[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was it really that bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: Comet_Lucifer_promo.jpg (68 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
Comet_Lucifer_promo.jpg
68 KB, 300x450
Was it really that bad?
>>
>>138935139

It was incredibly mediocre, predictable in a way that wasn't entertaining, and somehow managed to follow the same formula as Eureka Seven and do it this badly.

Also, that part with the CG floating vegetables was weird as heck.

Watch it yourself if you really want to do so, everyone's taste is different after all. Maybe you'll end up liking it where I did not.
>>
Oh it was beyond bad. The only redeeming factor was laughing at it with /a/ on a weekly basis.
>>
>>138935139
It was ok, solid 7/10. Much better than the other original that season aka concrete shitvolutio
>>
I'm just glad I dropped this before the loli grew up
>>
SOGO
>>
>>138935139
It was pretty generic, but not that bad like some people say. I liked the CG fights, and some characters, the rest is pretty mediocre, but not in offensive way.
I enjoyed it, light 6/10
>>
File: Comet Lucifer 02.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Comet Lucifer 02.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>138935480

I watched through both of them and thought Concrete Revolutio actually did some interesting things even if it also wasn't that great, in my opinion. The last few episodes were even enjoyable, especially when they pulled off the everybody's Lelouch scene during a riot.

Still, I feel like Comet Lucifer was really generic. At least Concrete Revolutio did some neat things despite not pulling them off well at all, but it still tried.

>>138935688

That and FERIA are burned into my mind.
>>
>>138935741
Comet subverted some tropes like the heroine getting on the robot and saving the MC at the end. The villian was also not obvious till the last episodes.
>>
MC ends up alone and even worse off than Simon while his two childhood friends marry and have a litter of children.
Before that it's just boring and generic, but it is a children's show so going into it with high expectations seems a bit silly.
>>
>>138935825

I guess it can get some points for that. Your point about the villain though, I don't even understand why they would suddenly make her the villain. There's literally absolutely nothing leading up to it nor foreshadowing it and the reveal is just dumb and only meant for shock value and.

Basically, I hated it.

>>138935991

When you put the ending like that, it kind of makes me laugh how much of a bad end they gave the MC especially since his mom, dad, and foster dad are all dead, too. It's almost like a jab at dense MCs.
>>
>>138935139
Yes. I should have quit with the dancing vegetables.
>>
>>138935139

>worst MC ever
>cute loli turns into busted waifu
>stupid villains
>best character gets horribly murdered

only redeeming qualities were breadtits and not-kamina scoring best girl and popping out enough kids for a football team
>>
File: 1418364204236.gif (107 KB, 175x131) Image search: [Google]
1418364204236.gif
107 KB, 175x131
>>138935139
see
>>138935416
>>138938267
>>
I saw the first episode and I had no desire to continue.
>>
It was pretty fucking awful. I couldn't even call it a trainwreck because it didn't even have anything behind it. It was almost like pushing a shopping cart in an ocean, so completely pointless and forgettable. It was the worst show that season as well.
>>
>>138941418
>It was almost like pushing a shopping cart in an ocean, so completely pointless and forgettable
Well god damn, that's a pretty much perfect way of getting the point across.

It's not "so bad it's good", it's just one of those shows that comes out every once in while that's just complete shit with very few redeeming qualities. There's no point in getting upset about it, some shows never had any potential in the first place. Not everything has the potential to be standout and good.
>>
>>138942418

It had SOME potential, at least early on. But when it does zero worldbuilding, lets the majority of the cast spin their wheels, can't decide between light-hearted and super serious, and feels like 8-bit just stopped caring halfway through, you end up with "IT'S FUCKING NOTHING: The Animation".
>>
>>138935139
It's worse than bad. If it was just "bad" then you could just sort of write it off. But even bad things often have redeeming qualities that can elevate aspects of a show, like a bad b-movie that's unintentionally hilarious. This actually started out as possibly having potential but ultimately comes out being pointless to the point where it's not even entertaining. You bargain with this show. You say things like, "well that scene was kinda neat" and you pretend things are looking up, but it never gets good and before you know it the show is over and nothing of value has occurred. All those characters by most rights you should have cared about, you don't because they turned out like wet sponges instead of people. Those fight scenes that should have been cool feel empty because everyone is constantly jobbing right after getting powerups and there's no sense of progression. That world the show tries to flesh out ends up feeling to vague and ill thought out because there really wasn't enough time to both do worldbuilding and fit in the plot.

