[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did you lie to me anons? This was actually really good. What's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
Why did you lie to me anons? This was actually really good. What's supposed to be wrong with it?
>>
Why did you lie to me anons? This was actually really bad. What's supposed to be right with it?
>>
>>138603922
Is this dubbed or subbed in US cinemas?
>>
>>138604194
Never mind, it was released a year ago so it must be dubbed. Would've been cool if I could watch it in a theater, the animation looks pretty.
>>
Someone spoil me about the plot and the aim of the villain so that I can be sure to not miss anything by skipping this.
>>
>>138604194
>>138604280
Both subbed and dubbed. Depends on your screening situation, ended up seeing it subbed cause most of the showings in New York City were in subs actually.
>>
>>138604028
Pretty much everything. Good characters, good animation, good music, good direction.
>>
>>138604432
Is the dub good? I think my theater is a dub and I kinda want to go see it with people.
>>
>>138604452
My only true criticism with the film is as soon as he returns to the human world after turning 17, the fun and quality of the film drop heavily until the fight for the next Lord. It picked right back up to the fun of the beginning of the movie but man that middle part was meh.
>>
>>138604625
I really liked the dub but that could be just me
>>
>>138604625
I saw it subbed, college classes and work made it so I had to go into the city later in the day and the theaters close to the train station were only showing subs past 1 PM.
>>
>>138604632
I agree, but I don't think the middle part was bad though. It's kinda a necessary step for him to return to the human world.

Actually the one thing I am disappointed with is that it's said that Kyuuta never wields a sword again. I think that's pretty much throwing away everything that happened with Kumatetsu. I'm fine with him returning to a normal human life, but "Kumatetsu lives on in his heart though he'll never use one of the most important things he learned from him again" just doesn't feel like a proper ending. If they just omitted that one line it'd be perfect.
>>
just watched this, it was good.
>>
>>138603922
People like to shit on Hosoda a lot. I think it comes from a perception that he's over-rated or receives too much acclaim, meanwhile much worse directors get more praise without the backlash. He's not really that popular so it's even more baffling.
>>
I loved this movie. It was a real treat to see it on the big screen. People didn't like it? wha?
>>
>>138605010
Let me rephrase what I said, it wasn't bad but it was a noticeable drop in quality. I still liked that part and the whole movie in general.
>>
>>138605077

I loved the early (and popular) Hosoda's works. But this was too bad.
It xas a bad remake of Rocky, but with animals, a bad guy who came out of nowhere, bad animation, bad CG, and whales.
>>
>>138605246
Drop in quality animation wise? Plot wise? It certainly isn't as energetic and fun as the beginning. It's much more serious and reading books isn't as fun as training to fight. I suppose the animation isn't as great as the beast world, but there is some nice bits of character acting in there.
>>
>>138605506
Plot wise, the stuff that happened was needed but it could've still been as enjoyable as the first act, which it really wasn't.
>>
>>138605318
Those're some pretty bad criticisms. Only thing I can agree on is the whale.

>>138605639
How would you make a young adult becoming interested in getting an education interesting then? Not trying to make excuses for it. It was pretty boring, I just don't see how you could make it not boring.
>>
>>138605763
That's actually a really valid point anon.
>>
>>138605318
>a bad guy who came out of nowhere
It was actually pretty obvious if you paid attention.
>bad animation
Disagree.
>bad CG
Barely noticed it.
>whales
This was fucking retarded.
>>
>>138603922
Where can I watch this for free
>>
>>138608061
Your home.
>>
>>138608155
link me to a site please
>>
>>138608185
No.
>>
>>138608185

google.com
>>
>>138608185
>>138587495
If you still can't find it then fuck off.
>>
>>138608268
>Doki
Fug
>>
>>138608268
>If you still can't find it then fuck off.
Big words for a man-child and remember kids, no bullying.
>>
>>138608326
You sure showed me fagtron.
>>
>>138608384
>You sure showed me fagtron.
Thinking I could do anything to you over the internet, well played sir and think literal not illogical and use real words next time unlike "fagtron".
>>
>>138608462
>sir
At least try to hide you are from reddit, you cancerous faggot.
>>
So how would you anons rank Hosoda's movies? For me it's:

Wolf Children > Bakemono no Ko > Girl Who Leapt Through Time > Summer Wars
>>
>>138603922
furryshit
>>
>>138608517
>"...reddit"
I used the term "sir" because you are implying that you're an adult. Mentioning that place you just spoke of implies that you in fact a lurker among that place yourself. Please refrain from making any further assumptions without facts, if you don't have anything smart to say I suggest you keep it to your self because winning an argument over the internet is not going to help you in the future.
>>
>>138608675
Nice assumption, retard, but I'm not the same person.
>>
>>138603922

It was a solid film, but not mindblowing by any means. The "villain" was constructed pretty shitily and the pacing was erratic. I didn't feel actual development between the bear and the kid. The romance felt too much of an afterthought -- could have went without it. It just tried to do too much in 2 hours.
>>
>>138608734
>>138608517
>>138608384

The same goes for you then and here's this >>>/out/ go make threads worse for everybody if all you're going to do is be rude.
>>
>>138608857
Just kill yourself if people being rude hurts your feelings so much, my dear newfriend.
>>
>>138608904
Why don't you if all you're going to do is tell people to kill themselves.
>>
>>138608941
My purpose in life is to remind you that you should kill yourself. You, on the other hand, are useless.
>>
>>138609097
How did you land that pathetic job?
>>
>>138608768
>The "villain" was constructed pretty shitily
What makes you think this? I think he was constructed extremely well actually. His motivation makes perfect sense, and you can tell he's a human from the beginning, especially with the boar hoodie.

>I didn't feel actual development between the bear and the kid.
That's just on you then. This scene alone should have made you feel some development between them. They both start as belligerent loners, but learn from one another and become stronger because they have each other.

>The romance felt too much of an afterthought
Gonna have to disagree there as well. It's not the main focus of the movie, and thank god it wasn't, but it ties in nicely with Kyuuta wanting to return to the human world, especially for his loved ones. If his main reason to return to the human world was to get an education, I'd be sorely disappointed in Hosoda.
>>
File: 1298427000272.jpg (30 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
1298427000272.jpg
30 KB, 704x396
>saw it in theater last Monday night
>got full movie poster since it was being taken down as I was leaving for free
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.