[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Inaho
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10
File: 10.png (1 MB, 1907x1080) Image search: [Google]
10.png
1 MB, 1907x1080
Why was he the only competent one in his show?
>>
>>138911246
He was the only one who had his eggs for breakfast.
>>
>>138911246
MARY SUE
>>
>>138911246
I want to bully Inaho.
>>
File: 1449235822863.png (752 KB, 812x1149) Image search: [Google]
1449235822863.png
752 KB, 812x1149
>>138911268
I eat at least four eggs a day, yet nothing has changed...
>>
>>138911246
KEK
>>
>>138911285
He isn't. It's just that everyone else wants to die
>>
>>138911357
your weight?
>>
>>138911454
Interesting point of view, gave me a sweet laugh.

He's still a Gary Stu.
>>
Reason why the show is so terrible because they made everyone else act like bumblings fools.
>>
>>138911357
Did you roll them in an omelette?
This is a deal breaker.
>>
File: CMOS7lxVEAANwNT.png (576 KB, 700x750) Image search: [Google]
CMOS7lxVEAANwNT.png
576 KB, 700x750
>>138911246
I want to lick Slaine's feet
>>
>>138911246
Only one would knew about wikipedia.
>>
>>138911535
around 67 kilos

I'd say my body is toned because I cycle at least a dozen kilometers every day.

I mean the eggs didn't make me smart or anything.
>>138911583
boiled/basted
>>
On one hand, it's hard to argue that he's not a Gary Stu.

On the other hand, no one on the cast was remotely interesting enough to take away from his Stuness, so why not?
>>
File: 1449028221128.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449028221128.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>138911639
>>138911639
>I mean the eggs didn't make me smart or anything.

was supposed to be spoilered
>>
>>138911246
Gary Stu.
>>
>>138911246
I guess by the finale, the eggs got cucked.
>>
File: 1420907792216.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2160) Image search: [Google]
1420907792216.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2160
These smiles can protect itself.
>>
>>138911833
Second place prize is a far better waifu than Pickles anyway.
Klangklang didn't win, the poor thing lost.
>>
>>138911639
>eggs and cycling a dozen kilometers every day

Hello long lost brother, how are you?
>>
>>138911833
He has onee-chan
Slain has onion
>>
>>138911661
Well if you take away his stuness, then fights have to be won by other characters, possibly even with teamwork. There's also the fact that he won't win or be right all the time so the series would be less predictable. You'd probably get other characters who'd shine more, and even some character development out of it. A character who can be wrong and is capable of learning from their mistakes is infinitely more interesting than a character who isn't.
>>
>>138913667
>Making character flawed and mistaking solely for purpose of having flawed and mistaking character so people wouldn't call him mary sue.
Not all authors are this pathetic.
>>
>>138911246
It's a prerequisite of being a Gary Stu
>>
>>138913759
But Inaho was boring to watch, that's the point.
Marito should've had his time to shine, Rayet and Inko too. Some of Earth's main characters should have died so Inaho changes, not just Okisuke.
>>
>>138913846
>Inaho was boring to watch
In your opinion. You may have the wrong idea because of how toxic the threads have become but not everyone thinks that way.
>>
>>138911246
A stupid author can't write a genius character. So he drops down the IQ of everyone else below their shoe size.

That way MC looks competent with just common sense.
>>
>>138913667
>fights have to be won by other characters, possibly even with teamwork
That's exactly how Inaho wins most if not all of his fights. He also keeps destroying his units in battle because they're so weak. The one that usually can take a single foe or an entire fleet by himself without any help through the power of plot is Slaine. Don't forget that Inaho was a trained military pilot, he had weekly training sessions for mecha piloting. Meanwhile Slaine is a lowly servant that is supposed to spend his entire day tending to counts but somehow also knows how to pilot and repair a Carrier flawlessly and conveniently inherited an overpowered robot that allows him to cheat in battle. Inaho on the other hand had to sacrifice his brain to be able to match Slaine's power and he suffers every time he uses it.

>You'd probably get other characters who'd shine more
Inaho doesn't shine, he barely shows up on screen and when he does, he's usually quiet or not relevant unless it's a battle. No one from the UFE shines with the exception of Rayet. Marito has a lot of focus but he isn't a very good character so you end up thinking he doesn't shine. He doesn't shine because he's weak and the producer willed it, not because of Inaho taking his screentime away.

>character development
There's plenty of it if you're paying attention.

>A character who can be wrong and is capable of learning from their mistakes
Inaho is almost always in the right but that doesn't mean he can't be wrong sometimes. He just rolls with whatever comes from his decisions and accepts things he can't change as it is which by itself is progress, as slow as it may be.

