[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why arent there more series where the MC turns into a girl but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: fukigen cinderalla2.png (788 KB, 1145x1594) Image search: [Google]
fukigen cinderalla2.png
788 KB, 1145x1594
Why arent there more series where the MC turns into a girl but doesnt react like a total faggot?
>>
Ranma?
>>
>>138774228
old
>>
>>138774152
>the MC turns into a girl but doesnt react like a total faggot
What's the point then?
>>
>>138774263
watching him be a non-faggot
>>
>>138774404
Sounds boring desu.
>>
>>138774450
>MC turns into a girl
>shamelessly abuses it to get advantaes in life
So yeah basically like Ranma, but in a different setting. Would pick up
>>
>>138774152
Hold on. By "react like a total faggot", do you mean not instantly wanting to fuck guys and be completely feminized (which I guess makes him a faggot from a male standpoint) or do you mean faggot as in just acting like a retard and not doing anything interesting?

Because if you mean the former, go fuck yourself. You know if you were transformed into a hot chick you wouldn't even last a day without taking a dick.
>>
>>138774152
Shit ended far to soon and MC didn't end up with himself
>>
>>138774636
>turn into a girl
>instantly start lusting after dick
>>
>>138774152
MC shoulda stayed with the Psycho lady. She was a lot better looking compared to the slut that was going to black mail him. She also locked him up in the tower.
>>
>>138774739
A girl that is attracted to boys is actually straight. And non-H manga do have the process be gradual rather than instantaneous. You only have instant cocklust in H-manga where the characters need to get to the fucking part within a page or two from the start of the manga.
>>
>>138775254
>theres almost no series where the guy turns into a girl and then becomes a lesbian
>>
File: 144.jpg (329 KB, 1331x752) Image search: [Google]
144.jpg
329 KB, 1331x752
I imagine the story of a male /a/non who becomes female would go something like this, realistically:
>wake up and have no idea how to care for self, go to work/uni looking like shit
>spaghetti hardcore in front of friends
>become a social outcast on first day by trying to molest a female friend liek in mai japanese aneemays
>eat shit and, combined with the hygiene thing, become unattractive within a week
>within a month, is once again a loser with no friends trolling 4chan
>4chan hates you too now because you are female and could obviously have a million boyfriends and personal servants and elephants carrying palanquins and whatever else
>>
File: 1454301658404.png (797 KB, 1024x1242) Image search: [Google]
1454301658404.png
797 KB, 1024x1242
I would prefer more series where a girl turns into a boy to be honest.

Like, it could be about a tomboy who is friends with several typical MC males, and she's tired of seeing them pussy out of waifus all the time. So she magically gets turned into a guy and gets to show them how it's done.
>>
>>138775467
>Realistically
>/a/non having friends

you done goofed right there.
>>
>>138774152
FAGGOT READ MY FUCKING MIND i was going to start one of these threads, but more along the lines of "gender bender that aren't shit"
>>
>>138775439
Practically every series where the MC can switch forms only has them show interest solely in women. Focusing on only those where there is a permanent transformation gives the following:
- The MC becomes a couple with a guy in Boy Meets Girl Girl Meets Boy (guy was originally a girl), Idol Pretender, Kanojo ni Naru Hi Another and Sekainohate de Aimashou. The MC falls in love with a guy and shows no interest in girls, but doesn't hook up with him, in Artificial Maiden, Nozomu Nozomi and Remix Heart.
- Boku Girl could theoretically go either way since the MC likes both. Megu Milk has the MC fall in love with a guy who gets turned into a girl. Someone on /a/ said that in Mao Marimo the MC falls in love with a guy but it hasn't been translated so I have no idea how it ends.
- The MC is Tsukiyo no Fromage only shows interest in girls. In Asuka Hybrid the MC shows interest in girls (as well as to a trap but that's because he looks like a girl). In Kashimashi the MC hooks up with a girl. Panikuru Iko-san was pretty short but the MC only appeared to like women. Conveni-N also has the MC be in love with a girl and it's implied they hook up.

