[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do they have to change almost fucking everything of the original
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: shitimation.png (72 KB, 900x264) Image search: [Google]
shitimation.png
72 KB, 900x264
Why do they have to change almost fucking everything of the original material?
>>
>>138796274
What did they do this time? Remove honorifics or we are still caring way too much about that one bad Prison School dub line?
>>
>>138796274
Stop making these threads, /v/ermin.
>>
>>138796380
EVERYTHING, they cannot even leave the original soundtrack alone
>>
>>138796380
Probably another retard who thinks a good translation is looking up each word in an English-Japanese dictionary and just doing a one-for-one exchange.
>>
So they are like niggerstream I take it
>>
>>138796274

I remember one of their writers saying his philosophy was 'The dub is supposed to make you laugh, the sub is supposed to explain the joke'.

I think what he meant is that the dub is supposed to appeal to a western audience that isn't deep into Japanese culture. The sub however is supposed to be as strict of a translation as possible, even if it doesn't make sense to the average viewer.

That being said they do occasionally fuck shit up. A couple of Suzuha's lines in Steins;Gate are out of character and the whole Gamergate thing was a fucking fiasco.
>>
>>138796456
Original: "Professor? Now that's too much!"
Shittimation: "Hahaha, didn't you understood what I said?"
Yeah, such a good translation...
>>
If you're a paying customer, then go complain directly to them.

If you're an internet pirate like the rest of us, then you get what you paid for.
>>
>>138796451
FUNishit keeps the soundtrack these days.

This isn't the old days with that awful DBZ dub
>>
>>138796654
I doubt the original was in English.
>>
>>138796815
Looks like the first line is a translation, while the second is Funimation's fanfiction rewrite.
>>
>>138796977
No shit.
>>
>>138796660
Didn't people try doing that with the Prison School thing just to get made fun of by Funi staff?
>>
>>138796618
>A couple of Suzuha's lines in Steins;Gate are out of character and the whole Gamergate thing was a fucking fiasco

Care to fill me in what did Gamergate has to do with anything about Funimation? I mean, I get it if they want to protests what a shit company Funnimation is, but why them? it's like hearing tennis players getting involved with olympic curling
>>
AWESOME SAUCE
>>
>>138797345
Long story short, the person responsible for Prison School's dub script added in a line about Gamergate that wasn't in the original script.

People rightfully criticized him for trying to push his agenda where it doesn't belong and he reacted to it by crying about mean sexists on Twitter.
>>
>>138797530
So SJWs being SJWs? why can't those people just swallow all the dicks like they clearly want to.
>>
>>138797530

I think it was more he thought it was a good joke but in reality no one likes gamergate. The real offense was that it made no contextual sense and the straight translation probably would have been funnier.
>>
>>138797809
The line was anti-GG though.

But anyway, the problem is that he felt the need to mention it in the first place not whether it was positive or negative.
>>
>>138796274
They've been doing it since the 90s and nobody gave them shit for it back then, so why should they care now?

Anyway
>dubs
There's your problem.
>>
>>138796456
Yeah, just go ahead and defend the quality of funi.
Holy shit, you must be retarded.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.