[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11
File: Misty.jpg (70 KB, 640x530) Image search: [Google]
Misty.jpg
70 KB, 640x530
>underagefags will never know a time when the Pokemon anime was actually good
>They will never know best girl and best ship (Poke)
>They will never know that there was actually supposed to be a conclusion to this fucking thing and it was going to be its own legitimate anime until corporate greed fucked it over when new gens happened and it became just one-long running advertisement!
>>
Top notch girls.
>>
Or they could, because you know, it's not exactly impossible to download and watch an anime from the late 90s. Also the current ongoing Pokemon anime is not too bad either to be perfectly honest, and this is coming from someone who watched the original anime as a kid and is thus biased towards it.
>>
u did have your board right?
>>
When did it start getting bad? I marathoned the whole first season when it first hit netflix and had a good time all the way through.
>>
>>139030766
>Misty being replaced with a knock-off retconned cliched "child-hood friend."
>"Not that bad"

Yeah no.
>>
>>>/vp/
Fuck off, these shitty Pokemon threads are nothing but shippingfaggotry.
>>
>>139030819
Johto was the beginning of the end, that's when there was apparently some real huge internal disputes going on at the studio, which caused the original director Shudo to eventually leave because he hated the corporate b.s. that was wanting to take the series down the road of just being an advertisement for the games.
>>
>>139030827
The animation quality is far better than the original series, there's plenty of hot girls and it's entertaining to watch. If pretending you're some kind of super wise anime expert because you only like the original series makes you happy, go ahead and be upset, but I personally enjoy both.
>>
>>139030635
>early pokemon
>good anime

wew lad, enjoy your (You)
>>
>>139030635
>Pokeshipping is best shipping
>Implying a cliched tsundere ship can be the best at anything.

NOPE! It was shit just like Misty, literally just a rip-off of all the bullshit Rumiko Takahashi romances that were popular in the 90's. Misty is just a younger version of Akane herself!
>>
>>139030884
>>139030891
Genwunners truly are insufferable aren't they?
>>
>>139030965
>Applying game fandom terminology to the anime.
>>
>>139030635
>best ship

Wasn't that all 4kids invented anyways and there was no evidence whatsoever of Misty liking Ash that way in the original? I think Serena's the first girl in the series who's ACTUALLY shown romantic interest in Ketchum.
>>
Why is Misty made of pure sex? Why is she best waifu in the series?
>>
>>139030635
Except XY is pretty decent.

>>139031025
>I think Serena's the first girl in the series who's ACTUALLY shown romantic interest in Ketchum.
She's the first travelling companion to have a canon crush on Ash but she's not the first girl: a number of characters-of-the-day and movie characters did too. I think one of the Frontier Brains had the hots for Ash as well.
>>
>>139030965
Meh, I liked Gen one, but the early anime was complete trash. We jumped the shark in season one when Pikachu beat Onyx and that continued until XY brought some sanity back.
>>
>>139031160
>Implying the anime has to follow the games mechanics perfectly to the T in order to be good!
>>
>>139031121
No fuck you! I'm tired of bitter Amourshitters saying shit like "Serena was the first Pokegirl to have a crush" and discrediting Pokeshipping! Misty's crush existed in the Japanese version too, Movie 2 and the Orange Islands season still happened and there's documented evidence that back when they were planning to end the series, Ash was supposed to marry Misty in the future and have a daughter with her, fuck you newfags do your fucking research!
>>
>>139031205
no, but you still have to follow core mechanics, I don't expect pokemon to just stand there and trade attacks with 95% hit rates, but I do expect a Pikachu with what? Tackle/Quick Attack/Thundershock to get fucking crushed by Onyx 100% of the time.
>>
File: 1444545262868.jpg (29 KB, 279x304) Image search: [Google]
1444545262868.jpg
29 KB, 279x304
>>139031254
>there's documented evidence that back when they were planning to end the series, Ash was supposed to marry Misty in the future and have a daughter with her
>he actually still believes this made-up reddit bullshit
>>
Shipping ruined /vp/ and /padt/.

>>139031608
You do realize he's trolling, right?
>>
>>139031608
>"Made up."

Go look up "original early Pokemon movie 1 trailer" and "Ash and Misty's daughter" on Google and see what you'll find. It exists, stop fucking living in denial Amourshitter!

