[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AJIN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
File: tumblr_o1vca10ZGM1qlyd29o1_1280.jpg (362 KB, 576x864) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1vca10ZGM1qlyd29o1_1280.jpg
362 KB, 576x864
So I binged through what episodes are out so far.. and it's amazing! Haven't seen a thread about it so what does /a/ think about Ajin?
>>
I have also been thinking about looking into the manga.. SO spoil me like you grandchildren! Does this series get even better?!
>>
>>138690687
People hate it because of the animation.
>>
>>138690956
not everyone.
>>
>>138691032
Is the animation like Sidonia's
>>
>>138691106
made by the same studio
>>
>>138691032
Most people.
>>
>tumblr
>>
>>138691494
>found on google images
>>
CGshit at 5 frames per second. Story is decent. Read the manga.
>>
>>138690636
I think it's not bad. The direction is pretty good but the choice of CG turned off many.
>>
It's just ok.
>>
>>138691942
It doesn't matter, tumblr pictures are low quality and resized. Don't post that shit.
There are better sites for that.
>>
I've started to read the Manga because of the Anime.

It's pretty good. I don't mind the CG, in fact, I prefer it when it comes down to the fight scenes simply because we don't have that whole Power Point Presentation bullshit.
It was a bit weird to get used to, but it's fine all in all.
>>
>>138690687
It gets pretty good. Me here;
>>138692323
As I said, I've started to read the mangos. MC starts to be able to summon a tonne of Black Ghosts at the same time.
Satou also goes in a few insane, over the top massacres. One involving a helicopter.
>>
manga is bad
movie was horrible
anime seems like cgi bullshit too
>>
>>138691354
I know that, but is the quality like Sidonia? I heard is awful.
>>
CG = no watch. The only show that had good enough CG for me to actually watch it was Etotama but I dropped that for unrelated reasons.
>>
File: 1455092808949.jpg (17 KB, 185x278) Image search: [Google]
1455092808949.jpg
17 KB, 185x278
>>138690636
I can barely get through episodes at this point. It's pretty much edgy shounen shit meant to impress 12 year olds. I have nothing against the animation style tho i don't think it matches the setup quite as well as it did in sidonia. Only thing redeeming it is the sound direction. The story starts off with an interesting premise but then falls off along the way.
>>
>>138692982
>edgy shounen shit

That's exactly what I thought it would be one episode in while going into the show blind. MC avoided any "crawling in my skin" moments though and has been rational as fuck so far so I fail to see your point.
>>
File: 1452962783515.jpg (569 KB, 2000x1900) Image search: [Google]
1452962783515.jpg
569 KB, 2000x1900
>>138692830
>CG = no watch

Look at this pleb. Look at him and laugh.
>>
>>138693299
I wasn't referring to the MC when i claimed edgy, i was referring to the show as a whole. Like i said the premise is interesting, and i understand why the government and pharmaceutical companies would exploit Ajin. But why everyone is so fearful and hateful towards them seems to be way out of bounds, not being considered human and all that. I can't empathize with that at all and at the same time i can't empathize with how Satou handle's things. He may be a maniac, sure, but it still seems far fetched.

Also it seems really slow paced for a 12 episode flick. The MC is currently dicking around in the country side and on the premise of him being rational which is why people seem to like him or whatever, he won't be asked to do anything. But you just know someone will tag along and motivate him with some crap related to his sister that is still in town or something will happen to her due to one of Satou's genocidal incidents and he will come rolling back. So where is the mistery, i ask? If this happens then you get the feeling that you have seen this crap before but done far better, and if it doesn't what is there left to expect?
>>
>>138690687
Just read it for the /k/ shit. Story is balls, though
>>
>>138690636
It is Tokyo Ghoul done better
The story and characters are better than Tokyo Ghoul
>>
>>138692753
>I heard

Sidonia quality was even shittier.
>>
>>138693487
Ummm that seems like the most normal progression in todays society everyones going to die whereas seemingly don't, you think the normal population wouldn't be afraid and of Ajins, the same population that finds it very easy to demonise some for their skin colour etc.
>>
File: [Robots intensifies].png (36 KB, 121x286) Image search: [Google]
[Robots intensifies].png
36 KB, 121x286
>That moment when Sato rammed a fucking airplane into a building.

The fucking madman
>>
>>138693487
>motivate him with something related sister

His sister literally never show up anymore and the best thing about the MC is he never tried to change his "edgy" way and the characters around him actually fine with it.
>>
Pros: This manga has some great characters like Ogura (non traditional character who reacts unexpectedly to Nagai and has some great chemistry with the protagonist) and Sato (pulls fun GOAT stunts and is incredibly manipulative but he has a streak of human in him). There are also good characters like Shimomura who has an interesting background and Tanaka who has relatable struggles.

