[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't believe I passed over Dungeon Meshi multiple times
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 015[1].png (512 KB, 1038x1500) Image search: [Google]
015[1].png
512 KB, 1038x1500
I can't believe I passed over Dungeon Meshi multiple times before finally reading it, this is great.

I like all the characters, amazingly, and Kiki (or Kaka, whichever's which) is too good for this world.

I really hope this doesn't go the same way a lot of popular comedy manga do, which is turn into boring action packed shounen after the author runs out of gags but wants to keep the money flowing. I really like his world-building style, the way he goes about it. Perfectly paced in good intervals with character development, even if the manga's actual pacing is a little slow.

Do you think there are other dungeons out there or is this the only one? I don't think they've ever mentioned another, and they seem to talk about this like it's one of a kind.
>>
I think the concept is restrained enough that it doesn't need to rely on character drama. If it wants to escalate things further it just needs weirder dungeons and bigger things to eat.

It does deserve to just use whatever ideas it has and tie them up before it gets stale.

More importantly, where's my video game.
>>
>>139031605

Nethack or elona i guess
>>
>>139031232
>I really hope this doesn't go the same way a lot of popular comedy manga do
Maybe you should read some of her other manga.
>>
>>139031232
Hopefully the anime will live up to it.
>>
File: img000021.png (919 KB, 1125x1600) Image search: [Google]
img000021.png
919 KB, 1125x1600
>>139031232
It's really cute, and I love that the story is just a simple A to B one, because those tend to be the best. Too many manga and anime try to be drastically different or too convoluted in an attempt to stand out, but all they really end up succeeding at is ruining their concept. I really hope they end the story after the dragon is defeated and the sister is saved, because I'd hate to see the manga ruined by needlessly dragging out the story for more shekels. Unless the author has a great idea to extend the story more (hopefully not a "your princess is in another castle" type scenario), then it should be short and sweet.

Also the elf girl is adorable and makes for some great reaction images.

>>139032658
They're making an anime already?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.