[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
has manga/anime affected your life in a positive way? which one/s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11
File: dtb.jpg (135 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
dtb.jpg
135 KB, 1920x1200
has manga/anime affected your life in a positive way? which one/s and how?

i'll refrain from posting first to avoid >blog
>>
It hasn't, and it never will.
>>
It made me more social. I was the edgy kid that hated group projects, thought that I can do everything on my own and don't need anybody else in my life. Then I learnt about the power of friendship and decided to change my ways.
>>
>>138733260
Only in that I enjoy reading/watching it and posting here. Otherwise no.
>>
>>138733260
No. It's the reason I'm a worthless NEET.
>>
>>138733260
>affected your life in a positive way?
what the fuck does this even mean
>>
It allowed me to spend time enjoying and watching anime.
Experiences of any kind are better than sitting around or jacking off I guess.
>>
>>138733615
for me, One Piece broke down my social inhibitions and gave me a giant raging metaphorical boner for friendship.

The longer I kept reading One piece, the more i noticed that when I'm around my group of friends my state of mind is akin to being drunk: I'm happier, giddier, and speak far more and about a wider range of topics than in other situations.

This is a group where only 1 other person shares my interest in anime and games and yet we've been arranging meetups, despite our separation due to jobs, at every opportunity we can for almost a decade now.

I legitimately fucking love my friends and wouldn't trade them for all the waifus in the world. Without One Piece, I'd likely have isolated myself and avoided nurturing these friendships.
>>
>>138733541
kek
>>
>>138733260
it turned me into an even bigger pervert, giving me more and more fetishes

positive? you decide
>>
File: 1442514724023.jpg (119 KB, 779x763) Image search: [Google]
1442514724023.jpg
119 KB, 779x763
Made me forget my troubles and made me feel warm inside.
>>
File: lookbacknangst.jpg (51 KB, 600x460) Image search: [Google]
lookbacknangst.jpg
51 KB, 600x460
>>138733260
The whole of Parasyte influenced my early childhood philosophies a lot (for the better, I think), the BLACK JACK anime that was out at the time taught me that it was cool to do awesome shit just to forget about it completely and move on to other awesome shit, and TWGOK reassured me that thinking about social situations strategically and in a completely removed way didn't necessarily make me a TOTAL freak, and that some people would think it was cool, which gave me some of the incentive I needed to get popular in high school.
How can you faggots not learn anything from these cartoons which benefit from millennia of chinese wisdom?
>>
>>138733874
This. YrYr has a calming effect on me. I'm a massive hypochondriac, and whenever I have a really bad episode, I just start watching it, and I calm down immediately. It's amazing.
>>
>>138733260
Ironically it was the one you posted. When I watched Hei flip that wok like a madman near the end of season 1 I felt like I had to learn how to cook chinese food and now I actually enjoy cooking.
>>
I almost joined an anime club once. I was hovering outside the back door every week, afraid to go in. I eventually got noticed by the vidya club that was next door, who invited me to play Melee. I still have those college friends ten years later, and I went from being an autistic mute, to someone who's half-functional. We basically poached all the good members away from that anime club.

Anyway, one of the big reasons I was even there, iirc, was Haruhi. The idea that someone would want to be friends with you BECAUSE you were a mute, BECAUSE you were a transfer student, was really pretty uplifting, and it made me want to try and find a club. Something safe and structured, but still social.
>>
>>138733827
I'm really glad to hear that these kinds of messages got through to someone. I've never really understood NEET (other than moefags), given how much the medium pushes the value of bonds over literally everything else.
>>
>>138733953
>NEET (other than moefags)
What.
>>
File: 62748.jpg (26 KB, 285x281) Image search: [Google]
62748.jpg
26 KB, 285x281
>>138733827
>friends
>>
File: 1440697565912.jpg (75 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1440697565912.jpg
75 KB, 1280x720
>>138733874
This. Nothing like popping on a good SoL after a long hard day.
>>
>>138733995
I don't understand how you could be a NEET when you obsess over anime unless you're into moe and moe alone, which is obviously over-idealized and only encourages relationships with cute little girls. What what?
>>
File: luffy.jpg (416 KB, 1560x1200) Image search: [Google]
luffy.jpg
416 KB, 1560x1200
>>138733953
yeah. it's easily one of the best things to ever happen to me.

it affected my actions as well. As I progressed in One Piece, I started to desire the kinds of friends Luffy made: a group of people with different interests, values, beliefs, and attitutes that nevertheless enjoyed the company of each other.

I only recent noticed that I had subconciously adopted many of Luffy's personality traits when interacting with my friends and I firmly believe that this turned me into the glue that kept us together for so long.
>>
File: shirou.png (737 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
shirou.png
737 KB, 800x600
Reading the Fate/stay night VN made me work out harder. All of those vivid descriptions of how much Shirou strains himself and constantly pushes himself past his limits makes me think that the pain I feel means literally nothing in comparison.

Especially when I jog I would think about running through the Einzbern forest, and how Shirou fucking sprinted for hours through it in Heaven's Feel.

