[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
kumo desu ga
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: kumo desu ga.jpg (20 KB, 200x314) Image search: [Google]
kumo desu ga.jpg
20 KB, 200x314
So what's /a/'s opinion about "girl reincarnating in a fantasy world as a spider and slowly ascending to godhood?"

IMO it's the best iteration of the fantasy reincarnation sub-genre.
>>
>>139086379
its the best but its still shit. i liked the twist really didnt see it coming.
>>
>>139086379
Too few chapters of the manga out to comment.

And fuck me, I won't degrade myself and read machine translation bullshit.
>>
>>139086379
>ascending to godhood

Worst development. It was much better when every day was spent trying to survive.
>>
>>139086379
>girl reincarnating in a fantasy world as a spider
You mean spider that happens to be in the classroom reincarnate as a spider in a fantasy world except the administrator gives her her own memories for lulz, right?
>>
File: ak4P8gq.jpg (427 KB, 1916x714) Image search: [Google]
ak4P8gq.jpg
427 KB, 1916x714
>>139086379
It started first very strong and I really got attached to Kumoko and her kumorning-star.
Then the author decided to go the generic route, which isnt wrong by any means as a lot of people like that. But I did not start reading for harem and SOL hijinks.
>>
File: 1399703996285.jpg (477 KB, 946x1435) Image search: [Google]
1399703996285.jpg
477 KB, 946x1435
>>139086379
It's a shitty oversaturated genre, but this one has had the best progression. MCs asides and train of thought are better too. The manga artist really knows how to use body language. Thank god it's biweekly.
>>
>>139087147
>harem

what? I don't think Kumo at any point qualifies as a harem.
>>
>>139087256
The side story that the author is trying to tie it up with and at the end the very Kumoko storyline is being dragged into your everyday LN storyplot.
>>
>>139087317
Except it's really not. Kumoko isn't going to the standard isekai harem plot. The faggot is gonna get a bad end. That is heavily foreshadowed. Also the plot hasn't had anything to do with him for a while. He barely has an impact on the plot desu senpai.
>>
>>139087695
Well I actually wished for that too, but then the real "Demon Lord" happened and anything outside Kumoko's storyline painfully reeks of unoriginal LN. It maybe is not going the Isekai harem plot, but it IS going the Highschool DxD side, the villain side that is.

That and this is my personal opinion, but one of the things that really felt like the author trying to expose how powerful the good guys are but came out as a bit annoying was the sensei which feels like a really "In your face" charater and the "MC" 's sheer LN behavior.

That and any of the villains that aren't Kumoko are really hard to even care about, specially the so called Demon Lord.
>>
>>139087923
Did I also mention the MC's friends and even the Duke/school friend? Yeah, not exactly how good it will be when Kumoko gets inserted into that world but I really loved the surviving Kumo more than the one we got at the end.

In resume, Kumoko a best and waifu material. Shiro a shit.
>>
>>139086379
The traslator got bored and left after doing the Oni arc, and then it got picked up someone who doesn't even speak English, so the ride is over.
>>
>>139088154
90% of the chapters have absolutely garbage confusing translations, anon.
>>
>>139088154
Are you seriously saying turb0's translations is better than anything?
>>
>>139088586
At least you can actually read it. They other guys is literally doing a just fuck my shit up on the English language.
>>
File: 129595l.jpg (83 KB, 338x500) Image search: [Google]
129595l.jpg
83 KB, 338x500
This is the only one of these series I'm reading now.

It's basically One Punch Man in a fantasy setting.
>>
>>139088674
You're kidding.
>>
>>139088762
How good is it exactly?
>>
>>139088968

It's not earth shattering but it's fun.

Art is very simplistic.
>>
>>139088762
>One Punch Man in a fantasy setting.

no that's Kansustoppu

but that series is good too
>>
need to catch up on that series
>>
File: alaba.png (756 KB, 612x768) Image search: [Google]
alaba.png
756 KB, 612x768
>>139086379
I quite enjoyed it. The author seems to care about her characters to the point that nearly everyone named has some arc to them. Nearly every POV has a distinct voice and situation, and the main character is quite an enjoyable monster. On top of that, the story is very well plotted. The only thing really holding back this series from taking off in /a/ is the lack of proofreading in turb0's chapters.

Hopefully the author comes off her hiatus in the next month.
>>
>>139086379
probably the most solid one.
but still, i enjoyed mushoku tensei more
>>
>>139086747
I think that actually helped the series. Now we get to see Kumoko interacting with others, rather than just herself with some fight scenes. Oni vs Oni was the best fight in the series so far.
>>
Is Spiderman around? New chapter of the Kumoko manga got translated and needs typeset.

http://desustorage.org/a/thread/139052942/
>>
Loved it, waiting for updates is hell. Its good to be part of the moon reading master-race.
>>
We had one of these isekai threads a few days ago. While it introduced me to Hero Union BSS, which was great until it ended, it also mentioned something called Makusho Tensei or something. The one where the guy is reincarnated into a boy named Rudy. So I tried a few chapters.

What the fuck.

>Somehow, the spineless NEET suddenly becomes brave as fuck when he's Rudy
>Knows magic at a greater degree than his mother, and swords fighting equal to his father at fucking 12
>Sees underage elf girl pussy without even realizing it
>Somehow grows a backbone made of steel whenever he stands up to anyone
>His father got his maid pregnant and he fucking managed to save his ass

There's having an unfair advantage due to 32 years of life experience in a child's body, and then there's this. I mean holy hell, by the end of these light novels this fucker will have surpassed Kirito as Marty Stu extreme.

Are there any reincarnation stories that don't try to ape this whole overpowered route?
>>
>>139093201
>backbone made of steel
No, he continues to b a coward for all the story.
a bunch of bully kids are not a threat.
>>
File: kumo desu ga.jpg (56 KB, 437x441) Image search: [Google]
kumo desu ga.jpg
56 KB, 437x441
>>139086379
I think it made a dive the moment she broke the system.
It had been enjoyable and had a sense of progress.
Now it's just "IDGAF, I'm stronger than everyone, let's play rusing a bit. Drop surveillance everywhere and spatial for myself."
>>
>>139093430
So he's an overpowered coward. Point stands.

And rhymes, too.
>>
>>139093436
I think that sense of progress has gone to the new PoV characters. Kumoko hasn't developed much as a character yet (sure, she's gotten more powerful, but she's still shy as fuck). Most of her progression will probably focus on opening up to others later on. Also, she's powerful, but still kept in check by Kuro/D.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.