[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 00.jpg (511 KB, 1340x980) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
511 KB, 1340x980
What went wrong?
>>
>>139087186
Not enough midriffs.
>>
File: Tsubu-Doll.jpg (89 KB, 500x655) Image search: [Google]
Tsubu-Doll.jpg
89 KB, 500x655
>>139087186
What went wrong?
>>
>generic idolshit
>fucking CG
>literally who director
>>
>>139087186

Why would a cheap looking idol anime ever get crowdfunded in the west? I know KS is full of retards but even they draw the line somewhere.
>>
The fact that it was unsuccessful is a success to me
>>
File: redman.png (248 KB, 652x624) Image search: [Google]
redman.png
248 KB, 652x624
Even as an idolfag, this looks really uninspired to me. For this kind of anime you can't just ask people to pay for it.
>>
>>139087527
They had it backwards, obsessive idolfags would spend money on idolshit, but first you have to make them care (ie. put out a product with characters for them to latch onto), not just take money upfront for an unknown.
Only time that may work is if you're doing one of those nostalgia/continuation cash-ins, and we're probably running out of viable franchises to reboot anyway, so this whole crowdfunding model can flame out and good riddance, too
>>
File: 1442888908101.gif (636 KB, 500x545) Image search: [Google]
1442888908101.gif
636 KB, 500x545
I almost feel kind of bad for Nishikiori since he has good taste in anime.
>>
>>139087843
It's also incredibly cringey. The girls tried too hard to be cute.
>>
>>139087843

>so this whole crowdfunding model can flame out and good riddance, too

Why would you want the crowdfunding idea itself to go away? It's the perfect way to get something to fans that higher ups don't think are viable. The whole concept has the potential to bring great works to us that we'd otherwise never get, even if some things are shit on it.
>>
>>139087186
Hahaha. I felt bad for those who have pledged.
>>
>>139088476
I started losing faith in Kickstarter after big name people tried to get easy money off it.

MN9 is the best recent example.
>>
>>139087186
Awful CG animation.
>>
>>139087186
Now if it wasn't CG and the girls were secret agents disguised as idols, then you got an interesting premise
>>
The complete lack of response proves no one cared for this project
>>
>>139087186
>Idolshit
People is giving money to sunrise with love live or Bamco with idolmaster.
>>
>>139087186
They tried crowdfunding without getting Kojima to say "might be cool"
>>
>>139087186
>meh cgi
>tier rewards are absolute garbage
>>
>>139087186
>CG
>horrible CG at that
>trying to cater to Western audiences with fucking idols
>no meme director/studio behind it

The whole thing was like an experiment on how wrong could you go.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.