[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Universe 6 such jokes? Pooh was like Android 18 level,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 15
File: 4363777.jpg (36 KB, 378x348) Image search: [Google]
4363777.jpg
36 KB, 378x348
Why is Universe 6 such jokes? Pooh was like Android 18 level, I doubt Frost was stronger than Dabura

Maybe Frost was even weaker. I mean Vegeta easily beat him in 1 hit, I'm not even sure he went SSJ2 the animation was so bad it's hard to tell.
>>
One thing i don't get is how Vegeta can transform into a regular SS, is he suppressing is god ki? does that mean base Goku (without god ki) fought Botamo?
>>
>>138915014
The power level jumps between arcs in DB are ridiculous. SSJ3 Goku was literally defeated by Beerus snapping with his finger and shortly later had a semi-serious fight him as SSJGSSJ. Being one-shoted by Goku or Vegeta right now means nothing, they could probably do the same to Super Buu right now.
>>
>>138915014
You realize base Goku fought non-full power Beerus as well as final form Frieza post training, right? Frost was fighting on par with base Goku.
>>
>>138915570
And Vegeta one-shoted him. Apparently they can switch from god ki to non god ki.
>>
>>138915672
Vegeta one shoted an already tired Frost while as a Super Saiyan. Goku also absolutely wrecked Frost as Super Saiyan. There is no reason to assume they lost the God ki when it was already stablished it became a part of them even in normal form.
>>
>>138915864
I never said they lost it, I said they can switch from God Ki to non-God Ki. Super Cyan is SSJ + God Ki, which tell us they are supprasing their God Ki to use normal SSJ.
>>
>>138916178
I see no evidence of base Goku being weaker than during his fight with Beerus. Consider this is the same base Goku that fought final form Frieza and even first form Frieza wrecked SSJ Gohan and was considered to be on a different dimension. So the God ki boost is still there for base Goku.
>>
>>138916700
Eh, I don't know about that. Beerus made a really big deal out of Goku being able to go toe-to-toe with him, and so far we haven't seen as much as a mildly surprised reaction from Champa.
>>
>>138916761
Beerus himself later on stated he wasn't fighting at full power when Whis asked him. He only said he was at ful power to make Goku go all out. Whis also made an analogy that if Goku/Vegeta were an small tree then Beerus would be that big castle behind. So the difference between Goku/Vegeta and Beerus is still huge.
>>
>>138916996
Fair enough, Anon. Also, I'm curious, but what's the deal with Nipples?
He is obviously either incredibly weak and here for a reason only Beerus and Whis know right now, or he has some sort of utterly broken power/ability that is only revealed under special circumstances that Beerus is hoping for in case both his SSJGSSJs get blown out.
>>
>>138915097
Yes

Base goku has not gotten any stronger since he fought freeza

they still rely on transformations and status upgrades.
>>
I was downloading super from [DragonSuper] but it seems they stopped at chapter 23, which group is decent enough to download from?
>>
>>138916700
Put attention, anon. I said they are fully aware they are supprasing their god ki. Goku's fights with Beerus and Frieza were different.
>>
>>138915014
People never take in the fact that DBZ guys are all getting stronger all the time, including their base form.

No universe Six isn't a joke, Yes they're all basically as strong as Buu so far it seems.

Pooh was very strong and even Goku said it would be trouble to be hit by him directly, but the issue was that he relied too much on one ability, so he never refined the rest of himself. Frost was able to hold up against base form Goku, and baseform Goku is at this point way stronger than the people that claim its proof that Frost is weaker than Freiza Arc Freiza will ever seem to realize. Base form Goku is like Buu tier at least right now, even without Super Saiyan.

Magenta is strong to the point that Vegeta comments that his strength and speed is quite monstrous and worthy of mention. Even when he was trying to take him out without holding back too much in baseform, he couldn't. He had to go Super Saiyan, but even that seems to not be enough just yet. Bitching that a "robot" could ever be strong is like bitching that the arc after Freiza arc didn't make sense at all. Although Magenta is just an alien in the end who's made of metal.

Hit is obviously the strongest one of all though
>>
>>138918282
Wrong
>>
real talk, are we ever seeing ssj3 again?
i really don't like that ssj1 is the only one we're seeing.
>>
>>138923330
SSJ3 wont be seen for the same reason we barely see SSJ2.... its not worth the energy.