It's funny, really.
>almost invincible in battle, no teamwork required in order to win
>hogs all the screentime and doesn't let other characters shine
>a character that is almost always in the wrong but even so never learns from his mistakes
You're complaining about Inaho but this is actually a description of Slaine. Take that as you will.
>>
>>138913667
>Marito is literally the only soldier in the earth fleet that can survive in a dog fight
>MUH PTSD in every single altercation
I kept waiting for this drunkard to man up and, I dunno, at least save some kids or deal one meaningful blow to the enemy or something.
Not even once.
Not. Even. Once.
>>
>>138915327
Only part of the show that made me mad.
>>
What the hell is up with inahofags bumping this shitty thread?
Forget about aldnoah and your gary stu
>>
>Rayet didn't win the eggbowl
This is horseradish. She and Inaho had twice the chemistry of Muh Seylum. The only character who better interacted with him was his eyebot.
>>
>>138915397
I'm the one who made that Inaho post, I always sage. Maybe you should follow your own advice.
>>
>>138915397
People aren't allowed to discuss things that you dislike? Who made you the first lady of the site?
>>
>>138915268
>That's exactly how Inaho wins most if not all of his fights
Everyone just had to hold out in battle until Inaho comes and saves the day with his brilliant idea.

>Slaine is a lowly servant
Slaine was in the military since his father died, he was serving Crutheo the rest of the time because they couldn't trust a terran to wander alone around a landing castle.

>Inaho on the other hand had to sacrifice his brain to be able to match Slaine's power and he suffers every time he uses it.
In the end that meant nothing at all. He could do more calculations and had some headache, in the end that power up meant nothing and the pain had no consequences.

>Inaho doesn't shine
Inaho shined in every single battle, it was him behind every chackmate and the show makes it obvious. It made him stand out above the rest, he didn't shine outside of battle because he is a quiet character but even military superiors show him respect, he is equal to Magbaredge and outwits her in chess, he has such moments. Rayet's story was just edgy teenage drama, she was noisy, not interesting.
>>
>>138911246
It's called "When the writers try to write a smart character, but the character is far smarter than any of the writers, so they dumb down the rest of the cast to compensate" syndrome.

That's right, writers fuck up when they invent a character smarter than themselves.
>>
God I love Inaho. He's autistic and pretty amusing to watch, especially when he annoys others by being too blunt. The rare occasions when he shows emotions feel strong too.
That being said, I agree he is a bit too competent.

>>138915327
He did get his shit together by the 2nd season. He managed to stay conscious through gravitational wave fuccboi's sandstorm by using his PTSD. He's a pretty competent pilot and leader by the end.
>>
>>138915268
>The one that usually can take a single foe or an entire fleet by himself without any help through the power of plot is Slaine.

When was that? Oh right, in season 2 when he had a Vers Kataphrakt. Other counts were able to do the same, it's just the power of their Aldnoah powered units, they were one man armies.

>Slaine is a lowly servant that is supposed to spend his entire day tending to counts
Slaine was a soldier, he'd have a different uniform if he was a servant, it was confirmed in QandA that he had military training.

>Inaho doesn't shine, he barely shows up on screen and when he does, he's usually quiet or not relevant unless it's a battle.
I guess you missed all the
>what are we supposed to do! oh no!
>inaho: they way to beat this specific mech is as follows
>battle ends
Inaho stood out way too much in battle. Inaho had plenty of screentime, out of battle. He is quiet as a character so you think he isn't shining but we had Inko crushing on him the whole time ,him calming down Rayet, him perfectly saving Asseylum etc etc

>There's plenty of it if you're paying attention.
So what was his development? He warmed up a bit as a person? His backstory was never touched upon, his slightly messed up side was never properly explained like that what happened in the Kaizuka backstory novel. He became a bit better at social interaction and that's it.

>Inaho is almost always in the right but that doesn't mean he can't be wrong sometimes.
He was ALWAYS right in battle. There were no fuck ups from him. What's so interesting to see him win? The only time he lost was when Slaine shot him in the head in episode 12 and he had to spend a long time healing and that was off screen. In season two he is flawless again.

(1/2)
>>
>>138911246
A few characters were quite competent Saaz in S1 and Slaine and Harklight in S2.

It could be argued that the three counts that sided with Slaine were somewhat competent in they didn't sit and wait to be killed one by one.

Problem was he was a Gary Stu so enemies dumbed down around him and His allies had to be shit so he could do everything.

