[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gunnm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9
Where did Team Pixie Dust release Mars Chronicle 13a+b and 14a+b...? Also, Gunnm general.
>>
battle angels still going on?
did she finish that tournament and get her ass to mars?
mars chronicle kinda implies she did
>>
Those generals are rare as fuck. Nothing beats the original 9 volumes Gunnm.
>>
>>138774832
Everyone pretty much stopped caring.
>>
Does anyone else strongly dislike the direction the series took after volume 5 (after Zapan)?

Up to that point I thought I was enjoying a gritty cyberpunk drama set in an ruthless, hostile, oppressive, and uncaring world showing what it means to "be" as a person in terms of past, personality, motivation, etc. but suddenly it became a quirky battle manga featuring an invincible bipolar girl who never seems to learn from any of her experiences with a setting that flies past science fantasy into total nonsense.

My engagement with the story took a nosedive when the rebuilt psychotic happy-go-lucky Alita fell in love with a knucklehead comedy character in the span of a few days they knew each other and my will to continue reading at all died when she was fighting asspull "Space Karate" masters while being lectured on the nature of fighting by the ghost of a faux-Nazi instructor she killed a few chapters ago within minutes of meeting him for the first time. What the hell.
>>
>>138776430
Also that male Alita.

What the fucking point?
>>
>>138777140
>>138776430
Gunnm lost direction a long time ago. I don't even bother anymore.
>>
File: wWBqz0P.jpg (466 KB, 1280x820) Image search: [Google]
wWBqz0P.jpg
466 KB, 1280x820
Here's something interesting about the first volume of Gunnm.
The sentient gun that she got recently is on it
>>
File: 3.jpg (1 MB, 1600x2228) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
1 MB, 1600x2228
>>138778267
>>
>>138773779
I wanna punch this fucking cunt
>>
>>138778357
>>138773779
Everyone's cheering that they won't release anything
because the new gunm managed to be even worse than LO
we've been through this multiple times
no one wants to read another dive into shit of what was a great series by the hand of a desperate, bitter cunt and liar author
DON'T RELEASE
DON'T TRANSLATE
WE DON'T WANT THAT SHIT
GOT THE MESSAGE?
>>
>>138778594
Speak for yourself.
>>
>>138778731
I'm speaking for myself and also stating the sum of the opinions of the people that came in the old alita threads.
Nobody wants that crap, if you're a dumb retard with zero taste or even worse some goon that's displaying his loyality to that human turd of Kishiro, then fuck you
>>
File: pp002-003.jpg (465 KB, 1739x1249) Image search: [Google]
pp002-003.jpg
465 KB, 1739x1249
>>138773779
havent seen 14b yet . theyre up to 14a though
>>
File: 1432415685785.jpg (27 KB, 500x416) Image search: [Google]
1432415685785.jpg
27 KB, 500x416
>>138778267
>>138778357
That's pretty neat. Too bad nobody cares anymore.
>>
>>138776430
But there's a part of me that thinks that it's my expectations that were wrong. Where I saw an expanded Texhnolyze, what I should've seen is Gurren Lagann.
>>
File: 1379025009333.png (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1379025009333.png
1 MB, 1920x1200
>>138778267
all my copies are sitting in storage. nice catch
>>
>>138773779
Is there any batch of all Last Order chapters up until now?
I think I missed the last two years or so.

>Mars Chronicle
Wait, they finally reached Mars? Holy shit.

>>138776430
I enjoyed it much more when it was about exploration of a quirky and somewhat disturbing cyberpunk setting.
However, it's become so batshit insane that I can't help but enjoy it anyway. It manages to make plausible insanity its setting, with the Desty Nova lunacy and the brainswap shit and stuff.
>>
>>138778906
>>138778594
Why don't you let people form their own opinions?
You are like those salty fucks that complain about Nanoha Force and then hype Vivid.
>>
So,i finished the original Gunnm and while the ending was rushed as fuck i feel like it was a decent enough closure for the series. Should i go ahead and read Last Order or let it rest as is? Everyone seems to go on about a Namek-tier tournament arc.
>>
>>138780855
Last Order is really fucking ridiculous, but not necessarily in a bad way.
However, the tournament arc lasts way too fucking long, even if it has some interesting characters. Including a dick-monster made from nanomachines to mock organic life.
>>
>>138781105
Does it expand the story (particularly Tiphares and the Mars stuff) in a meaningful way or is it mostly filler?
>>
>>138781217
The scanlations got inaccessible to me before they reached Mars, so I can't say anything about that part.