Its far more effective in terms of Ki use over time to use SSJ then SSJ2 or 3.
>>
>>138918282
That is clearly untrue. Base Goku was able to keep up with the Freeza's final form in the Revival of F arc, and Freeza was clearly far more powerful this time around (to the point where in his base form he could one-shot Gohan before he had time to react). Furthermore, he was capable of keeping up with Beerus after SSJG ran out in his base form for a while before he went SSJ, so clearly his base form now has God Ki. Since Vegeta is on Goku's level, Vegeta clearly has God Ki in base form as well.

>>138923330
There's no point. It's canon that SSJ3 is incredibly inefficient. They would just go Super Cyan instead.
>>
>>138918282
>Base goku has not gotten any stronger since he fought freeza
There we go with this bullshit again
>>
>>138915097
He's saving his full power for later, no need to go all out when you don't have to.
>>
>>138923330
SSJ3 is a worthless form
>>
File: 109.jpg (315 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
109.jpg
315 KB, 1024x1536
>>138928458
>SSJ3 is a worthless form
>>
>>138925925

i don't care. i will block a highway in protest if vegeta doesn't go ssj3 at least once.

also, what the fuck happened to piccolo? he beat android 17 who was stronger than frieza who is clearly stronger than frost.
>>
>>138915282
This. Also, they're after 3 years of beating the crap out of each other, if this was DBZ they'd be Beerus tier easily.
>>
>>138929552

>>138915282
>>138921067
>>
>>138929099
and that's and argument how? It's useless now for sure.

I'd like to see ASSJ 2 with god ki though.
>>
>>138927051
Are you dumb or what? Goku and Vegeta are supprasing the god ki. Yes, Base Goku and Vegeta are stronger now even without the god ki, that's why Goku was able to put a fight against Frost in his base form. I would say Frost is between Imperfect and Perfect Cell. That's why Piccolo was able to put a fight against him and why SSJ Gohan is stronger than him.
>>
>>138915014

There are still 2 fighters left. Maybe they are stronger.

Only 2 fighters from Beerus team are god level too.
(Monaka seems to be a joke).
>>
>>138931478

I'm convinced at this point monaka "defeated" berrus by telling a joke or something that paralyzed him or something.

I still think we'll see Vegeta win next week and then tie with the mini saiyan who I believe at this point can only turn blue and bypasses gold SS. Vegeta then goes blue and they tie or some shit.

Goku is gonna lose to purple penis head and monaka will tell a joke and win it all.
>>
>>138929099
It is clearly worthless now, though. There is literally no reason to use it. Super Cyan is objectively better on every level. It's a much bigger power up and doesn't drain energy as fast so it can be used for much longer. There is no reason to use SSJ3 anymore. There's practically no reason to use SSJ2 anymore, either, but they appear to be able to stay in SSJ2 for a significant length of time and it seems to not be too taxing, so whatever. The only transformations that are worth a damn are SSJ and Super Cyan at the moment, everything else can be effectively ignored.

>>138931178
I was under the impression that they were using god ki in their base forms now. They just also have a god transformation. Is that incorrect?
>>
>>138932424
>I still think we'll see Vegeta win next week
Of course Vegeta will win dumb fuck, just read the mang you sack of shit.
>>
>>138932489
where
>>
>>138915014
>tfw you think Beat, Note, Genome, Froze, etc are better than the U6 characters
>>
>power scaling matters more than interesting fights and characters
autism
>>
>>138925925
Yeah until you run into an enemy that's just to strong and you need to go SSJ3

>>138927051
>They would just go Super Cyan instead.
why not super cyan 3? It's literally just SSJ with God ki added to it
>>
why is the animation so bad in dragon ball super? i cant even take it serious. i feel like i am watching a fan video. they shouldent be getting away with this.
>>
>>138932448
Think for a second, anon. If Frost had to play dirty against Piccolo who's weaker than weakened SSJ Gohan who's weaker than Buu, then Goku or Vegeta with god ki plus any transformation would kill him just by only touching him. Goku and Vegeta are suppeasing their true power to make things interesting. So no god ki because they are supprasing it. Super Cyan is god ki + SSJ, just by turnning SSJ they should turn Super Cyan, but they aren't because they are supprasing it.
>>
>>138932889
I personally never get why we could never get an interquel or something taking place between events. Heck, what about Future Trunks and others? I'd like to see what he's doing.
>>
>>138932890
They don't need to go SSJ3 anymore because they can just go SSJ Blue. There's no point in using that worthless transformation when they have an objectively superior one.

