[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would YOU have made a new Dragon Ball show?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
File: dragon_ball_super_logo.jpg (130 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dragon_ball_super_logo.jpg
130 KB, 1280x720
How would YOU have made a new Dragon Ball show?
>>
>>138802912
Just start a new series that takes place somewhere else in the universe with all new characters. Though I might just want that because my autism demands a clean slate to get rid of all the power level inconsistencies.
>>
>>138802912
in the future Trunks timeline where there's no "undo button" ball
>>
>>138802912
I wouldn't have, and I'd have stopped after the Cell saga
>>
File: superbeta.png (1 MB, 1042x581) Image search: [Google]
superbeta.png
1 MB, 1042x581
>>138802912

a curb your enthusiasm style sitcom starring vegeta
>>
>>138803097
I would have stopped before Goku grows up.
>>
>>138802912
When characters die, they stay dead.
>>
>>138802912
50 episodes of android 18 undressing.
>>
New series where Pan is the protag and Bulla is her Vegeta style rival. They're full on main characters who surpass their fathers and go super saiyan and everything. Some of the older characters make cameos but mostly just to be jobbers.
>>
>>138802912
I won't.
>>
1,000 years after GT. Vegeta and Goku's genes have permeated the entire human race. Humans are colonizing space. Untrained Humans range in power level from 500 to 5,000. Androids manufactured by Capsule Corp(the ruling body) police the planets.

Aside from characters who don't age, the cast is completely knew.
>>
>>138805826
this
>>
File: il_570xN.676465213_nzf0.jpg (38 KB, 570x428) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.676465213_nzf0.jpg
38 KB, 570x428
>>138803727
Anon, I think you just saved anime
>>
>>138802912
I wouldn't. Buu was perfect.
>>
>>138806452
you mispelled "Cell"
>>
>>138805826
>>
File: marron a cute.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
marron a cute.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>138802912
Pan is the main character but is an adult and looks like how she does as a toddler in order to distance herself from the GT iteration. Her goal is to find Goku for reasons. He acts like him but has an inferiority complex because she cant transform.

Bulla is best friends with her but eventually gets caught up in separate adventures with Yamcha, basically reprising her mother's role. Yamcha's inevitable death(?) turns her into a super saiyan despite not being a fighter.

I don't know about Marron, she'd probably do fuck all.

Basically my ideal post DBZ Dragon Ball show would but a show about cute saiyan girls doing cute saiyan things.
>>
I would make a series about Gohan pursuing degree after degree becoming a full time student and mooching off Videl's money and mirroring Goku in neglecting his family with selfish pursuits. It would be a family drama with intense verbal fights that go on for 30 episodes
>>
>>138806657
Cell was boring.
I get the pun but for real that arc was too serious all the time. Super isn't serious enough tho.
Again, Buu did it right.
>>
File: akira.jpg (6 KB, 155x201) Image search: [Google]
akira.jpg
6 KB, 155x201
Am I the only one that thinks that there's a clash between what fans and Akira thinks what DB should be? Akira wants to make comedy but the fans want action and drama.
>>
>>138806827
I want comedy, adventure and fantasy though.
>>
>>138802912
I wouldn't have made one.
Dragonball is garbage and that money could have spent better elsewhere.
>>
By not making one. I'm sure Toriyama is raking enough money without a new show
>>
File: DBFCM_512.jpg (506 KB, 665x1024) Image search: [Google]
DBFCM_512.jpg
506 KB, 665x1024
>>138802912
Slice of life about all the characters going on little adventures during peace time.
>Goku and Krillin hanging out and reminiscing (which I did get, to be fair)
>Goten and Trunks teach marron to fly
>Gohan/Videl and Pan becoming the great Saiyafamily
>Chi-chi and Bulma going on an adventure together.
>Trunks and Goten babysitting Pan.
>Goku meeting back up with childhood friends (Snow, Upa, Launch, Arale, etc.) and seeing how they're doing.
>Son family outings, like going to the beach or having a picnic or something.
>Something good happening to Yamcha.
>Beerus and Whis just being around to eat earth food mostly and train Goku.

I just really like these characters and I honestly like them at peace as much as I like them in awesome life or death battles.
>>
>>138804642
Would watch
>>
>>138802912
I would have rebooted the series. Same characters with the same origin stories, same personalities, same goals, but every that happens after that, including how those characters meet, is an entirely different and new story.

