[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Try and convince me that this isn't the best fight in Dragon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 11
File: Goku vs Jackie Chun.png (532 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Goku vs Jackie Chun.png
532 KB, 640x480
Try and convince me that this isn't the best fight in Dragon Ball.
>>
>>138984176
Goku vs Frieza and Goku vs Piccolo exist.
Wasn't too hard.
>>
Goku vs Frieza was better.
>>
>>138984231
>Goku vs Piccolo
I can see Goku vs Freeza, but seriously Piccolo?
Goku vs Krillin and Tien vs Goku are both better picks than that
>>
>>138984261
>but seriously Piccolo?
Yeah.

>Goku vs Krillin and Tien vs Goku are both better picks than that
Not really, re watch the fight.
>>
>>138984312

Piccolo was the fight that started the series habit of spending like 6 episodes fighting one dude
>>
>>138984312
damn that webm makes piccolo look like a bitch
>>
>>138984176
It is

https://youtu.be/K8JwUGR9Sok
>>
>>138984312
I miss the days when Piccolo was worth something. He probably still would be if Toriyama didn't keep Vegeta around.
>>
>>138984261
>Tien vs Goku
>Tien

Also, that fucking truck bullshit at the end.
>>
>>138984312
>tfw this fight had better animation than Dragon Ball Super is sometimes doing
>>
>>138984416
>>138984261
Tenshinhan vs Goku had all the potential to be the best fight, but it resulted in Goku dominating Tenshinhan until he had some sort of gimmick, like the growing extra arms, which Goku would be able to effortlessly counter
>>
>>138984402
I find it hard to believe that Piccolo could be kept relevant, unless you were able to find another powerful Namekian for him to absorb
>>138984418
>Sometimes
>>
>>138984231
Goku vs Piccolo isn't as good because you already knew Goku was going to win, as he had to live, whereas Goku vs Tenshinhan, Tenshinhan vs Jackie Chun and Goku vs Jackie Chun it was unclear who would win, as they had to follow tournament rules
>>
>>138984570
>Goku vs Piccolo isn't as good because you already knew Goku was going to win
Stupid reason also you just described pretty much every fight involving the main character in any form of fiction ever.
>>
>>138984544
Just pull some bullshit ancient Namekian thing out. It's fiction. It's not as if Super Saiyan God isn't a total asspull, or even Super Saiyan 2 and 3 or Gohan's Kai power-up.
>>
>>138984625
Not true, as I just gave 2 examples of Goku losing the fight, and he's lot other times as well, such as against Cell
>>
File: You keep using that word.jpg (78 KB, 625x625) Image search: [Google]
You keep using that word.jpg
78 KB, 625x625
>>138984642
>asspull
>>
>>138984672
You really don't think Super Saiyan God is total bullshit? Or that Dragon Ball hasn't been filled with bullshit since forever? Goku's big boost before fighting King Piccolo being an early example.
>>
Goku vs Vegeta is a million times better
>>
>>138984763
>Super Saiyan God
SSG kicks off the entire plot of BoG without it Beerus doesn't come to Earth and there's no story. So it's not an asspull retard, learn how to use google.
>>
>>138984824
Which one
>>
>>138984863
But the way it's attained certainly feels like one. Which is my point.

It's an asspull. It was a lazy, easy way of introducing another big power boost. Just like many things in DB before it. Get over it.
>>
>>138984957
>But the way it's attained certainly feels like one.
No it doesn't retard fuck off.
What you don't like=/=asspull
>>
>>138984997
No. Because you're wrong, baby girl.
>>
>>138984997
It's as asspully as it can possibly get you dense retard
>>
Dragonball is garbage. Yes that includes Z super and GT.
Fuck off.
>>
>>138985075
>>138985104
Fucking retards

"An Asspull is a moment when the writers pull something out of thin air in a less-than-graceful narrative development, violating the Law of Conservation of Detail by dropping a plot-critical detail in the middle, or near the end of their narrative without Foreshadowing or dropping a Chekhov's Gun earlier on."
>>
>>138985273
Sounds appropriate to me.
>>
>>138985340
>ropping a plot-critical detail in the middle, or near the end of their narrative without Foreshadowing
>middle
>near the end of their narrative
>without Foreshadowing
and you sound like a retard.
>>
I've been thinking, of SSJ2 was twice as strong as SSJ, that means that Teen Gohan was twice as strong as Goku right? Assuming that SSJ2 Gohan was around equal with Super Perfect Cell, that means he was twice as strong as Perfect Cell, he was around twice as strong as Goku
>>
>>138985382
Gohan was stronger than Goku even before he went Super Saiyan 2, and when he beat Cell he was at half power. SS2 being a 2x multiplier is a stupid made up idea that doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>138985461
>When he bet Cell he was at half power
Right, but he got his ass kicked by Super Perfect Cell before the beam struggle, which he barely won because of Vegeta. When I say twice as strong, I mean comparing them both in their SSJ form
>>
>>138985369
Nah.
>>
>>138985535

He never fought against Super Perfect Cell "before the beam struggle".