And if I really think I can't go on anymore, I hear "Can you keep up with me?"
>>
>>138734008
You just need to fnd the right people. The world isn't divided into the worthless and the normies alone.
>>
>>138734117
Some of us grew out of prepubescent delusions of grandeur and moved on to delusions of paternity.
>>
>>138734146
I have friends from college that continue to include me in their activities. I elect to avoid them because I find their company tiring and nothing enriching. Some of us just reach a point where friendship is a chore. Especially when they are normalfags.
>>
>>138734156
I know that's the Japanese target audience, but I never thought they were the primary consumers in the west as well. I always figured it was a bunch of lolicons, but I guess you guys'd probably get that a lot.
>>
NHK made me want to kill myself
>>
>>138734194
Eh, understandable. Always best to keep an open mind though; most people'd be surprised at the kinds of people who're out there.
>>
>>138733260
>Black Star for wanting to become muscular and strong despite being small before
>Sanji, Shirou, and Hei for wanting to be able to cook well
>Shirou made me want to be a better person in general; always trying to help out everyone possible
>Kaneki made me develop his knuckle cracking habit. I don't know if this is a positive thing but I can't stop doing it now, even if I want to

I'm pretty sure there's a LOT more that I can't recall off the top of my head, since I tend to copy a lot of habits from the characters that I like into my own. And over the years it just turns into actual habits that I do.
>>
>>138733260

DBZ got me into working out.
Mobile Suit Gundam got me interest in military history.
Madoka made me a supporter of gay marriage.
>Inb4 they're not gay
>>
File: brother.jpg (16 KB, 704x392) Image search: [Google]
brother.jpg
16 KB, 704x392
>>138733260
This actually reminds me of something.
When my brother was younger, I started him on anime. I'd told him that if he ever got scared, just imagine what one of your favorite characters would do and you don't have to be afraid, because they're there with you.
He just lost his virginity as Jotaro.
>>
>>138734146
>normies
Fuck off /r9k/.
>>
>>138734370
>/rk9/
Actually, no. The phrase is just used a lot off of 4chan now.
>>
>>138734347
ebin meming friend
>>
>>138734362
>He just lost his virginity as Jotaro.
Elaborate.
>>
>>138734390
That's even worse. Fuck off.
>>
>>138733260
Grew up surrounded with animu/mango since 3 years old. It spiced up my life.

It was the source of my creativity in primary school and sharpened my chuuni edginess in junior high.
Got me into my first relationship in highschool.

Most importantly, the whole thing taught me to be true to myself when I went abroad for uni.

Blogshit incoming

>junior college days. Kind of struggled with chuunishit and became a tryhard normalfag
>mocked the startup anime club people, thinking they're a bunch of low power level weebs with their laughable genshiken ideals
>pretended that I didn't know shit about weeb stuffs and made fun of people who jerk off to cartoons, even though I AM one
>surprisingly became a popular guy and got my own harem
>was so full of myself, harem eventually thought of me as a pompous jerkass
>Everyone split after junior college, was soul-crushingly alone in my uni program after a failed attempt at being a normalfag
>desperately needed a place to weeb out, realized that I was lying to myself all along
>got into uni anime club's second generation members as a low profile guy, slowly opening up to them and just be true to myself
>got a second chance at harem life. Stepped back and friendzoned everyone by declaring my undying love for 2D
>now an alumni and still have a great relationship with the anime club people. 7 years strong.
>turns out the club founders were right about their genshiken ideals
>>
>>138734403
He was nervous, so he steeled himself.
He told me the first thing he aid after they finished was YYD.
>>
I remember watching TTGL before I moved and changed high-schools.

I would cross my arms constantly and made sure I was always standing/sitting up straight. It probably made me look a bit more respectable. It surely didn't help me talk to anyone.

God I was such a fucking faggot.
>>
>>138733260
So you won't blog to let others blog?
>>
I told people my real name was wolfwood
>>
>>138734588
BADASS
Also, autistic.
>>
Well, I've been living in Japan for 15 years and loving it, so...
>>
>>138734194
Achieving enlightenment is truly a burden few can withstand
>>
>>138733260
I'm still alive
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 355x656) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 355x656
>>138733260
I lost my dream during high school
Anime kept me from suicide, also gave me interest to japanese, and by some chances the high school I was attending just started Japanese Class and became the only thing I was good at
I continue learning japanese during college days
And now, I live in Japan, pursuing my new dream, and everything goes well as of today
>>
If I dont watch anime in the spirit of GTO, logh, mushishi and such, I easily fall back to being myself and not caring. Anime about great people being great brings me the little energy in me to achieve things and get shit done.
GTO definetly helped me realize I can change myself to be less shit
>>
Been sad for 3 month, didn't watch anime during these 3 months after finished Darker Than Black
>>
>>138733260
The anime in your pic related really helped with the following:

>offered me exceedingly restful sleeps
>helped break my binge watching an entire series beginning to end since it took me like two weeks to finish
>>
File: 1351743969842.jpg (29 KB, 499x500) Image search: [Google]
1351743969842.jpg
29 KB, 499x500
>>138736993
>Anime kept me from suicide
You know 4chan is above 18 years old only, right?
Get work and make money for your parent first then talk about suicide, manchild
>>
>>138738427
Did you even read my post until finish?
That happened when I was 15, and watching anime is quite fun and stopped me from suicide attempt
Now I have a happy life, of course I don't wanna suicide anymore
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.