Serena a shit too and has no personality btw.
>>
>>139031811
http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/movies/pm_mewtwo/mewtwo_strikes_back_the_first_trailer.html

>Now what about that little girl? We don't really know. If I had to guess, I would say she's an animated representation of Ihata Juri, the little girl who sings with Ms. Kobayashi in both Pocket ni Fantasy and Kaze to Issho ni. Juri was ten years old in 1998, and this girl could pass for ten, right? Some other theories floating around out there is that this is Satoshi's and Kasumi's daughter, but that idea's too insane for me to spend the time explaining why that's most certainly not the case.

>The inclusion of Kasumi is weird, as is her sudden grown-up appearance. I dunno, maybe they thought the TV show was going to do a time skip by the time the movie came out to help promote the upcoming Gold & Silver games? The sequels to Red & Green were still very early in development, of course, but I'm sure the fact that it was going to take place several years after the first games had already been decided. That's really the only thing I've got. I also think it's worth pointing out that Kasumi doesn't have her Togepi with her, so make of that what you will.

>Some people believe that this trailer is meant to be showing the conclusion of the series, but I don't buy that at all. Iwane Masaaki stated that the first series was originally planned to last a year and a half, and since it started in April 1997 that would have put the end date at October 1998 (assuming the Pokemon Shock incident had never taken place, that is). This trailer probably aired in the first four months of 1998 so they still had like half the series to go. It was way, way too early to start promoting the end, especially since the decision to extend it had probably already been made by the time this trailer was created.

Dogasu, who actually knows Japanese and watches the Japanese movies, confirms that "that girl is Ash's daughter" is nothing more than speculation

Checkmate.
>>
>>139031160
>>139031397
>We jumped the shark in season one when Pikachu beat Onyx
>but you still have to follow core mechanics
Words alone cannot even begin to describe exactly how stupid you are. Like damn, this is one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen.
>>
File: 50682996_p0.jpg (1 MB, 1156x1416) Image search: [Google]
50682996_p0.jpg
1 MB, 1156x1416
I'll tell you what though, you're pretty dedicated to make daily threads for your shit tier waifu and shit tier anime. Comes with being a retarded nostalgiafag I suppose.
>>
>>139031967
You checkmate is just someone's opinion.
>>
>>139030635
Why did you make this thread here too? Are you really that desperate for (You)s?
>>>/vp/25695861
>>
>>139032012
>Coming from the words of an Amourshitter and Serenafag
>Oh the irony!
>>
File: look kids we are cool too.jpg (78 KB, 640x720) Image search: [Google]
look kids we are cool too.jpg
78 KB, 640x720
is this the equivalent of going through a midlife crisis?
>>
>>139032050
I forgot about /vp/ so when anons reminded me that place still exists I decided to take their advice and post the thread there.
>>
>>139032012
>still no doujins of her getting gang banged with NTR themes
>still no doujins of her getting raped in general

why live?
>>
>>139030635
>>underagefags will never know a time when the Pokemon anime was actually good
Never?

Hell, while I stopped watching decades ago, from what I've seen it's currently better than it's ever been.
>>
>>139032072
My god the new anime is shit.
>>
>>139032129
I would pay good money to see a doujin of Misty NTRing the shit out of Serena!
>>
File: 1395440914798.jpg (87 KB, 450x500) Image search: [Google]
1395440914798.jpg
87 KB, 450x500
>>139032059
>just because I like serena means im a amourfag
wew lad triggered much?

And I'm more of a Dawnfag really.

>>139032129
Pokemon is severely lacking in the good doujins department for whatever reason even though it's been 20 fucking years.
>>
File: 1434917534894.jpg (477 KB, 1200x1695) Image search: [Google]
1434917534894.jpg
477 KB, 1200x1695
>>139032129
>>
>>139032510
Pls tell me that's Ash doing the raping over there!
>>
>>139032607
but then it wouldn't be delicious NTR
>>
>>139032670
Yes it would, it would NTR Serena who deserves it.
>>
File: 1426691006709.jpg (652 KB, 1123x1600) Image search: [Google]
1426691006709.jpg
652 KB, 1123x1600
Best doujin.
>>
>>139032723
I would rather see Serena getting DP'd and mindbroken than that
>>
>>139030827
>Mistyfag victim complex
Misty was replaced with May. Fourteen (14) years ago. Get over your dubbie boner for her.
>>
>>139033934
>Not being butthurt over best girl leaving

Its like you have shit taste or something! And no I watched all of the OS in Japanese, Misty's still best girl even there, hell she's even better!
>>
>>139032036
And your made-up fanon is better than speculation based on the actual facts, right? Genwunners are delusional.
>>
>>139034072
I had nothing to do with the conversation, just pointing it out.

