[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /a/ hate fairy tail?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: arjw8wqvwnihalb6fq3k.png (1 MB, 1399x678) Image search: [Google]
arjw8wqvwnihalb6fq3k.png
1 MB, 1399x678
Why does /a/ hate fairy tail?
>>
lurk more
>>
>>138583035
>Magic Cancer
>Because she is Erza
>Lightning that isn't lightning
>Jobber jobbing against the ultimate jobber
>NAKAMA POWER

Most of this only happened in the last 10 chapters.
>>
It's too mainstream, the same reason /a/ hates Sword Art Online.
>>
>>138583035
Cause it's generic, the battles are pretty boring, the powers are uninspired, I mean, how often have you seen a guy use fire or ice magic, the characters lack depth, the plot is just a random mash-up of non-cohesive arcs and filler episodes are all over the place. It's basically a bad rip-off of One Piece.
>>
The only good thing it has is it's soundtrack.
>>
why does natsu have to beat everyone
>>
>>138584403
OP Here and this is my biggest problem. Natsu always has to beat the big bad guy. Give someone else a chance fuck.
>>
>>138583035
Because it's shit? Simple as that.
>>
/a/ doesn't hate Fairy Tail. It's got fine 2D bitches with bewbs.
>>
>>138585291
I want erza to spank my ass and make me call her mommy.
>>
>>138585628
I'm sure there's a dungeon for that somewhere.
>>
>>138583035
Because it's shit
>>
>>138586400
Yeah, so there's pretty much no concrete evidence that its bad.
>>
>>138584482
>wendy
>lucy
>erza
>grey
>laxis
>gramps
>gahjeel

Get off the bandwagon and watch the damn show.
>>
Because One Piece is a shitty shounen and Fairy Tail is ripoff of a shitty shounen.
>>
Doesn't fairy tail rip off concepts from like everything popular?
>>
>>138583035
cuz it sucks
>>
Many reasons. I'll first say I enjoyed FT because I expected an incredibly generic battle shounen, which is what I wanted at the time. Though I ended up stopping after the time skip because despite everything it wore on me.

However, the characters haven't really developed. Natsu was still the exact same person he was after 125 episodes as he was at the beginning. Honestly, the only ones I thought had interesting development were Grey and Erza, and even then it was a kind of generic relationship with a villain conflicting with them.

The battles became incredibly uninspired, and really, it was obvious Natsu was going to beat the big bad each are through a bullshit power-up from his protagonist powers, rather than something innovative.

The part that begin to cause my interest to slip though was Lisanna (is that her name, I haven't touched FT in ages). The whole bizzaro world arc could have had actual development for Natsu revolving around "oh hey, that girl you probably had feelings for and thought was dead is alive here" and it hinted doing something with it when Natsu saw her. But then the rest of the arc this goes untouched, only for "oh hey she came back with us" at the very end of the arc. And that was it. Case closed. At that point, I knew it was generic, but it was cemented for me that they weren't even really trying to do anything interesting, and I stuck around for one more arc where I ended up predicting almost everything. This was the final nail for me.

Basically I think it's an okay battle shounen if that's what you're looking for, but that's it.
>>
There are better series out there, don't get me wrong.
But It's probably the best out of all the mainstream shonen titles.
>>
>>138584403
>>138584482
I'm not defending the show's plot to any degree, but I disagree, the thing that keeps shows like this running is a huge cast, and due to the length characters are often given episodes of screen time with each arc generally revolving around a specific character or set of.
Also Natsu/Lucy get more screentime because they're the main characters you dork.
>>
>>138587390
Welcome to modern media.
>>
>>138585693
>dungeon
Rape dungeon with animu characters?
>>
>>138586959

>>138583317
>>138583685
>>138584403
Are you a retard, or just trying to shitpost? Here all the serious answers.
>>
>>138588646
This would be a good thing.
>>
>>138583035
Because it's Rave Master without any of the charm.
>>
One piece ripoff, basically
>>
>>138587095
Only Gajeel (with Natsu) and Gray have beaten the Big Bad of an arc.
>>
>>138583317
Yet, if we're being real here, Deadly Sins and Tokyo Ghoul get a free pass so OPs question still is rather valid.

I laughed harder at a FT dub than I ever did at the same jokes because in subs you really miss out on timing of jokes and you often read ahead of the script.
So probably because we're neither native or 10 years old OP
>>
>>138587390
>>138588519
>true creativity
Just stop. Ripping something off isn't bad as long as it's done better as the thing it's ripped off. True creativity doesn't exist. It's a beaten horse
>>
>>138587870
I stopped there too. Reviving characters that were either dead or died should never happen. It made any respect i had left for FT disappear.
>>
>>138589133
When did Gray beat the big bad again? I've forgotten.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.