It's joyless. By the end you're just filled with regret and disappointment and, worse, there's nothing left to laugh at. Even garbage like A/Z can be remembered fondly for having a hilarious try-hard plot that left everyone unhappy except for those who already hated the show. Here's there's nothing but questions like "why?" and "what if...?".
>>
>>138943556
This.
Imagine a bad show: it's worst than that.
It manages to be generic as fuck, yet it can't do those generic things right. Comet Lucifer should be studied by every writer in the world because it embodies how to NOT tell a story.
Worst show I've seen since Valvrave S2, and at least this one was funny.
>>
>>138935139

It was fun until it kinda dropped off 60% of the way through. Nothing great, but it really didn't have to be when it was just a lighthearted romp with episodic villain fights. The last quarter of the show is when it really shit the bed though. I found myself saying "How the fuck did this happen?".
>>
>>138938267
Caterprie/Female Space Rock Lu Bu was also aight.
>>
>>138944681

I hated that thing. She was only acceptable when she was human during the ending. At all other times, she was just annoying as heck. And its design in the rock form is just so unpleasant to look at. That just reminded me that JAMON was another annoying line this show kept repeating over and over.

It's kind of funny how many things it got wrong, really.
>>
>>138945101
I just liked it because as the designated mecha creature it at least was halfway competent sometimes. I hated its powered up redesign, though, the weird squat biomecha look was way more appealing.

But yeah, as far as obnoxious mascot characters go, it was one of the worse ones I've run into.
>>
>>138935991
>Sogo becomes a successful scientist like his mother and continues to study rare minerals
>worse than hobo end

heh
>>
File: 1397343524476.jpg (35 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
1397343524476.jpg
35 KB, 852x480
This show BARELY got any interest when it aired on /a/ so it's surprising that people are asking if it's that bad.

It was okay for your typical original mecha shit but not enough to be remembered.
>>
>>138935139
Everything past episode 7 is.
>>
>>138935139
>Was it really that bad?
It was terrible.

1) Sogo was one of the worst MCs i've ever seen in any anime ever.
-he was cruelly oblivious to best girl's interest in him
-he was an asshole to his foster(?) father
-he was an idiot who's only plans basically amounted to "It will work out because MEH FEELINGS"
-of course he can take on armed professional soldiers barehanded and without any military training because he has plot armor thicker then the vault walls at fort knox.
-his asshattery gets best character killed
-his asshattery made jerk-juan seem like a genuine prince charming and make you wish he was the MC by the end
-girlbotrock had a terrible character design, her evolution was retarded
-the plot (lol) of this disaster almost made sense up until episode 4, then it's like the studio, or author just decided to say "fuck it" and the story went from random but somewhat coherent to completely incoherent and just as random.
-the villains sucked

ugh i'm going to stop there mostly because i'm tired and i need to go to bed for work. But i'll just finish this thought off with it was the worst show i forced myself to finish since 11eyes.
>>
>>138945676
>It was okay for your typical original mecha shit but not enough to be remembered.
>Lelouch

well atleast your shit tastes haven't changed
>>
Does anyone have the final sogo count, I don't think I remember ever seeing it, I know the final episode alone had something like 20 sogos.
>>
>>138935139
It keep teasing an adventure-driven plot but gives barely any of it.
>>
>>138946878
>the final episode
>this shit started with that pants on head retarded rapist monster Sogo dream when the world is actually going to end in minutes
>>
>>138935139
Not as bad as konosuba thats for sure
>>
It was a terribly generic series due to the writers ripping off stuff from other shows, badly, cutting it all up into small bite-sized chunks and dumping it all into a big fucking pot of piping-hot liquid curry.

Roman putting 3 babies in that fertile womb and Dough Man & his grenade-chucking would-be waifu were the saving graces. Oh, and the fact he got inside the brown girl.
>>
>>138935139
It was kind of enjoyable until it tried to be super serious.
>>
>>138935416
>follow the same formula as Eureka Seven
Is it really? I don't remember Eureka coming out from crystal but she come with Holland to Renton's place
>>
File: 1450881579967.jpg (29 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1450881579967.jpg
29 KB, 1280x720
I liked how they suddenly started copying Eva like crazy. Apparently Felia is one of the Seeds of life that came to the different planets, which explained to Sogo while standing in space. After that I noticed that she has the same color palette as Rei too. Well, that pretty much saved the show for me.
Picrelated, "I need you", lol.
That was just goofy as fuck. And they even use the term "Seeds of Life", which is not even mentioned in the NGE anime itself and that makes me think that they didn't expect the viewers to know about it. Although that might be just the translator's choice of words.
I don't care much for Eva references but I do have a soft spot for shows that just rip it off. And to just do it out of nowhere in the last episode... priceless.
>>
File: 1421535500483.jpg (55 KB, 420x650) Image search: [Google]
1421535500483.jpg
55 KB, 420x650
>>138947238
that robot backing away from the tiny bread is kawaii as fuck
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.