Also, we don't know what the next transformation will be. It might not be blue. We don't know yet.
>>
>>138933091
>Also, we don't know what the next transformation will be
It's super saiyan 4
>>
>>138918282
>Base goku has not gotten any stronger since he fought freeza
nope.
The transformations only act as multiplier.
That's why they always train in base form.
>>
Why is the eng manga still at goku vs frost? seriously, c'mon.
>>
>>138933304
because they're rushing the fuck out of the anime
>>
>>138932967
I think that might have just been inconsistent power levels. Even then, he had serious trouble. He was only going to win because he tricked Frost into thinking he had the upper hand.
>>
>>138915014
Are you genuinely retarded?

>Pooh was android 18 level
He tanked a Kamehameha from Goku and they said going full power probably wouldn't make a difference.

>I doubt Frost was stronger than Dabura
Frost in his Assault form was on par with base Goku.

Then There was his final form, that while weaker than SS Goku and Vegeta was obviously more powerful than their base forms. Do I need to remind you SS Goku was fighting with Beerus? Do I need to remind you Goku absorbed god ki and got like a million times stronger than ever? Base Goku was fighting on par with final form Frieza who was beyond every other fighter back then, and Goku trained after that, Frost in his 3rd form was stronger than final form Frieza.

>Maybe Frost was even weaker. I mean Vegeta easily beat him in 1 hit
You ARE retarded. He fought Goku and Piccolo, he was tired when he fought Vegeta. Of course that doesn't mean the outcome would've been different but it means he wasn't at his full power.
>>
>>138933474
According to DB rules you cannot harm an enemy if you are too weak in relation to your enemy's power. Frost is at Perfect Cell level.
>>
>>138929099
Enraged SSJ Vegeta was stated to be stronger than SSJ3 Goku during BoG.
Think about it this way, do you want the automatic rifle that does a decent amount of damage and has tons of ammo, or do you want the rocket launcher that does tons of damage but has a small amount of ammo? SSJ3 will probably only be used if Goku needs to unleash an extremely devastating attack for whatever reason, otherwise it's just wasting energy.
>>
>>138933738
>implying you can't lower Ki
Goku deliberately fights to better himself. In a regular match, he won't aim for quick & easy wins.
>>
I don't get it. Why would Toriyama introduce the idea of mastery over a super saiyan transformation and never do it again for SSJ2 and SSJ3?

Goku should go to SSJ3 no problem if he mastered the form and continuously trained.
>>
>>138918282
Base Goku should be stronger after Freeza because of ROSAT training for three years with Vegeta.
>>
>>138933881
fucking THIS
>>
>>138933881
Toriyama said it won't be necessary to go SSJ2/SSJ3 anymore because it would waste more ki. Mastering their SSJ form is enough.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/saikyo-jump-june-2014-issue-twel-buu-mysteries/
>>
>>138934079

It is retarded. If they could train and master these forms to be able to handle with very little strain, then why the hell would he not do it for other forms?

Toriyama got lazy in his writing and so introduced this nonsense known as god ki. Correction he introduced red god ki which lasted for 1/4 of a movie and then scrapped it for blue. Beyond retarded.
>>
>>138934079
that's so fucking stupid
>>
>>138934079
>tfw they did this already in the Cell Saga during the Hyperbolic Time Chamber
>>
>>138933789
by Master Roshi, who never witnessed SSJ3 Goku's full power

if you actually believe what Roshi says you are full of shit
>>
>>138931478
>>138932424

I'm calling it now, Monaka is either completely useless (red herring) or he's the Dragon God.

Beerus seems almost scared rather than embarrassed that Goku will find out who he really is/what he can do.

Plus they've alluded to the Dragon God being the one true god, above teh masters of creation and destruction.

that means there's 12 Dragon Gods they're gonna have to fuck up.

I feel like this entire saga is just a drawn-out Radditz exposition for the real shit then we're gonna get some Saiyan Saga/Named Saga level anime.

If not whatever, the humor behind two gods that destroy planets playing RPS is amusing enough to waste 20 minutes a week.
>>
>>138915014

>hyped for the fight between Vegeta and Frost
>it was a single punch

Was I wrong to be disappointed? Did I just switch channel to OPM?
>>
Maybe it's the poor execution, but it feels like all of them seriously depowered.

That training Vegeta did in ep2, it feels like he could have breezed through it back during the android saga.

In ep1, Goku lifted a falling tractor with one hand while flying and without focusing any of his ki into his strength, but later on, he had to put a decent amount of effort into dragging pooh to the edge of the ring? Unless Pooh weighs like 50 tons, that makes no sense.
>>
>>138917136
Beerus has a poor sense of humor and was banking on Nipples to make the opponent laugh themselves into losing.

