[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anime in h.265
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: shjejnnt.jpg (24 KB, 339x206) Image search: [Google]
shjejnnt.jpg
24 KB, 339x206
How soon is now, Daiz?

Anime quality hasn't improved at all since hi10p was introduced by Daiz in 2011.

Filesizes are still huge. Moving scenes are still blocky as hell. No progress even though Hardware has taken huge leaps since 2010.

We NEED h.265 for anime, Daiz. Give it to us already.
>>
>>138625852
>We NEED h.265 for anime
For the 3 fansub groups left? Horriblesubs will still put out h.264 for its rips and is what most people use nowadays, so it won't be changing that much.
>>
>>138625852
Are you seriously this retarded or are you only pretending?
>>
>>138626237
It doesn't matter anon. If OP qualifies as the latter then that implies the former.

As for Daiz, why is one person so influential over the hobby? He just seems like another boogeyman to me.
>>
>>138626427
>As for Daiz, why is one person so influential over the hobby? He just seems like another boogeyman to me.
Because he was the one who pushed so hard for 10bit and got fansubs to start using it. At the time this got people to blame him for shitty playback for 6+ months as the standard was fairly new. It then became a meme to blame him for everything after that.
>>
>>138626427
>why is one person so influential over the hobby?
Because he used to be a very popular tripfag on /a/ until he got associated with fakku.
>>
BluRay 4K standard is h.265 10 bit, so it will happen eventually and with hardware acceleration too.
>>
>>138626427
He colected enough e-peen.
>>
>>138625852
>Filesizes are still huge
Like 30gb for 8 hours worth of content.
It's not that huge.
>>
Isn't Underwater's Ajin release with h265 though?
>>
>>138628424
>implying OP is the kind of moron that would make a thread complaining about Daiz not doing something without even bothering to look into Daiz's recent activities
That's malicious slander.
>>
>>138625852
>still trying to make Diaz shitposting threads
Get back to 2014, you ancient relict.
>>
File: image.png (179 KB, 462x450) Image search: [Google]
image.png
179 KB, 462x450
>>138625852
>Wanting to use a patent-cucked license-encumbered codec like H.265
>Meanwhile we have Daala, VPx, and Thor
I take it you like the taste of lawyer cock with your animu?
>>
>>138626427
He's a staff member for Nyaa Torrents and runs his own fansub group and does encoding for a few other subgroups besides his own. He's part of what /a/ calls the "fansub cartel," which is based out of Nyaa. He almost single handedly brought about the shift to 10bit encoding for anime due to his persistence and his influence among the cartel groups.

His group used to be speedsubbers and picked up multiple shows per season sometimes, but now speedsubbing is dead and like many fansubbers Underwater has lost most of its motivation to continue fansubbing.
>>
>>138629774
You can read the Archive, good job, now fuck off forever.
>>
>>138629809
Don't get butthurt cause I ruined your "Daiz is satan" meme, anon. The joke's old. Daiz has no more power anymore, he doesn't even post on /a/ anymore.
>>
>>138629440
>VPx
it's shit
>Daala, Thor
it's fucking nothing

>>>/g/entoo
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.