
>>139219044
>>139219143
>FREE SPACE: MELODRAMA
>TEARS WATERFALL SEQUENCES
>COMPLICATED ROMANCE POLYGONS
>SOLE ABANDONED GIRL
>CROSSDRESSED MALE CHARACTER
>HOMOEROTIC SEXUAL INNUENDOS
>DYSFUNCTIONAL FAMILY CHILDS
>MISFIT PROTAGONISTS
>NO EMOTIONAL SUBTLETLY
>THE WORLD OF OUTSIDE
>OFTEN BECOMES SOAP OPERA
>MORAL DEGENERATE TOPICS
>VIVID CHARACTER DYNAMICS
>NETORARE LIKE SITUATIONS
>INDEPENDENT OLD LADIES
>CHILDHOOD FRIENDS
>NOT ALWAYS THE SCRIPTWRITER
>EMOTIONALLY DAMAGING SERIES
>BECOMES TRAINWRECK HALFWAY
>CATHARSIS
>FUCK LOGIC DIALOGUES
>GETS HER INITIAL IDEAS CHANGED
>WIDE PANDERING BAIT
>CONTROVERSIAL TROLL ENDINGS
>SHIPPING WARS
>>
File: 1395463636046.jpg (133 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1395463636046.jpg
133 KB, 960x540
I'm honestly fine with a fucking retarded plot with typical Okada melodrama, but if I have to endure watching limbs slide around using tweening again, I'm just going to drop it after the fifth episode.

Hopefully since it isn't Imaishi or Amemiya "Only One Joke" Akira this won't be the case.
>>
>>139220628
So far there hasn't been any of that.
>>
Despite being someone who can enjoy Mari Okada, I'm more interested in the visual narrative of the series than the plot itself.
>>
File: Kiznaiver.jpg-large.jpg (106 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Kiznaiver.jpg-large.jpg
106 KB, 960x540
>>
Diamond is unbreakable.
>>
>>139223470
I too am excited to be a filthy secondary yet again
>>
>>139223470
You know it will be mosly good when Akira appears which is most likely happening in a second cour.
>>
>>139218363
>he doesn't know Okada only cares about 2D
>>
>>139225505
The ugly cunt is just deluding herself since no one would ever want to fuck her let alone spend the rest of their lives with her.
>>
File: CeZdqLOUEAA4lNG.jpg orig.jpg (29 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
CeZdqLOUEAA4lNG.jpg orig.jpg
29 KB, 300x300
>>139209906
That is certainly possible. However, I also found this merch with pins of the kiznaiver mark in both red and blue. Like those who have seen the screening have been saying, colors in this show are very deliberate; I don't think it's merely an alternate design. Of course, all we can do for now is speculate.

Sorry the image is so small.
>>
>>139225573
>implying
I'm not sure if I would fuck her, but I would provide her love and protection.
>>
>>139225678
That particular order. I wonder what it means.
>>
>>139225727
Fucking cuck,die.Love is just sex if you aren't willing to do that then sure as hell you wouldn't "love" her.
>>
Everyone who has seen lots of Okada series can tell Maki and Nico are both her self-inserts.
>>
>>139225678
This makes me wonder who will end paired by the end.
>>
>>139227397
Is this that kind of show?
>>
>>139227695
The way I see it is the series not focusing on that aspect, but shipperfags will push their agenda.
Thread replies: 241
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.