[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anti american sentiments in anime?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1457644364894.jpg (2 MB, 1169x1700) Image search: [Google]
1457644364894.jpg
2 MB, 1169x1700
So, someone in another thread, said that anime is filled with anti american sentiments, but i just dont see it. I could sorta see it in 80's and pre 80's anime, but i dont really notice it in modern series. Am i just oblivious and it it is common, or is it rather rare?
>>
Japan views Burgerstan with a strange kind of fascination that you would have for uncultured swine.
Like how you might look at, I dunno, Indians or something. You consider them lowly filth, living in squalor, but they have some interesting history and shit.
>>
>>139184136
Pretty sure they view everyone like that mate.
>>
>>139184245
Uncultured swine? Yes.
Interesting uncultured swine? No, not everyone.
>>
>>139184263
True enough. But that might just have to do with how large of a relationship we have them.
>>
what anime are you talking about in here?
>>
>>139184461
All of them
>>
>>139184136
>Japan views Burgerstan with a strange kind of fascination that you would have for uncultured swine.
Same as the rest of the world sees the US then...
>>
Japan has as much anti-American sentiments as all non-American medium

hell American media probably has more
>>
Gate had a whole episode of America trying to use underhanded methods to kill visitors from the other side of the Gate to make Japan look bad.

Young black jack goes out its way to paint America in a negative light in Vietnam. All the Americas are giant stupid gorillas and one is a CIA spy, meanwhile the Vietcong are portrayed sympathetically.

YBJ was so annoying in its depiction of that conflict that I actually stopped watching it when I saw that the next arc was going to involve racial tensions in the US. I couldn't roll my eyes any harder if I tired.
>>
>>139183699
P-please Bang Me!
>>
>>139183699
Judging by anime alone, Japan seems to both love and hate the US at the same time.
>>
>>139184872
>The unimportant fox calling the grapes sour
>>
>>139185226
>YBJ
Isn't that just yaoi bait?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.