[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which saga was better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: cell vs namek.png (232 KB, 272x387) Image search: [Google]
cell vs namek.png
232 KB, 272x387
Which saga was better
>>
Namek arc>>Artificial Human arc
>>
>>138542914
pre-time skip > saiyan > freeza > cell > buu > GT > super

the show got worse as it went on
>>
Overall? Namek for sure. Cell Saga had the best finale though.
>>
Anyone that says the Android/Cell arc was better is a pleb ass American. Namek was the definitive Dragon Ball arc and had the series ended there DB would've been the undisputed greatest shonen manga of all time.

OF ALL TIME.
>>
Vegeta and Nappa > Frieza > Cell > Buu = Super > Radditz > Androids > GT
>>
Namek ark is the best thing that came out of Dragon Ball. Goku's fight against Frieza was one of the most iconic moments in anime.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K8dzIMNs9c
>>
>>138543101
How can one have taste this bad
>>
>>138543187
>Not including Raditz in the Saiyan arc
>>
>>138543101
>>138543131
>>138543139
/thread
>>
File: GokuVsFrieza.jpg (229 KB, 1708x1250) Image search: [Google]
GokuVsFrieza.jpg
229 KB, 1708x1250
This.
>>
>>138543101
almost

pre-TS = namek > cell > buu

gt and super don't deserve being ranked
>>
>>138543885

neither does Buu
>>
>>138543885
>skipping Saiyan arc
>>
Freeza > Saiyan > 23rd Budokai > Red Ribbon Army > Battle of Gods > 21st Budokai > Boo > Hunt for the Dragon Balls > Piccolo Daimao > Cell > 22nd Budokai > Baby > Resurrection F > Shadow Dragons > Grand Tour > Super 17

Correct tier list
>>
>>138544098
not an arc
it's part of the namek saga
>>
>>138543101
>>138543885
>pre-TS
>arc ranking
Retards
>>
>>138544121
>Buu
>Better than anything in Dragon Ball
>>138544149
Literally incorrect. The death and return of Goku is it's own arc, followed by Namek.
>>
File: tumblr_nvr6ntRCSZ1ugwrd0o1_1280.jpg (801 KB, 1280x1797) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvr6ntRCSZ1ugwrd0o1_1280.jpg
801 KB, 1280x1797
>>138542914

Androids Saga/Cell saga

>Super Vegeta
>Future Trunks
>Android 17 vs. Piccolo
>Awesome sci-fi time travel element
>all the characters are relevant (except Yamcha but hey)
>Really interesting Gohan character development

Plus, it had that awesome emotion vs. efficiency theme. The main villains are emotionless cyborgs, and the only way to beat them was for Gohan to master the only function they didn't possess: Emotion. Specifically, his anger, a secret weapon foreshadowed since the Saiyan saga. It was such a great way to tie up the series loose ends as well , especially with the inclusion of the Red Ribbon army.

Yeah, the Buu saga was good, but if it had ended at Cell I honestly wouldn't have minded.
>>
File: Dragon Ball - V22C326 - Page 14.png (585 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Ball - V22C326 - Page 14.png
585 KB, 1024x1536
>>138543293
The Artificial Human and Cell story arc was pretty rough… I guess you could say I did all I could with Freeza, so I was burned out, and figured I couldn’t pull off a better battle than that. I thought, “Do I really have to keep going?” Even when Cell ended, it still didn’t feel like it could end. So before the Boo story arc began, I said “Once this next thing wraps up, I want to end it no matter what.” Because I thought there was no way for any stronger guys to pop up, or for Goku to get any stronger than he already was. So my starting point for the Boo arc was, “This is the end, so I’m going to draw whatever I want!” I always liked dumb gags, so I made things comical, with the Great Saiyaman and Gotenks and whatnot. It wasn’t until immediately before the final chapter that I thought up the ending. I needed something that would signal this truly was the end, so I jumped forward ten years… But I didn’t count on the series continuing in anime form11, so I bet it was really rough on everyone over at the anime company. (laughs)

- Akira Toriyama
>>
>>138544605
[citation needed]
>>
>>138542914
With Namek I assume you mean all of Freeza, right? Or else you'd be comparing Androids and Namek, not Cell.
Anyway, Freeza, no doubt about it. Buu is a close second.
>>
>>138542914

Namek Arc was the GOAT
>>
Great Demon King Piccolo
>>
>>138544358

Trunk's hair was so stupid
>>
>>138544358
Androids Saga/Cell saga

>Super Vegeta
>liking retared buff vegeta
>Future Trunks
he is a good character sure

>Android 17 vs. Piccolo
last time pikoro was shown being relevant yeah but the battle was decent at best

>Awesome sci-fi time travel element
you ar ekidding right? it was messed up the whole time travel bullshit in order to justify Cell existence

>all the characters are relevant (except Yamcha but hey)
>all characters relevant
Sure, if you mean just the 4 main saisayns and the rest as cheerleaders, you are right

>Really interesting Gohan character development
Indeed, but also is the reason many bitch about why Gohan is not relevant when the arc itself says Gohan doesnt like fighting
>>
File: SSJ.jpg (25 KB, 650x340) Image search: [Google]
SSJ.jpg
25 KB, 650x340
Oh you know I just waited a couple years for the dub to get enough episodes to even get to this point

Saw that fucking farmer shot like 10 separate times

Downloaded a blurry quicktime video of this from the original Japanese from some power level geocities website.

Not biased at all or anything.
>>
File: Goku-vs-Vegeta-1.png (189 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Goku-vs-Vegeta-1.png
189 KB, 640x480
Undying fan of the original dub and that sweet sweet Canadian programming.
>>
>>138547510
Will Gohan's new awaken power be enough to defeat Cell, find out next time on Dragon Ball Z!

Then Raditz shows up the following day
>>
Goku vs. Vegeta was the epitome of the series
>>
>>138542914
Buu > Freeza > Saiyan > Cell

Cell had good ideas, but the execution was fucking stupid.
>>
>>138551828
My fucking nigger.
Buu is the pinnacle of everything DB does right.
>>
File: dbz1et207.jpg (2 MB, 1599x1202) Image search: [Google]
dbz1et207.jpg
2 MB, 1599x1202
>>138544358
>>138542914

Fucking love that 90s promotional art of DBZ.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.