Beerus has a poor sense of humor.
>>
Something I was thinking about, back during the King Piccolo arc they mentioned how those killed by King Piccolo and his minions would have their souls trapped in limbo. Why didn't the same thing apply to Piccolo Jr.? We know souls didn't get trapped in limbo from being killed by him seeing as how he killed Raditz and Goku and they still moved on to the afterlife.
>>
>>138935492
> but later on, he had to put a decent amount of effort into dragging pooh to the edge of the ring?
Because dragging around a character that sends attacks to other dimensions is easy right? Because he WANTED to be dragged by Goku right?

>Unless Pooh weighs like 50 tons, that makes no sense.
50 tons is literally nothing for Goku.
>>
>>138935883
Aliens can't trap people's souls in limbo, demons can.
>>
>>138935959

What does sending attacks to another dimension have anything to do with being dragged around?
>>
>>138935988
But King Piccolo was an alien and souls killed by him were trapped in limbo.
>>
>>138932489
where
>>
Why do db characters fear death if they know there's an afterlife?
>>
>>138936794
Only some people get to keep their body.
>>
>>138936794
Goku doesn't fear death, he seems to actually be pretty ok with dying, the only thing is that it's suboptimal to die. He can teleport to afterlife whenever he wants if he's alive, but he can't go back to the living world while dead.
About the others, the issue is obviously being separated from their friends/family. And for Vegeta, he wouldn't keep his body and would be sent to hell.
>>
>>138937274

Eh, that reminds me. Whatever happened after he sacrificed himself fighting fat Buu? Piccolo was all grim and bleak telling him that he would probably have his previous memories and attachments all erased for his past sins and all that, but look what happened at the end of Buu arc.
>>
>>138932908
Because Toei are cheap fucks who rush shit
>>
>>138937406
Not sure if filler, but:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCwykhqtAEE
>>
>>138935345
Goku was kicking Frost's dick in and he was holding back on the guy. What did you think was going to happen?
>>
I like to think that Toriyama did the same shit he pulled on Babidi spaceship, and U6 fighters reflect a previous final boss level of power.

Botamo is either Freeza or Cell level, that's why he's got the null damage ability without that he's fodder.

Frost is Gotenks/Gohan Buu level, he is stronger than mystic Gohan and forced Goku to go SSJ, but not that much stronger as Piccolo can take him with a makankosappo, Frost level all depends on how strong Gohan is now, as Piccolo can fight on par with Gohan, if Gohan went somewhat close to his mystic level, Frost is Gohan Buu lv, else Frost is Gotenks Buu.

Magetta is somewhere at BoG Beerus level, and forces SSJ Vegeta to go full power.

Cabbe is an exception and it's only close to base Vegeta, maybe he is the SSB level fighter but can't transform to reach it.

Hit will probably be Golden Freeza+ lv.
>>
>>138937406
Enma kept Vegeta out of hell just in case buu went to the afterlife.
>>
File: Hit.webm (697 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Hit.webm
697 KB, 640x360
>>138915014
It's alright, based Hit will wipe out the monkey and nipple scum, just like he did the ice jew.
>>
>>138915097
remember the rule where they're not allowed to kill anyone?
>>
>>138937687
>Hit will probably be Golden Freeza+ lv.
I hope Hit is actually strong, and we see why. I wouldn't mind seeing some hitman flashbacks.
>>
>>138934152
>If they could train and master these forms to be able to handle with very little strain

First of all, Goku clearly did that, since he had no problem going SSj3 against Beerus when against Buu he was struggling to keep that form.

and second, some forms are simply not ideal. USSJ is stronger but it's not ideal in power and speed, SSJ3 is just not ideal.

In other words, if I can fight longer and keep my stamina in one form with less work, why would I keep struggling in a form that gives almost no benefit?
>>
>>138935030
they know how to sense ki you dummy.

Well, actually, how the fuck does Roshi know how to sense ki? Everyone learned how to do that from Kami, and Roshi has NEVER trained at the summit.
>>
>>138937828
>a hitman named Hit
B R A V O
R
A
V
O
>>
>>138938209

Yeah, if Roshi could beat Freeza's henchmen, I'm sure they are even lower than Saibamen in term of power.

Really, the power level is all over the place in Super.
>>
>>138938260
Toriyama is a true genius.
>>
>>138938308
They can very well be weaker than Saibamen. Raditz was as strong as a Saibaman and he was elite, wasn't he?
>>
>>138938308
that could be argued by just saying Roshi trained. But, Goku, Krillin, Yamcha, Tenshinhan and Chiaotzu all had to go to Kami to learn how to sense ki.

