[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could I make money by being in a Shonen anime and just screaming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Could I make money by being in a Shonen anime and just screaming for all my lines?
>>
>>139000176
The over-exaggerated voice modulation-like screaming throughout Z was solely a product of the awful English dub.
>>
Has anyone seen the german Sailor Moon dub? It's fucking hilarious
>>
>>139000637
I bet they sound angry all the time.
>>
>>139000677
That's Germans 24/7. They only get joy when they are working
Source- the girl I dated
>>
super10 is out on ms
>>
How does one grt into anime voice acting anyway?
>>
>>139000677
No they sound like they are getting raped, they scream a lot
>>
>>139000892
I'm sure you can do it since they only have like 5 people doing every role
>>
>>139000892
Generally you'd want to be in Texas (for the non-union stuff) or LA (for the union work). Talent generally want to cultivate a relationship with the casting houses in charge of the projects to get a foot in the door. Then it's down to your ability to match lip flaps and get through the dubbing session efficiently to keep costs down. If you can do that well you can become a regular.

Anime dub VA's aren't paid very much in comparison to almost every other facet of the industry and it's not going to get better (production houses know that if it comes down to it they can get cheap labor from anime fans who are willing to do the work for figurative peanuts).
>>
>>139002289
Well that's out of the question then, since I'm from Va and didn't intend for it to be my main goal in life.
>>
you'd make more money selling anime merchandise
>>
>>139000677

Nope.

German dub of Dragonball for example is super laid back.

Its nowhere near as serious as the English one.
>>
File: 032.jpg (289 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
032.jpg
289 KB, 1024x1536
>>139000420
The manga is filled with screaming
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.