[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is anime in general forgettable? A show might be very good,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: sakurasou22-04.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sakurasou22-04.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
Why is anime in general forgettable? A show might be very good, but also be completely forgotten a year later.

Is it because there's just too much of it?
>>
Because its mostly 1-2 seasons
you gotta last a good 5 to stay relevant
>>
>>138545193
I think watching them in one go is what makes them forgettable.

Watching them weekly makes you want to long for next week. It makes you watch the previews and recaps.

Then again, I think it's really just your life being the same everyday
>>
>>138545193
>might be very good
Not usually, ones that are really good are pretty well entrenched into your mind.

Also, your pic-related was shit. The canon ending was fucking lazy as shit and made the entire plot garbage.
>>
>>138545193
Same goes for music, tv shows, movies and pretty much any kind of entertainment. There's just too damn much. The reason why entertainment could be considered classic back in the day, is because there was far less to choose from, so anything that stuck out even a little bit, everyone would flock to that and claim how amazing it is. Because it would take a long while for the next big thing to arrive, people would have to do with that one thing for a long time, which is why it became classic in the first place. These days, you take in all kinds of entertainment every day/week/month and then move on to the next one, because of this none of it can leave a longlasting impact on you.

These days something has to be really special so it can stand out.
>>
>>138545193

Syndication and season lengths.

Anime if it had to be made for a 13-week strip, would be a lot longer lasting.

But I don't think they even do that for export anymore.
>>
Most of everything is like that anon. Music, movies, series... And anime.

And just like the other things, there are some anime we still remember years, or decades, after it was released.
>>
Sturgeon's Law.
>>
>>138545299
It's the exact opposite.
>>
>>138545193
Only the greats are remembered
The pretty goods are forgotten
>>
File: 1650.jpg (68 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1650.jpg
68 KB, 1280x720
>Is it because there's just too much of it?
Pretty much they churn out like what 20+ shows a season? Only real standouts and enjoyable ones will be remembered.

Plus the fact Japan can barely do memorable endings at all, Look at CG imagine if that had a different ending would it still be talked about? Hell fucking no but because they went with the is he dead or not surprise ending everyone will remember that to the grave.
>>
>>138546130

this
>>138546130

I love watching weekly, it gives me at least another reason to live a little longer, but it's like a drug, I just need to keep adding to the high and the earlier stuff just wont work anymore.
>>
>>138545299
>>138546130
I'll never forget watching kill la kill with /a/
What a ride
>>
I still remember Pengiundrum extremely often.
>>
>>138545228
no I hate anime that goes for more than three seasons and has hundreds of episodes. I avoid them. I like a story to have an ending. I've bought DVD for the ones I really loved, and watch them several times
>>
You think you have forgotten them but then you start to watch them again and all the memories come back.
It's not really an anime problem, that's just how memory works.
>>
>>138546665
But you don't remember Utena?
>>
Only original series are worth remembering.
>>
>>138546230
It was better watching Gurren Lagann with /a/
>>
>>138545193
>Is it because there's just too much of it?

Maybe? I mean back when I actually had to buy shit at close to 200 bucks for a full series it lest a much strong impression on me because I was far more incline to appreciate what I have and rewatch it.

Now a days I don't even keep a lot of the shows I watch on my PC
>>
File: oh.jpg (152 KB, 668x720) Image search: [Google]
oh.jpg
152 KB, 668x720
>>138545193
did you forget how singing asuka ruined everything?
>>
>>138547394
Well, when you buy your anime, you kinda have to appreciate the show more to keep your wallet happy.

But I think to your point to the availability of anime these days, it really does sort of cheapen the enjoyment. Almost like anime is disposable.
>>
>>138548140

I will never forget this show cause it was fucking great.
>>
>>138546809

I don't agree but original series tend to be more memorable, that's for sure.
>>
>>138546828
>tfw the only thing that has compared to geass/ttgl/klk was umaru__
>>
>>138549416
Best anon being right as always.
>>
>>138545193
It's the same with all media. Do you remember every book that was released in 2014? Every television show that aired? Every movie? Every video game?
>>
>>138545193
I won't forget how shit Sakurasou was.
>>
>>138545193
Forgettable garbage is forgettable.

I'd wager that a good 90% of anime is "Here's what we did last season, but with different character designs!" and that's why you forget them.

Anime in general is TV in general: Forgettable garbage with no worth, merit, or lasting power.

You don't remember the moeblob SOL anime because it all blurs together into some formulaic garbage.

I still remember the first time I watched Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, watched Code Geass, watched Akira, etc, etc. They were good shows with good plots and unforgettable arcs, overall.

If you're forgetting the shit you watch, it's because it wasn't worth remembering. If it wasn't worth remembering, it wasn't worth your time in the first place except as a bandaid for whatever you were dealing with at the time.

Stop being that guy and stop watching shit anime.
>>
>>138550046
>You don't remember the moeblob SOL anime because it all blurs together into some formulaic garbage.
I remember literally every cute girl SoL I watch.
>>
>>138550046
Maybe he just has bad memory
>>
>>138546215

CG's ending was the perfect culmination of the series. Lelouch was willing to do anything for Nunnally to be happy. Anything within his power.

Zero's Requiem was within his power, and his best friend was willing to carry it out to the hilt.

He won, and threw away the prize for his sister.

It puts how much of a monster he was to his enemies into perspective.
>>
>>138546828
Most of them left /a/ long time ago or died.
>>
>>138550115
>>138550146
>Daki-fags
>>
>>138546215
>Look at CG imagine if that had a different ending would it still be talked about? Hell fucking no but because they went with the is he dead or not surprise ending everyone will remember that to the grave.
What the fuck? This is the dumbest thing you've said to date. I don't know if you're talking about the show or the ending specifically not being talked about, but either way it's retarded. The Zero Requiem, with or without the cart driver, is a hugely iconic moment, and CG itself would be talked about today even if there'd never been an S2.
>>
>>138546784
Nah, not as often as Penguindrum.
>>
>>138550307
R2 was a complete rewrite due to time slot changes.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.