Just a strange thing to overlook. Toriyama (and Toei for that matter) probably forgot he can't do it. If I remember correctly there were a bunch of filler scenes where he was sensing ki too.
>>
>>138938382
No. He was a mook.
>>
>>138938382
Almost everyone in the universe heard Radditz get his shit pushed in by a four year old.
>>
Toriyama can't make up his mind whether he wants to show that there is a way to be a threat, even against people like Goku and Vegeta who are super powered as all hell, or go with the old DBZ "fantastic superman fighting" shtick
>>
>>138938428>>138938382
Gohan,Krillin one shot the two fodders that attacked them on namek, and they did it at 1.500 BP, same power as Raditz.

Raditz is probably a high range guy in Freeza army even as a low level saiyan, that's part of why Freeza killed them, they were too many and too strong.

Remember Oozaru Raditz goes to 15.000 BP that's stronger than any Freeza army soldier than isn't Ginyu Special Forces or Freeza's Bodyguards, only Kiwi can beat him.
>>
>>138938502
what the fuck are you talking about? The stakes in dragonball have ALWAYS been stagnant.

Sometimes it's just a tournament, sometimes a guy just wants to wish to be taller, and other times it's fights to the death.
>>
>>138938994

>Red
>all RR crews (including Gero) <<<< Bulma in constructing a gadget to get the balls

You know, if Bulma might just make her own android series if she wanted to.
>>
>>138939138
well the thing with Bulma and the pilaf gang is that they could have the world at their fingertips with their interllect but they can't see the forest for through the trees.

Goku bested them in logic constantly and he didn't even know how to count.
>>
>>138938959
Other things to note, Namek Elite Warriors are at 3.000 BP, only a named mook (Apple) can fight them on par, all the rest of Freeza soldiers were killed, and you would think Freeza would bring the best of the best with him.

22.000 and 23.000 is enough to be the bodyguard of the CEO.

The special force of the company are only at 40.000 or so, with the captain, the number 2 guy, at 120.000.

And the boss a literal god with a full power in the hundreds of millions, no wonder he never trained, he was worlds ahead, even in 1st form he was more than 4 times as powerful as the next guy.

Overall the universe is pretty weak, and the characters we know are probably the 1% not the norm.
>>
>>138939652

He left them out for a reason. I'm sure he wouldn't want the Namek to laugh themselves to dead.
>>
>>138939320
kinda makes the creation of characters like Abo and Cado seem extremely stupid in hindsight.
>>
>>138938382
Raditz was considered elite because of the fact he's a Saiyan, sure he might have a power level of like 1400 but he can get to 14000 in an instant
>>
>>138939751
Well that's Toriyama for you, power creeps like nothing.

Maybe you can say that without being in constant missions they had time to train and being gifted mutants like the rest of Freeza army, they leveled the fuck up.

At least they got to weaker than Buu arc SSJ Goku by training for a shit ton of years and fusion, instead of Tagoma 4 months of beaten up to rise from Zarbon to Super Buu.
>>
>>138928280
I thought this base form was already on par with the original SSG form.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Saiyan_beyond_God
>>
>>138939888
The average Saiyan wasn't even all that strong by FriezaCorp standards. The only super exceptional Saiyans were Vegeta & King Vegeta, the former succeeding the latter as a kid. In fact, you had guys like Cui who were as strong as Saiyan Saga Vegeta.
>>
>>138940007
Base was on par with SSG in BoG, in Super Goku needs SSJ to go on par with SSG.

>>138940012
I like to think that normal FreezaCorp salarymen are scared shitless of executives like Kiwi or Vegeta, Nappa is that guy who is has been at the company for years and the Boss just won't fire him and Raditz is some low level employee that thinks is hot shit because he is "Friends" with Vegeta.
>>
File: eternal_weeping.png (4 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
eternal_weeping.png
4 KB, 493x402
>>138940451
>Raditz is some low level employee that thinks is hot shit because he is "Friends" with Vegeta.

He was probably just happy to fight Piccolo and Goku because for once in his life he felt strong.
>>
>>138940672
and he ended up dying to people 1/3 his power
>>
>>138941165
I can just imagine Radditz begging Vegeta to let him go get his brother and Vegeta just telling him to not fuck up.

Fucking radditz.
>>
>>138941356
Probably just sent Radditz as bait, see how strong the warriors on Earth are. Then he discovers what Dragonballs are through Radditz.
>>
File: 1416861720195.jpg (165 KB, 624x526) Image search: [Google]
1416861720195.jpg
165 KB, 624x526
>>138941528
they have Saibamen for that.