If we exclude the uncertain and borderline stories, the ratio is 6 to 4. The difference in number of non-H manga where the MC likes men isn't very big compared to liking women.
>>
>>138775467
>>become a social outcast on first day by trying to molest a female friend liek in mai japanese aneemays
That's assuming we're not only socialable, but also have female friends. Don't you think, that's a bit too far-fetched?
If anything, all of our friends would probably start to grope us.
>>
>>138775467
/a/non
>having friends
>having work
>>
>>138775467
>implying I wouldn't try to lure all the London anons into my den of sin
>>
>>138774152
Pretty Face
I think that's what it's called. Manga by the MxO guy.
>>
>>138776463
The MC of that is a trap. He had the face of a girl due to plastic surgery but the rest of his body was male.
>>
>>138774152
Because anybody who would write in gender bending is a faggot by default.
>>
>>138775254
>my body changed into a woman, but my heart too
Straight like a post-op transfemale.
>>
>>138776619
Equating a magical transformation into a biological woman with sex reassignment surgery does seem pretty silly. Besides, Mai's soul also gradually turned female after her body was transformed into that of a girl.
>>
>>138776679
Why is it though? Isn't Platinum the same thing? Or maybe that's just 3 souls in one body.
>>
>>138776731
Two souls really since Trinity's soul is in Platinum's staff. Maybe the difference is due to the fact that Luna, the female soul, is the dominant one and thus Sena, the male soul, doesn't really spend much time active in their female body. Mai on the other hand experiences life as a woman full time.
>>
>>138775467
Assuming the male /a/non is the stereotypical /a/ user.

If you assume they're just an average person who happens to like anime a lot though, it gets so much more interesting - and varies on the details. Does the universe change so they were always a girl, or is it a curse like in Ramna 1/2 (an example of a non-faggot protagonist, btw)?

Seriously, if I suddenly became a female, I would be fucked, but not for the reasons you suggest.
- Males are judged mostly by how affluence and influential they are, while Females are mostly judged by their appearance. And I have no idea how to pick a bra, or a dress, or put on makeup or anything.
- All the jobs I'm capable of holding down more or less require me to be a man.
- All my responses to social situations (insults, compliments, etc) assume I'm capable of beating the shit out of the other person - or at least giving the impression I can.

But... what about other anons?
>>
>>138776840
let me fuck u when u are woman, u are such a qt, i bet you squem qtly
>>
>>138776863
Can you really fuck twice in one night? 'cause you just did a pretty good job of fucking the English language...
>>
>>138776840
mmm da kind o' puss I like to rek
>kik me bby
>>
>>138776889
can i fuck you too anon? i will talk grammarly dirty
>>
>>138775439
Check out Kashimashi. The male part isn't long, put it's pretty fun.
>>
Well, this thread really went south quick.

Some good Genderbender manga (lewd or not):
- Ame Nochi Hare: bunch of guys transform into girls when it rains and revert a few hours after it clears up; they basically live both lives as guys and girls
- Ranma: Often-cited. While the transformation is not the focus a lot of the stories the series covers are about Ranma taking advantadge of the being able to change into a female body (and even using women's charms)
- Remix Heart: Guy from an assassin family who was already seen as unworthy (unmanly?) finds a magical McGuffin that permanently turns him into a girl but also gives him powerful combat abilities to compliment his assassin training. And proceeds to be a story about cute girls doing cute things (with the occassional battle).

Eromanga:
- Michael Keikaku: Punk who will flirt with any girl and then instantly dump her gets drugged for his trouble with a magical drug that turns him into the perfect girl. So much he is attracting rapists everywhere and has to be sent to an all-girls school where he learns proper girly/womanly manners (might aswell own it) and yet he still manages to end up involved situations where a guy wants to have sex with him despite being sorrounded by women
- Nyotaika: Guy gets "blessed" by a Goddess who turns him into a girl and has the whole world remember him as a girl (except for his former female manager/boss). The first 2 volumes are self-contained, if you go past that, be aware that there-in lies madness
- Farfalla series: Same author as above. Series of doujins regarding the use of Vritual Reality as the opposite gender and how having sex in that environment may affect you in real life. Interesting for it being a different take on gender bending (using Virtual Reality).

There is a chart with all possible series/VN/etc but IIRC it's a bit outdated and mostly covers the "classics"
>>
>>138774152
Ame nochi hare
Kanojo ni naru ni

Both are great seinen manga's.
>>
>>138777315
In Remix Heart the MC family wasn't a family of assassins but rather a high-ranking noble family. Her situation was similar to that of the protagonist in Haikyo Circle, whose MC also lost her position after becoming a woman. The Remix Heart MC's problem wasn't that she was unmanly though; it's just that her father expected perfection from his heir, which of course is impossible to achieve. I liked the fact that the protagonist actually lived as a girl surrounded by other girls rather than having the MC living together with a male best friend and that she gradually adapted to life as a girl and started to think of herself as one while struggling with issues relating to how her transformation affected her identity and whether her past male self had ceased to exist and been replaced.

Nyotai-ka technically isn't eromanga even though the MC does have sex. The MC's denseness and the fact that everyone wanted to fuck her did annoy me.
>>
>>138777549
Both of those are actually Shoujo manga.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.