>>138915381
You have a lot of patience
>>
>>138916238
>You have a lot of patience
I turned off my brain and enjoyed it for what it is.
Cute Eggs doing cute things and Slaine suffering.
>>
>>138915682
>Everyone just had to hold out in battle until Inaho comes and saves the day with his brilliant idea.
He was a strategist. However he needed assistance to fulfill his plans, he could never win by himself.

>Slaine was in the military
I'm going to need a citation for that. Nothing implied he did military time on a regular basis.

>In the end that meant nothing at all.
I agree, it meant nothing to Slaine. He had it easy, free overpowered unit, no consequence whatsoever from using it. Inaho on the other hand permanently lost his left eye because he overused his brain. His small headache with inconsequential pain as you call it, was his brain threatening to blow up and making him pass out. He had to remove it after the war. He made up the excuse that he didn't need it anymore when he told Slaine about it, but that was a white lie. Everyone knows the real reason why he had it removed, it was explained the first time he collapsed.

>Inaho shined in every single battle
Not exactly, he had to flee and lost in some occasions and it's not like he was fighting clones of himself. The Vers opponents also had their own moments of glory. It was never the Inaho battle show. Sure, he did come up with the victory strategy, but there always other characters partaking in it. Plus, the battle screentime overall isn't that much, anyway. It's nothing compared with how much Slaine had all by himself.

I'm not saying one is better than the other. The point I'm trying to make is that when it comes to actual stuness in this show, Slaine fills most requirements perfectly.
>>
File: 1422148630636.png (1 MB, 617x1800) Image search: [Google]
1422148630636.png
1 MB, 617x1800
>>138915268
>>138916220
(2/2)

>almost invincible in battle, no teamwork required in order to win
Slaine spent the entirety of season 1 alone, season 2 he gets a Vers kat and like I said, in episode 1 we see them destroying entire cities destroying dozens of Terran kats by themselves.
In season 2 Slaine relied on Harklight and only had 2 such "invincible in battle" moments and that's when he was taking on lowly soldiers. His duel with Marry wasn't won with ease.

>hogs all the screentime and doesn't let other characters shine
Inaho was surrounded with a cast of (poorly developed) characters, Slaine was mostly alone until in season 2 Harklight and Lemrina come in.

>a character that is almost always in the wrong but even so never learns from his mistakes
This is completely wrong. What Slaine wanted was to save the princess and end the conflict, when his peaceful methods fail he becomes more ruthless.

>is almost always in the wrong
That's entirely your opinion.
>>
File: 1422066660149.jpg (142 KB, 426x624) Image search: [Google]
1422066660149.jpg
142 KB, 426x624
>>138915268
Why do Inahofags always want to push the hate on Slaine?
The post you responded to had nothing to do with Slaine, you just want to push away criticism from Inaho by pointing a finger at Slaine.
>>
File: 1417281621592.jpg (125 KB, 568x800) Image search: [Google]
1417281621592.jpg
125 KB, 568x800
Slaine?
>>
>>138917082
>bumping the shitty thread so you can respond to that slainefag

Kill yourself
>>
>>138916220
>When was that?
In season 1. Remember when he out of nowhere was an expert at Carrier piloting and pulled professional stunts? It doesn't matter it he only got the cheating robot halfway, the point still stands.

>it was confirmed in QandA that he had military training.
Like I told the other anon, do post it. Even if he did have training it only makes my stu point stronger. He might have become a professional pilot in just 2 or 3 years while Inaho and the others had military classes ever since they were in school.

>Inaho had plenty of screentime, out of battle
I don't think he did but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

>So what was his development?
He grew up. He got better at interacting with others. That's a lot of development for an introvert that barely speaks.

>He was ALWAYS right in battle
>in battle
Thank you for sparing me the trouble of explaining.

>What's so interesting to see him win?
His battles weren't interesting, they were fun. This show is supposed to be fun for the most part. It makes me feel sad knowing there's more people being angry at stupid shipping and less people having fun watching a silly cartoon.

>The only time he lost was when Slaine shot him
That isn't exactly true. In the end UFE won most of the times, but there was some kind of struggle for it to happen. For example, why was Inaho shot by Slaine? Sure, Slaine kind of rammed into Inaho's unit, but Inaho was already exhausted from fighting Saaz earlier and that definitely made him weaker. Think of it like when you're playing a game and you're fighting minibosses without being able to heal between them.

>>138916570
>In season 2 Slaine relied on Harklight
Once, to do some math. Slaine destroyed an entire base by himself. It was something so impressive it granted him instant recognition from Vers nobles.

>Inaho was surrounded with a cast, Slaine was mostly alone
This doesn't rebuke my point.