Oh wait.
>>
seriously, DBS is super shit. Stretching the last 2 movies for like 30 episodes was unnecessary. Furthermore, I'm sure Toriyama is fucking crazy and doesn't care at this point. The powerlevels are all fucked up, all the characters and story have been uninspired as fuck.
>>
>>138941710
Looking at the power levels chart, Raditz when arriving on earth has the same power level as the Saibamen. 1,200.

After Goku's friends trained to fight Vegeta and Nappa. Tien, Krillin, Yamcha were at least over 1,400. Gohan was at 981 and Yajirobe was 970.

I know power levels can be bullshit but damn the state of Raditz
>>
>>138920630
It's "pay attention". You remind me of my Abuelita.
>>
I feel like Monaka will determine Super quality from here on out. Really hoping he's not another Mr Satan but it's hard to say.
>>
>>138941741
everything about super is fanfiction tier. Toriyama's lost it.
>>
>>138942034
monaka is obviously a joke. I don't understand how people don't get it.
>>
>>138942120
I feel the same, but I'm hoping for a Toriyama curveball. I actually think we won't see him fight at all.
>>
>>138942120
Toriyama has said numerous times that he likes to make his most powerful characters the least threatening looking.

So I think there's something special about Monaka, there's no reason for Beerus to want to waste a slot.
>>
I don't like to discuss power levels that much, but does anyone else thinks that the multipliers were reduced the stronger characters got? Going SSJ doesn't feel like a 50x power boost anymore.
>>
File: Goku40tons.png (89 KB, 607x335) Image search: [Google]
Goku40tons.png
89 KB, 607x335
>>138935492
>>138935959
>50 tons is literally nothing for Goku
Ehh, in SS1 and above, sure. We don't exactly know how much stronger he has gotten since he last died.

Also, Goku wasn't struggling to drag Pooh in the manga.
http://readms.com/r/dragon_ball_super/009/3258/5
He was tossing him around like a sack of shit, the problem was that he just wasn't taking damage.
Goku just casually strolled over to the edge of the ring carrying him.
>>
>>138942256
they're fighting stronger people, and in the tournament they're specifically trying to not kill people.
>>
>>138938308
And to top it of, Toriyama said somewhere that Roshi is pretty much as strong as he feels.
If he went to Namek with the others, things would have ended differently.
>>
>>138942653
Roshi should've got more fights.
>>
>>138942785

>couldn't even beat piccolo's dad way back
>now could beat random mooks of a galactic tyrant

The training power of slacking and porn videos, guys.
>>
>>138942883
he didn't even try to fight piccolo, which I found very strange
>>
Wasn't that blue aura/hair just their ki leaking with the Whis training & all?

They might have got their ki under control, so SSGSS is just Gold hair again
>>
>>138942204
>there's no reason for Beerus to want to waste a slot.
pride. he doesn't want to admit goku was his most troublesome opponent.
>>
>>138942101
this.
>>
>>138941881
>Saiyans are a warrior race
>Shitty humans can catch up with raddits in a few months spiking from literally 100 base bp to 1200 base bp
>>
seriously fuck the concept of super saiyan god. shit's just so dumb, even for dragon ball standards.
literally
>the power of love
>>
>>138943229
Goku admitted Vegeta is stronger than him though & Vegeta said he wasn't stronger enough than him
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 480x640
>>138915014
Why? Cause gags and lmfao is the direction super took. There hasn't been a single urgent moment in super, picolo is killed and they just say "lol namek dragon balls"
>>
File: image.png (395 KB, 719x403) Image search: [Google]
image.png
395 KB, 719x403
>>138917136
Confirmed nipples is just more comedy bullshit
>>
>>138935030

Roshi was on earth when Goku went SSJ3 and he was always the best ki judge, out of ANYONE.

He's still a legit case of experience when it comes to measuring guys.
>>
>>138943322
It's always been that way. Vegeta has always been stronger and Goku has always been the better fighter. There are periods where one of them leaps over the other when they learn a new transformation, but they always quickly catch up to the other and resume the status quo.
>>
anyone else hate the fucking opening.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 225x350
>>138934079
>believing the horse shit he makes up on the spot.
bet you also believe launch and #17 are park rangers
>>
>>138943377

Oh joy, now he looks more intimidating. Sasuga U6.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 2208x1242) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 2208x1242
>>138943461
I also hate the fucking show, "lmao ramen"
>>
>>138943511
Ramen is the second most funny noodle
>>
>Why is Universe 6 such jokes?

Because it would be retarded if there were people at Goku/Vegeta's level at this point. Hit seems like he's strong enough to be a threat.
>>
>>138938159

First of all, Goku didn't struggle to maintain SSJ3. It was only over a drawn out fight that he lost all his stamina.

