[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yowamushi Pedal vs Haikyuu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: yowamushi-pedal.png (459 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
yowamushi-pedal.png
459 KB, 620x350
A pretty good show. Really cute main character :)

Do you think Haikyuu's better. It definitely has better visuals and characters...
>>
Haikyuu is bettr because the fujo gay shit wasn't as prevalent and they fleshed out the characters better.
>>
Midousuji single-handedly made this show.
>He was originally going to be a generic ikeman.
Thank god they didn't go with that terrible idea.
>>
>>138528552
I don't see how Yowapeda is more gay, they both have entirely fujo fanbases and Haikyuu has more attractive characters in general.
>>
>>138526671
If it's anything like my doujins, I'll watch it if there is a leather tight motorbike onee-san in it.
>>
File: kurocock.jpg (111 KB, 654x960) Image search: [Google]
kurocock.jpg
111 KB, 654x960
>>138526671
I tried watching Haikyuu but it bored the shit out of me. YowaPeda at least has the HYPE factor though YowaPeda is quite subpar as a sports series goes once you realise that the majority of the races are little more than "sudden unexplained burst of speed" V "another character's sudden unexplained burst of speed".

Pic related is a better sports series than both of those.
>>
>>138528779
>"sudden unexplained burst of speed" V "another character's sudden unexplained burst of speed".
This is exactly why I loved Midousuji so much. It was still shonen upgrade asspulls but, the way he did it was so ridiculous and over the top as to be really fucking entertaining.
>>
Holy shit, a sports anime thread on /a/.

Both of them are enjoyable, but I think that Haikyuu is the better show.

The blu-ray of the Yowamushi Pedal movie written by the manga author hit the streets a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't been able to find a download. Anyone seen it?
>>
>>138528779

You can't complain about power ups and then claim that KnB is better. Kuroko is DBZ basketball.
>>
>Onoda was originally going to be a female MC.
Would have been 100x better had they done this.
>>
>>138529029

Then all the other main characters would have needed to be female a well, I guess. Otherwise, how you could have a girl competing against men.
>>
>>138528981
Besides Kagami in the Rakuzan match, everything that happens in KnB is explained. Can't say the same for Yowa.
>>
>>138529079
That probably would have just been a plot point, and the original concept design seems to suggest they were guys anyway.
>>
>>138526671
I've only see like five episodes of yowamushi pedal where they were racing that crazy lizard looking guy, but it was infinitely more interesting than the entirety of haikyuu.

I love the team feel and hype. Haikyuu tries to make everything a joke, and the characters feel so one-dimensional.

Can't wait to actually get around to watching yowamushi pedal in full. I've already dropped s2 of haikyuu.
>>
>>138529115
You should definitely give it a watch before season 3 comes out, and yes, Midousuji makes the show.
>>
>>138529095
What needs to be explained in Yowapeda, and why would explanations justify powerups? They don't have stupid supernatural 'zones' or magic powers like in KnB, they just have generic willpower and friendship fueled bursts of power.
>>
>>138529197
Well, except for Manami, that is, who's "wings" are almost a sort of shonen superpower of their own.
>>
>>138528981
>Kuroko is DBZ basketball.

No, that would be Eyeshield 21.

I mean, fucking really, a runningback that can run faster than the speed of sound?
>>
>>138529231

I thought it was explained that his "wings" is really just him being good at timing his pushes with gusts of wind which help propel him forward. All of the main characters are fairly close in actual physical prowess. A slight advantage is what they always hunt to cross the finish line that half a second faster.
>>
I actually ended up liking Yowapeda better than Haikyuu. Pedal had just the right level of unrealistic bullshit that I find entertaining in my sports anime (with vaguely homosexual subtext).

Its just a matter of opinion though. I admit the boys in HQ are cuter.
>>
>>138529267
Yeah but he can also "detect" when said gusts of wind are coming. Not really supernatural but, y'know.
>>
The Yowapeda movie is supposed to be out now. The disc released has topped the sales rankings, but I'm not seeing it anywhere. And I guess, with fansubbing being in the state it is in now a days, we're not gonna see it translated ever, even if it does show up as a raw.
>>
>>138529231
>>138529197
Literally everything.

- Why is Kinjou so fast?
- How could Kinjou and Fukutomi even get close to Midosuji? And no, Midosuji would definitely have beaten them if he hadn't snapped mentally.
- How did Tadokoro get back to the front when he could barely move? Don't say it was all the wind.
- What exactly happened near the end of Shinkai and Midosuji's sprint? It made it look like each kept getting ahead of the other, which isn't possible because if you're faster then you're faster in a sprint. I'm not even talking about the puppy bit, that made sense, I'm talking about when Shinkai went demon mode.
- How exactly was Makishima such a fast climber? This was never explained.
- Pretty much every single one of Onoda's races were "I am losing OH NO WAIT NOW I AM WINNING" with no real explanation.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.