[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hypothetical situation, /a/. Nasu plays all 3 Witcher games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1458751008061.png (294 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1458751008061.png
294 KB, 1000x1000
Hypothetical situation, /a/.

Nasu plays all 3 Witcher games and becomes enamored of the setting. He immediately gets UFOtable on the phone to create a Fate AU based on the Witcher universe.

How would you go about this? What would the AU versions of the Fate characters backstories be on the Continent?

Obviously, Saber has to be a Witcher but the rest I leave up to you.

Go.
>>
>>139174667
That sounds dumb and I would not like it.
>>
>>139174667
I think a Dark Souls or Bloodborne setting would be more likely.
>>
Sounds like shit.
>>
>>139174953
Surely you mean more like Dragon's Dogma? Souls combat wouldn't fit fateshit at all
>>
>>139174689
Are you kidding me, that actually would work pretty well.

Set the anime during the same time period as the novels ( the second war with Nilfgaard). The Fate AU characters never meet Geralt or any major characters from the books, but some events are referenced.

Have Shirou, Rin and Sakura be students from a Mage school. Their school is burned to the ground by the invading Nilfgaardians and their Scoia'tael allies. Start the anime en medias res with Shirou and the ladies fleeing through the woods and being pursued by Scoia'tael including Lancer who is an elf and a Scoia'tael commander in this version.

Of course Shirou's hero complex kicks in and he has to defend the ladies with only a tree branch and some apprentice level spells against a far more experienced and better armed opponent. This only leads to him being grievously wounded.

Witcher Saber could happen along just as the Elves are about to finish him off. She decides to try to help, because her very un-Witcherlike chivalrous nature will not allow her to sit idly by and allow innocents to be slaughtered.

The events of the fight mirror much of what happens in the Fate VNs, only this time Witcher Saber wins.

After Lancer gets away, Witcher Saber sees how bad Shirou's wound is. Rin and Sakura like him are aprentice mages and lack the skill needed to close such a serious wound. So Witcher Saber gives Shirou one of her potions, but warns him. "You're no Witcher, so this might kill you. But, right now White Raffard's Decoction is the best chance you have."

We could continue with the four of them forming a Hanse (an in universe term that literally means "nakama" or "adventuring party") to try and find other students and teachers who may have survived the massacre.
If questions come up about how there could be people with Japanese names in the Northern Kingdoms just drop some statements about them being from "an island country in the far south" that was also conquered by Nilfgaard.
>>
>>139174667
then geralt will be genderbend to death fuck your shity hack writer and series.
>>
>>139174667
Jesus, Sabre's armor is ugly even with the Witcher treatment
>>
File: 1230448081773.jpg (180 KB, 700x990) Image search: [Google]
1230448081773.jpg
180 KB, 700x990
>Ciri finds a lost colony of Witcherettes
>Geralt is everybody's daddy now
>>
>>139174667
I fucking hate you for implanting this idea in my head.

You're smashing together something I love with something I loathe. Why would you taint TW with Fate garbage?
>>
>>139175675
Would actually be a pretty good Witcher side-story.

Has basically nothing to do with Fate though.
>>
File: 1226364886749.jpg (52 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1226364886749.jpg
52 KB, 800x600
This is your King Radovid now.
>>
>>139177321
no king radovid will be some sassy loli genderbend.
>>
>>139175675
get your fanfics out of here
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.