Second of all, the fight in the manga/anime was all of 3 attacks before Beerus 2 shot him while holding back.

There was no time to get fatigued.
>>
>>138933789
>le rageta is stronk guys!
I FUCKING LOVE SUPER, I ALSO LOVE COCKS
>>
>>138915014

>fat champ wanted to kill Frost for humiliating him with foul play
>intentionally made up rules that will benefit him

Hey look. Consistent writing.
>>
>>138943463
Toriyama made almost ALL of Dragon Ball up on the spot you dipshit. He's literally on record stating that. He'd always come up with new characters and events that seemed "exciting," even if it retconned everything that came before it.

Remember Raditz?

Kami?

The Red Ribbon Army?
>>
>>138943947
For being caught with foul play
>>
>>138933019

Future Trunks is playing Time Cop with Loli God of Time and your mary sue Self Insert.
>>
>>138944156
Kill yourself gohanfag, super is shit and so is your taste
>>
>>138932778

They have better character designs at least.
>>
Why did they have to bring Goku back in the tournament? Vegeta and Piccolo finally had time to shine.
>>
>>138944717
Because Frost cheated, and Vegeta will shine beating Magetta.
>>
>>138933789
>DBZ power level gauging
>consistent
>>
>>138940012
>The average Saiyan wasn't even all that strong by FriezaCorp standards.
when oozaru form, excluding frieza he only had 7-8 soldiers stronger than that.
Remember, the status is about how efficient they are at taking planets.
>>
File: Gohan a shit.jpg (121 KB, 958x458) Image search: [Google]
Gohan a shit.jpg
121 KB, 958x458
>>138944502
I didn't say anything about Super's quality and Gohan a shit.

It doesn't make you any less wrong. Toriyama would make shit up as it went along, hell sometimes he'd wait until the day before the next chapter was due to start drawing. Fucker he jokes at how lazy he is in the manga!
>>
>>138946304

>that goku on the left bottom panel

No wonder the anime is so quality. It inherited some from the actual content.
>>
>>138946304

>son actually has important matters to attend to
>a father who shoots him down for not joining a literal family picnic

He sure didn't look as bad way back, but fuck, calling Goku a senile oldman is an understatement.
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 305x441) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 305x441
I wonder how far Krillin and Yamcha could go if they had Kaioken. I don't see why they couldn't handle it at their level.
>>
>>138946727
Kaioken pushes the body because it's letting their inner power come out at higher levels and faster than normal.
Saiyans benefit from this because as their body burns out, they'll get a boost from the healing.
Humans not so much, which means they wouldn't be able to advance up in Kaioken levels that fast.
On top of that, Krillin's always been a sneaky fighter, not a power house. He plays it smart, and keeps his energy in reserve.

Yamucha, though, I don't think could handle it.
>>
>>138946885
Still, twice the power is certainly something. He could probably make a Destructo Disk that wasn't so slow if her had the extra power.
>>
>>138946936
>so slow
I don't think it's particularly slow.
And having more power wouldn't make it faster. It's not a beam. The disc is where all the power is, he could spin it faster, but I doubt it would make him throw it any faster.

Also, Krillin got his potential unlocked by Guru, so kaioken might be useless.
>>
>>138947050
I suppose.

Wish it was like what Dragon Ball Online had where the Kaioken becomes a widespread technique among humans. Maybe there wouldn't be as much fall-off. Imagine if Cell had it, he'd be unstoppable.
>>
>>138947127
Cell was basically SSJ when he became perfect. Even had the same aura and sfx.
>>
>>138947127
>imagine if cell had it
I don't think you get what the kaioken is.
It's a power charging method.
Instead of like, what Vegeta does, where he squats and yells and powers up slowly and then blows your shit up, it spikes the power up quickly, so it all rushes up.
It doesn't increase your max power. It multiplies your base, not your powered up self.
After the frieza saga, where there was the super saiyan power up, and other transformations, there wasn't really a reason to have a move that powered you up from your base because the fighters had learned how to control their power well enough that they weren't fighting in their base.
The saiyans of course, but as far as Cell goes, he increased his power like anyone else, and he did it rather rapidly. Kaioken wouldn't have been more efficient than he already was.
>>
>>138947245
What a bunch of made up BS.
>>
>>138947245
It works like this:
They scream, glow a bit and this makes them more powerful so they can defeat the enemy.
>>
>>138947232
And after regenerating from self-destruction he had a SSJ2 aura.
>>
>>138943083
That's interesting and actually might be true