That was their only action after he returned.

He beat Super Perfect Cell with half his Chi and one arm missing in the Kamehameha match.
>>
File: gimg013.jpg (217 KB, 865x1300) Image search: [Google]
gimg013.jpg
217 KB, 865x1300
>>138984176
I will say, the charm to this fight is not only the fact that it's really interesting to see all the ways Roshi counters Gokus natural abilities, the last time Goku turns into a great ape, and the fact that they finish it with that kick.

The whole "the only way to win is to stand up, smile, and say "yep I won!" is the most dragonball thing ever. It's so silly and yet so intense to watch Goku and Roshi struggle to their feet.
>>
>>138985855
Cell was toying with him during the beam struggle, and Gohan only ever got the advantage when Cell was distratced
>>
File: still 1 hp.png (189 KB, 677x677) Image search: [Google]
still 1 hp.png
189 KB, 677x677
Vegeta's fight is the best. So many twists, Krillin Gohan and Yajirobe saving the day, Vegeta losing because Goku bluffed him with Kaioken without even trying to bluff him
>>
>>138986153
Vegeta just would not die. He was one of the few fights that they could only defeat through a team effort (Him and Raditz.) Everyone else, with the exception of minor assists, was basically one on one.
>>
If you count against Freeza from his first form through to his fourth as one huge battle then I would give it to Piccolo/Vegeta/Gohan/Krillin/Goku vs Freeza
>>
File: hyper oats.png (701 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hyper oats.png
701 KB, 1280x720
>>138986226
>mfw Krillin BTFOs Freeza 2nd form despite being dozens of times weaker
>>
>>138984625

In main fights? Goku lost EVERY main battle aside from Frieza.

He lost vs Raditz by dying.
He stalemated against Nappa until he got a cheap shot in, since Vegeta totally admitted at his current level, Nappa was enough to mudsling Goku, hence why the Kaioken was so important.
He lost vs Captain Ginyu.
He lost his 1 vs 1 with Frieza and relied on his friends to get the spirit bomb off, which means he couldn't have done it alone.
He then beat Frieza in SSJ.
He lost vs 19.
He lost vs Cell.
He lost vs Vegeta.
He lost vs Fat Buu (planned retreat but he went retard and assumed kids could do it)
He couldn't even touch Super Buutenks.
He lost twice to Kid Buu.

Infact in Z, the only straight up wins he had were the Ginyu Force and Yakkon. Both were disposable mooks who were there to just show how much he had improved.
>>
>>138986280
Is his tail growing back in his fourth form a plot hole or just a feature of the transformation? Seems strange to get angry about it if it can just come back like that
>>
>>138986298
It grew back in 3rd.

Each form healed the previous damage. Pretty sure that was mentioned as a thing.
>>
>>138986298
It's the insult of it. It's like a bird shitting on your car. You can clean it easily, but fuck that weak ass bird for fucking shitting on my car and then leaving
>>
>>138986295
>He stalemated against Nappa until he got a cheap shot in, since Vegeta totally admitted at his current level, Nappa was enough to mudsling Goku, hence why the Kaioken was so important.
No
Nappa tried to get a cheap shot and Goku deflected it, Vegeta admitted he underestimated Goku

>He lost vs 19.
was sick

>He lost vs Vegeta.
Both fighters agreed to stop fighting to take on Buu, Vegeta sucker punched him to get the first seat.

>He lost vs Fat Buu (planned retreat but he went retard and assumed kids could do it)
No he didn't. He went there to win some time, which he accomplished. He didn't want to go all out which could destroy the Earth, but he could've destroyed Buu and chose not to.

>He couldn't even touch Super Buutenks.
He didn't fight him, that's a filler.

