[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uchouten Kazoku
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: uchouten-kazoku-01-720p-mkv.jpg (241 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
uchouten-kazoku-01-720p-mkv.jpg
241 KB, 1280x720
Just finished this show.

Didn't expect it to be this good. Sure, it's written by the author of Tatami Galaxy, but Yoshihara is no Yuasa and P.A. Works is no Madhouse in its glory days.
Still I was surprised to see how well it holds up to Tatami Galaxy. Loved the story, art, animation and specially the voice acting.
And as much as I like Non Non Biyori, this must be AOTY 2013, surely.

Also, Benten or Kaisei?
>>
Benten is a whore.
>>
>>138492384
Benten, she's great and one of my favorite female characters.
>>
File: images.png (4 KB, 144x144) Image search: [Google]
images.png
4 KB, 144x144
>>138492412
>>
>>138492384
Overrated shit. Boring and only good for Kyoto views.
>>
>>138492492
Now that's a huge slut.
>>
>>138492384
I thought it was too literal at times, I felt like they could've gone out of their way more to actually use metaphors. It felt like it was designed to be understood by 5 year olds
>>
Show didn't really grab me and I dropped it three or four episodes in.

Did they ever explain why the fuck everybody was okay with the fact that that woman fucking murdered his father for no reason other than "just because" and his only thoughts on the subject seemed to be "well she's allowed to flip out and kill me at any point but i'm not allowed to do anything about it i guess"?
>>
>>138492777
Do you feel sorry everytime you eat a meat?
>>
>>138492675
I think that was what was refreshing about it. It was just sincerely straightforward.
>>
>>138492384
Are you serious? UK is the definition of wasted potential. So many plot lines untouched or unresolved.
>>
File: 1446882206475.jpg (27 KB, 469x451) Image search: [Google]
1446882206475.jpg
27 KB, 469x451
>>138492829
My meat doesn't have human intelligence and function as a normal member of society.
>>
>>138492870
You're trying to make sense of a story that revolves around Japanese lore.
If you can't enjoy the novelty its present, then this shit is just not for you.
>>
>>138492866
The main plot line is a conflict between 2 family. I personally think it was expanded, and done in in an acceptable manner.

The nonsensical, mystical shit surrounding them is just for flavours, nothing more.
>>
I thought it was great. Great art.
>>
>>138492915
By all conventional logic I should have been all over this show and yet I didn't like it at all. It's odd.

The fact that everybody is okay with casual consequence-less murder of people is just a side-note. I can't just overlook that, she fucking killed his father and he's just sitting there taking it.
>>
>>138492979
That's what meat does.
>>
File: 1280px-Tanuki01_960.jpg (451 KB, 1280x852) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Tanuki01_960.jpg
451 KB, 1280x852
>>138492384
>>Also, Benten or Kaisei?
mom
>>
>>138492979
Its based on a japanese, nonsensical lore.
Trying to make sense of it is stupid.

He accepted it, the whole family accepted it as part of their nature to be killed and eaten by the fortune gods.
>>
Controversial, possibly unpopular opinion: UK was better than TG.
>>
>>138492979
She didn't kill his father, she ate him after he was cooked by her group. It's true she did nothing to stop it. Almost all the humans don't know for a fact that tanuki are sentient I think. Some of the humans you see are actually tengu or shapeshifted tanuki.

I assume the story had some point to make about nature or how people continue traditions without considering ethics, but I haven't really pondered or discussed the show so I can't say anything intelligent.
>>
>>138493128
>unfinished story > finished story
STAHP
>>
>>
File: untitled11.jpg (137 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
untitled11.jpg
137 KB, 1280x720
OP here, the one thing that elevated it from just good to great to me was this guy.
His melancholic monologues gave a welcome introspective quality to what would otherwise be a too fluffy, silly anime.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.