Final forms are base forms, calling that now.
>>
Who's the vegeta-looking fag?
>>
File: Dragon Ball Z (389).png (394 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Ball Z (389).png
394 KB, 1024x1536
>>138935883
>>
>>138939751
It was stupid at the time.
>>
>>138948232
Neat.When we will have another demon clansman as villan
>>
>>138936114
They assumed he was a demon because he kept calling himself one. No one could prove he was an alien aside perhaps fortuneteller baba
>>
>>138943461
The opening, the ED and the music in the show (except for the Kikuchi remixes/reworks) are a total fucking slap in the face the the OST of the original series. It's a huge fucking joke. It's fucking forgettable and doesn't compare.
>>
>>138939751
Abo and Cado were stated to be bellow Ginyu level at the time of Namek though, they just became much stronger afterwards, like what happened with Tagoma and Freeza himself in Super.
>>
>>138950261
I hope by "OST of the original series" you mean the Japanese stuff and not the trash soundtrack Murrika got.
>>
>>138940451
His base was still strong enough to stop a blast from Beerus at the end of their battle in Super.
>>
>>138950261

Speak for yourself, Super has a better opening than DB or DBZ.
>>
>>138950645
>Do I fit in yet?
>>
>>138942204
The main issue with Monaca is that they actually called out that aspect of Toriyama's writing in the series itself "the least threatening opponents always end up being very powerful". So, it seems like a strong possibility that this could be a reversal.
>>
>>138950672
lmfao are you serious m8. I'll concede that it's not bad, it's actually a decent song, but it's nowhere near as good as the original stuff.

>>138950645
Of course you fucking faggot I never watched the Falcouner version unlike >>138950687
>138950687
>>
>>138950971

I love the opening and think it is fantastic. You guys are so rooted by your hate for the series, it has made you blind.
>>
>>138950971
Well anon as shown by >>138950687 my worries were not unfounded.

>>138950687
>why won't people like the shitty buzzing noise soundtrack that never shuts up and was made to keep the attention of ADD burger children???

It was trash, and if you don't see that, you're trash too.
>>
>>138927051
For someone who doesn't let himself in with obviously retarded shows this sounds absolutely fucking retarded.
>>
>>138951072
The Falcouner OST wasn't that bad compared to other Murriclap OSTs.
>>
>>138951386

Falcouner's music turned DBZ into something legendary. I simply can't watch DBZ now with it.

Falcouner is a legend.
>>
>>138951457
Baiting 101: be at least a tiny bit subtle.
>>
>>138951072
No one even mentioned the American dub but you.
>>
Has the english dub dropped yet?
>>
No one is talking 'bout Faulconer.
Compared to Kikuchi the current score is really lacking.
>>
>>138951505
It's really not that bad Anon.
>>
>>138944502
Playing the strawman again, anon?
>>
>>138942785
Roshi needs to get the last kill in DBS. Do a Netero vs. Meruem style fight.
>>
>>138953347
>defending Super
>>
>>138953535
>not being able to read
>>
>>138933474
Piccolo is constantly meditating and shit. He also mentioned he is always underestimated. He could have just increased his power.
>>
>>138943083
>mfw
>>
>>138943337
It's a fucking 9am sunday timeslot. What were you expecting?
>>
>>138943083
I've got to say, that would be interesting, but I highly doubt that.
>>
I don't get why people are hating on Super so much.

DBZ ended fucking 20 years ago. Super is a complete fucking bonus and you should just be glad to have some more official content.

For what it is, it could be a LOT fucking worse. Toriyama has been a senile old shit since the original Dragon Ball/Z.

I'm happy enough to just tune in for 20 minutes a week to see some humour or slice of life shit with nostalgic characters in an ever expanding universe.

I also prepared myself, as we all knew it had a 9am Sunday timeslot. I don't know what on earth you were expecting otherwise. Yo Son Goku, BoG and RoF also set this EXACT tone and had instance of QUALITY, so again I don't know why you're acting so fucking surprised.

Power levels, firstly, are shit, and Toriyama regretted ever making them a thing. Secondly, characters have been getting random power level jumps since Dragon Ball (like a handful of days at korin's tower, then the fucking mystic water - piccolo fusing with some other weak ass fuck was suddenly enough to have a 1 million power level, vegeta barely being able to defeat Jeice was suddenly able to go toe to toe with base frieza).

Shut up and enjoy your plate of mildly offensive smelling blandness. At least it isn't Naruto Shippuden tier.
>>
>>138932908
Cause they're going for the bluray sales
>>
>>138937646
ssj gold frost?
>>
>>138943276
those were elite humans though. elite humans = standard saiyan grunt.
Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.