>He lost twice to Kid Buu.
He only fights him once unless you're referring to the planet destruction, but he'd have probably tanked that one (Freezer did)
>>
>>138986392
Why didn't he go back into his 3rd form against Goku to heal, then back to his 4th then? :^)
>>
>>138986416
It was never mentionned he heals. Maybe the damages inflicted to inferior forms are overriden by the power added when he transforms to a superior stade or something
>>
>>138986295
I will give you all of those except Nappa. Goku beat Nappa up and down that battlefield, struck Nappa hard in the back, and left him a sniveling wreck at Vegeta's feet. That was definitely Goku's victory.
>>
>>138986295
2 villains got beat by team efforts, one was beaten by Goku and the other by his son. The rest were mooks Goku easily destroys
>>
>>138986535
>one was beaten by goku
Which one?
Raditz was beaten by piccolo.
>>
>>138986624
Frieza I assume.
>>
>>138986624
Freeza
>>
>>138984667
>>138986295
Nice reading comprehension dumbasses
>>
>>138984176
>Goku VS Piccolo
>Goku VS Tenshinhan
>Goku VS Vegeta
>Goku VS Freezer
It's a nice one but there's better.
>>
>>138984231
Goku vs Vegeta exists. Nothing else compares
>>
>>138986629
>>138986638
Would you consider Freeza a team effort? I mean, by the time he had entered final form, he had almost no evidence of having been in a fight prior to that anyway. He immediately wrecks Vegeta and from that point on Goku just 1v1ed him.
>>
>>138986974
You could argue the Genkidama (a team effort) weakened him, but Goku was weakened too when he turned SSJ, if they were both fresh I think SSJ Goku would win.

I'd consider it a win for Goku, the team effort was only here for the build-up because otherwise the fight would have zero tension
>>
>>138987035

Except that the Genki Dama was the only reason Goku got as far as SSJ. Frieza was aiming to outright kill him after the 20x Kaioken attack failed.
>>
>>138986747
Goku vs Tenshinhan isn't that great and you know it
>>
>>138987065
He needed assists to get his upgrade, but once he got it he fucked up Freeza in a fair fight
>>
>>138987035
Actually remembering back, Piccolo DID stall freeza while Goku charged the Genki Dama. Not that Piccolo got any real damage off of Freeza, but had he not been there Goku probably wouldn't have gotten it off.

That said he just borrowed power from the surrounding planets, not from any of his friends Fighting Buu is the only time Goku actually had energy given to his Genkidama willingly.
>>
>>138984176
It clearly is.

>>138984392
muh dick

old Dragonball had the best atmosphere

>>138984416
>that fucking truck bullshit at the end.

This. I'm still mad.
>>
>>138984416
>>138987254
Goku didn't seem to mad about that truck. In fact, I'm sure when Krillin gets back with Goku's Nyoibo, they'll all have a big laugh about it.
>>
4 ways to make Tenshinhan vs Goku the best fight in the series
1. Start the battle completley even
2. Have Tenshinhan win out in their little After Image battle
3. Cut out Goku growing an extra 6 arms
4. Better ending
>>
>>138987481
>cut out Goku growing an extra 6 arms
But that scene was a use of Goku's ability to learn techniques that he's only seen once. In this context he's copying King Chapa's arm movements.
>>
>>138984336
Goku vs Roshi and Goku vs Tien weren't exactly short either, 2-3 episodes IIRC
>>
>>138987634
Yeah, and it made him too powerful, Tenshinhan needed some sort of advantage. The best fights all come when two characters are very even in power
>>
>>138987639
2-3 and 6 are very different, with those fights they usually began near the end of 1 episode, had the bulk of it in another episode, then had some sort of finale in the first half of another, with Goku vs Piccolo is just dragged on
>>
>>138987725
Tenshinhan did get some pretty good hits in though. The Vollyball technique,a point blank dodonpa, Pinned Goku to a wall with machine-gun punches, he got quite a few good blows in with his 4 arm-technique as well as all those blows he got when Chaozu was cheating for him. It wasn't NEARLY as one sided as the Tao Pai Pai fight.
>>
>>138987748
Well it was the final battle of Dragonball era. It would make sense it's the longest battle, especially from an animator point of view.
>>
>>138984176
nah, it was too much of "This is my secret technique" "Hah, i can beat that, this is MY secret technique" "Too bad, i can beat that as well, now this is my second secret technique!" etc., toriyama didn't know quite well how to properly pace a tournament fight back then. Almost all the fights in the second tournament were better, especially goku vs krillin
>>
>>138988035
>all those blows he got when Chaozu was cheating for him
>cheating for him
That's not a very balanced fight
>>
>>138988134
That's not what we're arguing. He said "Tenshinhan needed some sort of advantage". Cheating or not, that was an advantage.
>>
>>138985273
SSG definitely fits this description when you take into consideration the fucking years of story and world building we've had to squeeze in any mention of an all powerful destroyer god who apparently every cunt knows of.