The setting is expanded. The story... No fucking idea, because most of the chapters are tournament chapters. Tiphares is left behind early in LO and then the manga continues on a space station with an oppressive government that uses the tournament as a means to subdue protest.
>>
>>138781461
I suppose i'll give it a go. Are the tournament fights decent enough ?
>>
>>138781655
>Are the tournament fights decent enough ?
I enjoyed them. The author doesn't give a fuck about making it too shonen, so one guy can punch enough to destroy the entire space station because fuck balance.
Alita also fights a 700 year old vampire woman and finds a friend who specializes in explosives and guns.
And then there's the serial rapist cyborg contestant.
If nothing else, I'd read it for the variety.
>>
So, what's the currently best way to read manga in general and this one in specific?
I've been out of the scanlation loop for quite a while.
At this point I don't even feel downloads to be a complete necessity.
>>
>>138779718
>>138776430
I dunno about you guys, but I though Gunnm was gonzo and batshit from the beginning. Sure they ramped up the stakes and insanity but there wasn't a huge shift in tone or anything. It was never gritty and realistic like Pluto.
>>
>>138782486
Actually, it was gritty as fuck from the get-go.
But I agree that it was never realistic. It just used to be street level, but now the story is more like a high level D&D campaign.
Instead of ramshackle bodies that disintegrate upon hitting a dude once, we now have people who consciously destabilize their internal antimatter reactors to punch people really hard.
>>
File: DocNova001.jpg (103 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
DocNova001.jpg
103 KB, 1600x900
I clicked on this thread for the flan
>>
>"at least we got to say goodbye"
>>
>>138775539
well the new ending from new order it's honestly way better.
>>
inb4 thread archived
>>
File: 1429878044616.jpg (306 KB, 2019x1400) Image search: [Google]
1429878044616.jpg
306 KB, 2019x1400
final bump
>>
>>138788672
Nigger, give me a place to read the manga and I'll have discussion material for you.
I got dozens of chapters to read until I catch up.
>>
Just go to the scanlators forum and download the releases from the threads.
>>
>Alita is from a branch family of one of Mars' ruling duchies

Why couldn't she just be some fucking urchin?
>>
>>138785070
It's pretty much the same ending.
Just with less flower symbolism, and a flesh'n'blood Alita going down to earth to live with figure 4 and a now full robo Alita going to Mars.
>>
>>138788928
They finally re-instated that system?
Back when chapter 110 or so was around, they stopped posting the downloads.

Now I'll hunt down the site. It was something like "crazyankan", right?
>>
>>138788953
Because a major part of her character is about being trained in an elite martial art and part of an elite cyborg force?
Connections help with that kind of shit.

Aren't urchins all murdered in war games on Mars?
>>
>>138789318
>Aren't urchins all murdered in war games on Mars?

That's 200 years later. Yoko's flashback Mars is still ruled by 18 duchies and is yet to get utterly rekt by terraform wars. In present times there's only Martian kingdom, neo-nazies and various puppet regimes propped up by the likes of Venus and Jupiter.
>>
>>138789264
Ok, so I found out which group continued the scanlations, but I cannot find their website. Instead I find something about cancer.
>>
File: Nova_flan.jpg (12 KB, 200x288) Image search: [Google]
Nova_flan.jpg
12 KB, 200x288
>>138782824
Flan would bring peace to the universe.
>>
Is it worth reading the 2nd battle angel alita, where she ventures to find out her past on mars? Tried reading it after finishing the first and had trouble dealing with the retcons
>>
>>138793313
>she ventures to find out her past on mars?
yeah that never happens
last orders a huge tournament arc with a fucklong vampire flashback in the middle of it.
its interesting but if you actually expect stuff to be answered its not going to happen.
>>
>>138793313
>retcons
You mean the simple disregard of the chapters that the author wrote when he was on his deathbed, only to survive and write a continuation that continues without the rushed ending?

Also, most of that ending actually happens anyway.

It's just that Alita doesn't magically get a body from a space flower, but rather she gets reconstructed from her brain. Also, there's a copy of her running around on Mars, which has a brain chip instead of a brain.
>>
>>138777140

Male alita ends up being one of the best characters in the franchise though. Next to Desty and maybe Zekka.

I pretty much agree with the sentiment here >>138779718
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.