The world is interesting although the manga is quite unrealistic. It's refreshing to see a manga with characters affected by obstructive bureaucrats on both sides, however and it's good to see that characters are interested in money even though the manga takes this to absurd levels.

Cons: It has some real shitters like Nagai (who is a boring manipulative, unappreciative and cowardly dick who behaves like a sociopathic school bully). Nagai likes to shit nonstop on people and is an extremely unlikable protagonist beginning from the torture arc, but luckily he's not a >muh honour MC come shonen hero which would have made this manga intolerable.

Kaito who literally gets replaced by a Ko who is basically his Ajin clone plotwise and the author has no idea what the fuck to do with Kaito and has put him with a bullshit Deus Ex Ajin as his get out of jail card.

Tosaki is another one of those unlikable, whiny, hypocritical douches and edgy fucks with an insecurity complex who tortures people for no reason. His only redeeming factor is that he partners with Shimomura who he has great character chemistry with. For this reason and his somewhat more sympathetic motivations, he is a little better than Nagai.

Bottom line: Sato would have made a much better main character than Nagai.
>>
>>138694604
The manga itself: It's worth reading if you like a Tokyo Ghoul-esque plot however I would greatly recommend TG over this because every character tends to get characterisation whereas in this the characters that get characterisation tend to get it written a bit better than TG characters. TG is also better organised whereas this manga tends to go for chapters without mentions of specific characters and initially main characters like Kaito do nothing but twiddle their thumbs because the author has no idea what to do better than them.

Tosaki's situation is a bit better than the CCG in TG (the latter of which appears to be provisioned with unlimited forces/troops).

Art in Ajin is technically good but the scenes tend to be drawn in quite a stilted manner whereas TG has a much better flow and is drawn more dynamically. Gore detailed designs are better in Ajin than TG.

Nagai is an inferior protagonist to Kaneki however Tosaki can definitely trump Arima who has literally no personality in TG.

One of the things that Ajin suffers is that there really aren't enough chapters finished to make this a good read.
>>
>>138694604
Agree about the part regrading Kaito. He's human so there's no way he'll survive if he's with Kei. The author doesn't want to kill him off for some reason but was probably unsure of how to deal with that so he's MIA before we find out he's in jail volumes later.

His relationship with Kei is different from Kou so Kou's not really his replacement. Keeping Kai alive better have a purpose other the killing him later for drama or some shit.
>>
>>138694717
It could have been good if they could get some kind of parallel arc going, but I feel there is a pretty significant power differential between Ajins and humans which was only exacerbated since the IBMs.

But on the other hand, compared to TG there are a number of ways to creatively trap Ajins and for Ajins to creatively use their powers. This is in opposition to Tokyo Ghoul which is mostly brute force physical attacks and the TG author doesn't seem to consider the uses of these powers deeply whereas so far Kei has been using his powers in increasing sophisticated and creative but schemes which follow the rules established in the plot. Surely Kai too could have some use in laying traps and finding ways around the powers without brute force too, but immortality and IBM sets up a pretty large gap in ability compared to TG where the gap is blurred.

Then again, the manga is still only 37 chapters long so there's still plenty of time to adress this plotwise.
>>
File: 1454793619833.jpg (371 KB, 1269x703) Image search: [Google]
1454793619833.jpg
371 KB, 1269x703
Why are all the girls in this show, angry?
>>
>>138695331
The creator can't human properly.
>>
>>138690636
I want the KKK Orgy.
>>
>>138690636
I'm alright with the animation. I like this anime.
>>
>binge
Where do these people come from? They usually post dumb shit too.
>>
File: image.jpg (223 KB, 869x1218) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
223 KB, 869x1218
>>138694186
>tfw this scene
>>
>>138698100
A cute.
>>
which should i go for; manga, anime or movie?
>>
File: l018.jpg (114 KB, 869x1279) Image search: [Google]
l018.jpg
114 KB, 869x1279
I pretty much disagree with everyone in that I think Nagai is actually an amazing protagonist. Yes, hes an unlikable asshole with very few redeeming qualities but that doesn't necessarily make him bad. Alternatively I think a sociopath who has no regard for anyone but himself is a great new way to approach this already sort of contrived story.

We've seen the "humans vs superhuman: human character suddenly changes sides" story done to death at this point in a million different forms. Tokyo Ghoul, Bleach, Shingeki no Kyojin, The Breaker etc all follow this story and it this point it becomes easy to predict how every story is gonna unfold. The main character always does valiant shit and gets more powerful as the story goes on and works to fix the ties between the two groups.

With Ajin however Nagai couldn't give two fucks about that traditional story shit and it makes this series so much more interesting and unpredictable because of it. Im not saying he or Ajin are perfect, but hes definitely not some boring "muh edgy" protagonist like people make him out to be.
>>
>>138695331
>>
>>138699063
Either but if you're going to watch, watch the TV series. It has more scenes left out in the movie and the TV series cover beyond the first movie.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.