It is an absolute ass pull to have a fucking magical ritual to grant Saiyans a god like power when the entire time they had been training to obtain strength for the most part.

That's after we also overlook the super-duper fucking asspull bullshit of just having the right amount of saiyans present for the ritual to work.

>TL;DR

fuck outta here if you think Super isn't Asspull horseshit.
>>
>>138988371
So is the Water Korin gave Goku so that he'd be strong enough to fight Piccolo. That shit came out of nowhere. "Oh yeah, I happen to have this vase of magic poison that makes you 10 times stronger if it doesn't kill you.
>>
>>138988067
This, it's like how DIO's World in Stardust Crusaders is twice as long as any other fight, in both the manga and the anime.
>>
File: x0pvhx.jpg (24 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
x0pvhx.jpg
24 KB, 512x288
>>138988371

No it doesn't. You are so ass blasted that someone challenged your stance that you are typing up nonsense.

>any mention of an all powerful destroyer god who apparently every cunt knows of.

Gee retard did you forget when Whis put Beerus to sleep for 3 years casually? The only thing that matters in DBZ is the Earth. If someone is directly threatening the planet, then everyone will react and focus all their time on and resources on it. Otherwise everything that happens to other planets is none of the concern of the DBZ cast.

The Kai's main priority was Majin Buu and so why would they ever bring up Beerus in a conversation? Think and use that little brain of yours.

>It is an absolute ass pull to have a fucking magical ritual to grant Saiyans a god like power when the entire time they had been training to obtain strength for the most part.

No it isn't. The hell drugs are you on? The ritual itself was very hard to comeby and yet here you are blabbering like an idiot saying "why wasn't explained earlier?" Gee dipshit why wasn't the concept of the Super Saiyan explained right from the beginning when Raditz or Vegeta and Nappa came along? Don't know the answer? It is because there was no need to delve into it at the time and because the conditions were not met.

>That's after we also overlook the super-duper fucking asspull bullshit of just having the right amount of saiyans present for the ritual to work.

Yes because the fusion and potara ear rings are not convenient enough.

Or how about Piccolo fusing with nail?

Goten and Trunks being of similiar age and power for the fusion?

How about SSJ3 Gotenks being able to leave the hyperbolic time chamber?

Talking about convenience is DBZ is asinine.

>TL;DR

Go back to whatever the fuck trash website you came.

>>fuck outta here if you think Super isn't Asspull horseshit.

Not even close.
>>
>>138990664
Detected the spic

You know, shilling for Toriyama won't make him actually try harder~~
>>
>>138984176
In dragon ball? Yes.
As for dragon ball Z, it's a tie between Majin vegeta vs Goku and Piccolo vs number 17. Shit was hype.
>>
>>138990859

Go play in traffic blindfolded and do your parents a favour.
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-23+at+04.53.04).jpg (299 KB, 1055x834) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-23+at+04.53.04).jpg
299 KB, 1055x834
I-I still like you, dude.
>>
>>138990988
Did Toriyama draw that panel? God it looks awful than his older works.
>>
>>138988035
Anyone got that clip of Tien wrecking Goku with the Wu Crane School Machine gun punch?
>>
>>138991076
The one who draws the manga is Toyotaro / Toyble.
>>
>>138991076
Dragonball Super is Drawn by Toyatoro. All complaints and compliments go to him.
>>
>>138984544
Piccolo can be kept relevant without power up. Writing him winning would require a decent amount of strategy and effort in the writer's part.
>>
>>138991104
>>138991172
Ah my bad. I never bothered to read the super manga but it just surprised me because the panel looked so lifeless and dull.
>>
>>138991195

Piccolo is as strong as a super saiyan 2 about now and so he shouldn't have that much trouble with Frost.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-23-02-17-36.png (491 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-23-02-17-36.png
491 KB, 1280x720
>>138991195
if piccolo wasn't relevant he would of never even been in the tournament. gohan isn't relevant.
>>
>>138991414
>would of.
This shouldn't bug me but it does.
>>
Godly man. Just the way that jackie stayed in control until the end was great.
>>
>>138984176
why would I do that? It is the best.
>>
>>138984176
Goku vs Kid buu
>>
>>138984231
>Goku vs Piccolo
>You missed all my vital organs!
>>
>>138991329
And it is still better than the anime
>>
File: Dragon Ball - V25C361 - Page 06.png (388 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Ball - V25C361 - Page 06.png
388 KB, 1024x1536
>>138990988
Poor Piccolo
>>
>>138990664
The first mention of Super Saiyans was immediately after Raditz's death.
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.