The series starts before Planet Vegeta was blown up, Bardock is there, Saiyan culture is explored further, Freeza's empire is explored further, then Freeza blows up the planet, and the next arc is Kid Goku arc. Then it just follows Goku til he is an adult.
And periodically OVAs are released where Goku is not the main character but another interesting character is explored, for example an OVA on Freeza's origin and establishing his empire.
>>
>>138802912
hiring an animator

i'm already miles ahead of db super
>>
>>138806827
I want a balance between good comedy and drama. Action should always acompany the drama considering it's a martial arts comedy.
>>
>>138807001
Why every series that is made by Toei has shitty animation? They should have more money than all other studios combined.
>>
In the sequel I wrote in my head I made the main characters Marron, Uub, Pan and Bra.

Marron is basically Krillin except more materialistic. She's also really socially awkward due to being raised on a deserted island (which is why she has no friends her own age). I came up with some bullshit explanation that 18's modified cellular structure and infinite ki made her ridiculously good at using ki. So she's relatively weak physically, but she can use the Kaioken and eclectic ki attacks to keep up with others.

Bra is just Vegeta but a little girl. She is proud of her Saiyan heritage even though she has no idea what the Saiyans actually were and will just ignore anything Vegeta tells her that conflicts with her imagination. Really she just likes beating people up and being a space princess. Also she has a tail, because that makes things more interesting.
>>
>>138807217
>They should have more money than all other studios combined.
The reason they have so much money IS because their series look like shit.
>>
Bulma devises a scavenger hunt to see who can find the dragonballs following her clues. The Z-fighters break up into teams we don't normally see and battle each other to get them. The only rule: No Super Saiyans.

Little do they know that while they're playing their game, a new threat is gathering the dragonballs for their own nefarious purposes.
>>
People just fucking fight and they don't use laser pew-pew instead of energy blasts.
>>
>Gohan becomes stronger than Vegetto, reaches Super Saiyan God Mystic Super Saiyan 3.
>Goku stays dead for whatever reason but is somehow able to not die to stay a "perfect father".
>Then we come into a loophole because Gohan has to kill the main villain, but Vegeta also has to kill the main villain.
>Then after everything, Broly comes in with an unexplained Super Saiyan God Mystic Legendary Super Saiyan 3 and kills everyone with Pantera playing in the background.
>But Goku still can't come back and help, because the fans dictated that Toriyama keep writing forever and Goku was always the lead so now he can't be the lead.
>All intended to be rated M with little to no comedy, just bloodbaths
>Oh yeah, double the Bruce Falcouner soundtrack. Oh it's a manga? Triple it.
>>
>>138808962
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsVKMJTAcZk
E P I C
>>
>>138802912
I would have moved into the future with a weaker hero and lower power levels. Not kept on going with Goku.
>>
>>138802912

Retire the original cast and bring in a new generation of z-fighters for every new series.

Turn it into Yugioh or Gundam.
>>
I need the quality DragonBall Super anime, quick!

Praise the lord senpai
>>
You can't just get rid of the old cast, they have to go somewhere. Sure you could kill off Goku and Vegeta with old age, but Piccolo has hundreds of years left at least and Buu and 18 are immortal.
>>
Three simple things.
1. Fresh batch of characters.
2.Every character is relevant.
3.Fighting is based on tactics and skill, not who screams the loudest or has the biggest muscles.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 299x391) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 299x391
>>138808962
>Super Saiyan God Mystic Super Saiyan 3

Are you autistic?
>>
>>138806827
>fans want action and drama
This is so wrong, it's disgusting. If anything, the amount of drama in the original manga was more than enough. Otherwise it would have been way too cheesy.
Buu saga did it right, as this anon>>138806748
wrote.
>>
In all honesty?

Just base it off of Dragonball Multiverse. The series is good enough to please most of the fans, especially the ones that want their epic what-if fights and such. Alternate-Bra(Daughter of Vegeto) may really piss some people off, but damn, it's not like she's Felicity from Arrow. She at least IS trying to be an overall better person, and her importance on the story may be more minimal than we think.

Personally I do like some of the things in BotG/Super, but I'd really have to choose Dragonball Multiverse instead if I could
>>
>>138810594
Multiverse is a boring story with shitty movie villains and almost no plot. Everything is so by-the-book that nothing interesting is allowed to happen. It's been 8 fucking years and the only interesting thing to happen was that anticlimactic Buu vs Vegetto fight.

Don't get me wrong, it's a million times better than anything Toei has ever done, but it's still not good.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.