Gen 1 is the best, after all.
>>
Who was singing Dori Dori in the latest episode? It was shit.
>>
>>139034072
STOP. APPLYING. GAME. TERMINOLOGY. TO. THE ANIMEEEEEEEE! REEEEEEEE I MAD NOW!!!!
>>
>>139030635
>underagefags will never know a time when the Pokemon anime was actually good
This never actually happened.
>They will never know best girl and best ship (Poke)
"no"
>They will never know that there was actually supposed to be a conclusion to this fucking thing and it was going to be its own legitimate anime until corporate greed fucked it over when new gens happened and it became just one-long running advertisement!
well, what else is it gonna be?

>>139030855
Sure, it's about the only thing worthwhile about the Pokemon anime.
>>
>>139030819
Last stretches of Johto, to the end of Hoenn is bad to me , Gets better with early diamond and pearl, GETS MUCH BETTER NEAR THE END, stays pretty good until mid to late Black/white and then goes to total shit until XY which is currently much better than anything besides kanto.
>>
>>139034191
Serena.

>>139036530
This is pretty much spot on, but I disagree with Hoenn being bad, really.
>>
>tfw born '97 but my country is about 10 years behind and family was poor so I got to live out the 90s
>>
Sorry but Sinnoh and Kalos are better than first season
>>
>>139037450
I can see why someone would say Kalos is better, but Sinnoh dragged on and on way too much, and Contests really didn't help anything.
>>
File: 001.jpg (173 KB, 1200x842) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
173 KB, 1200x842
>>139032783
nope.
>>
>>139030635
>Misty: I hate bug pokemon because they are gross

Then she meets a girl with a legitimate reason to be afraid of water of pokemon but tries her best to heal them.

>Misty: Fuck you why are discriminating pokemon? I HATE YOU

Said girl gets over her fear and accepts water pokemon

>Misty: See discrimination is bad but yea fuck bug pokemon

Misty a shit I bet she as a Tumblr account
>>
>>139037952
Thay was shit, there wasn't even any pokemon.
>>
File: 1.jpg (191 KB, 1000x1444) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
191 KB, 1000x1444
>>139037952
That was fucking weird.

Anyway, They've both been surpassed by the the Chibikko Bitch doujins, pretty much anything by MakotoSkip though his Serena series isn't too great, and pic related.
>>
>>139038553
I forgot that bitch hated bug-type pokemon.
What a cunt.
>>
You realize Kasumi is the least popular girl in Japan right? Only Americans like her due to dub nostalgia and crap like that music CD that has a love song from her to Satoshi. This is pretty much Pokemon equivalent of Taichi and Sora for digidubfags.
>>
File: 1458648166945.jpg (21 KB, 425x464) Image search: [Google]
1458648166945.jpg
21 KB, 425x464
>there are plebs who hate Misty because she was "a bitch to Ash", instead preferring a polite, bland, inoffensive character like Serena
>there are plebs who don't like having a fiery tsundere waifu

Misty is the best girl, and those who like MUH SERENA, MUH DAWN are just 1998+ children who started with DP and grew up during the Bieber iPhone Hannah montana era
>>
File: lorelei.jpg (63 KB, 640x870) Image search: [Google]
lorelei.jpg
63 KB, 640x870
>there are "men" on 4chan with such low self-esteem, they are intimidated by nice girls
Nah, she was just a loud, annoying brat and I didn't really care much when she left. She is literally in the same position as female characters like Sakura of Naruto: main female character who became overglorified babby's first fap material.

The other main girls may not be much better in that regard but I liked how they were written to actively follow their own dreams rather than just tail behind Ash. Misty had a half-assed dream of being water trainer #1 so people only care about her relationship with Ash, which is shippershit I didn't give a damn about as a kid and don't care about now. I watched Pokemon for Pokemon. I don't watch anymore and Serena seems cute but looks like blatant shipper fuel going on.

Still the series did/does have a lot of honeys, I got that.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.