1/2
>>
File: 1409204111787.jpg (83 KB, 1000x662) Image search: [Google]
1409204111787.jpg
83 KB, 1000x662
>>138917124
The pleasure's all mine.
>>
>>138911246
He was just the autistic 2stu4u gundam MC.
>>
>>138911454
Demo please
>>
>>138916974
>Why do Inahofags always want to push the hate on Slaine?
Because Slaine bullying makes my dick hard.
>>
File: 1457892210268.png (492 KB, 602x566) Image search: [Google]
1457892210268.png
492 KB, 602x566
>>138917319
>>
>>138917434
But martians are the subhuman scum.
>>
>>138916570
>What Slaine wanted was to save the princess and end the conflict, when his peaceful methods fail he becomes more ruthless.
How does this make what I said completely wrong? Slaine's choices, the path he followed, regardless of why he followed it, was almost always in the wrong. Every time he has to choose, he chooses poorly. This is the very, whole, entire point of his character. He makes mistakes. A lot of them. And he never learns from them, he repeats them and makes it worse. Why do you think that he cries in the end? When he gave up everything because he knew this end was what he deserved after what he did. Even though he made so many wrongs someone still wanted him to be saved.

>That's entirely your opinion.
That's entirely what the show is all about. Slaine's life is a mix of Murphy's law with clouded judgment. This doesn't mean Slaine is a wrong character. He had good reasons but he made terrible choices.

>>138916974
Why do shitposters like to throw around characterfag words as if they're insults and make assumptions about everything when they don't like what they read? I like Slaine as much as I like Inaho. If you were paying attention to what you were reading instead of being so defensive you would realize I was criticizing the irony behind so many people calling Inaho a stu when Slaine is more fitting for that role.
>>
>>138917243
>In season 1. Remember when he out of nowhere was an expert at Carrier piloting and pulled professional stunts? It doesn't matter it he only got the cheating robot halfway, the point still stands.
You are ignoring how later on in my reply I said he was a soldier. Two can play this game, how was Inaho such an ace pilot? His moves might not be as flashy but he is still like a professional while Inko still struggles sometimes. He never had any issues with piloting.

I wasn't that much into Aldnoah to save all interviews and Q&As, so I'll have to give up on that.

>He grew up. He got better at interacting with others. That's a lot of development for an introvert that barely speaks.
This is exactly what I said about Inaho and it's absolutely not enough for a main character. Rayet had more character development than him.

>Thank you for sparing me the trouble of explaining.
Yes, he is clumsy when socially interacting, how terrible. So what were his huge fuck ups besides teasingly calling Inko fat?

>This show is supposed to be fun for the most part. It makes me feel sad knowing there's more people being angry at stupid shipping and less people having fun watching a silly cartoon.
This doesn't refute my point that Inaho had no struggles besides the occasional headache. I could say the same for Slaine, his battles were fun.

>cartoon
I see.

>Slaine destroyed an entire base by himself.
An unexpected attack at a base of completely average soldiers with no powerful weapon. It was nothing exceptional.

>This doesn't rebuke my point.
It means that in season 1 if we're seeing anything from the Vers side it's mostly told from Slaine's perspective so the focus is on him. On Earth we have Rayet causing drama, some exposition done by the side characters, Yuki-nee's worries for Inaho etc. In season 2 most of Slaine's interaction are the conversation with the princesses where the characters equally shine, he only stands out when talking to Harklight and Eddelrittuo
>>
>>138917584
>This is the very, whole, entire point of his character. He makes mistakes. A lot of them. And he never learns from them, he repeats them and makes it worse.

Bullshit. He made the best possible decisions with the knowledge he had at the time. I don't have any more time for this so I'll just refer you to this thread:
>>>/m/13988331
>>
>>138917767
I can't believe I fell for this bait. I spent minutes of my life, as meaningless and pointless life as it is, replying to your posts. Even though your best arguments are belittling everything I said, even though you're immaturely going in circles just to have the upper hand in a discussion that has been closed some posts ago, and even though you're not bringing anything new and only keep trashing everything I say because you're that desperate, I thought maybe something good might come out of it if I explained one last time how biased you were being and how two people are allowed to have different opinions. I actually replied to every item on this post I'm quoting and would need two posts for it. But then I looked below. So now after finishing writing this reply, I am to read a dead thread in another board, /m/ of all places, and accept that as your final answer, even though you were the one that went ahead and quoted every single sentence in my original post, as if it offended you personally. I guess I needed a reminder of why I stopped reading these threads and why I had given up hope of ever having any sort of interesting conversations in them again.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.