[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weekly Shonen Jump
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Kouhei's_Jump_Heroes.jpg (446 KB, 1851x1300) Image search: [Google]
Kouhei's_Jump_Heroes.jpg
446 KB, 1851x1300
Weekly Shonen Jump has an incredible line-up right now, and the magazine hasn't been this competitive and full of popular series since I can remember.

We have huge hits from recent years like Haikyuu, Shokugeki no Soma, My Hero and Academia.

Series that aren't huge yet, but are on their way to becoming huge sellers like Hinomaru Sumo (once it gets an anime and the proceeding boost), Straighten Up, Mononofu, Samon kun wa Summoner, and despite being truly terrible Black Clover, and Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san.

AssClass is about to end but it's already solidified its place as one of the most important series in Jump history (despite my minor gripes about its quality)

Even other series with declining popularity that/or for other reasons are likely to end within this year or the next are still popular enough to drive big sales.like Toriko, Nisekoi, Gintama, World Trigger, Saiki Kusuo no Psi-nan, and Bleach

Plus, even HxH shows up every once in a while to put out a volume for Shueshia to make crazy amounts of money on.

Anybody who says that Jump is a declining magazine is just talking out of their ass and ignoring one of the best periods in Jump history.

Even Weekly Young Jump has a fascinatingly successful line-up with big hits like Kingdom, Tokyo Ghoul, Terra ForMars, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Golden Kamui, Rikudo, Usogi, and Gunjou Senki, and Minamoto-kun Monogatari.
>>
Plus, we have a lot of rookie mangaka's who have a lot of potential create future series that dominate the magazine as well like; Naoya Matsumoto, Kei Monri, Toshinori Takayama, Daijiro Nonoue, and Shibata Yousaku.
>>
Meanwhile let's look at Jump's two main competitors and what they're competing with.

Nobody really has anything to overthrow Jump's monopoly.

Weekly Shonen Magazine's has Fairy Tail, Nanatsu no Taizai, Hajime no Ippo, Diamond no Ace, Yamada and the Seven Witches, UQ Holder, Fire Brigade of Flames, and Kamisama no Iutoori Ni.
The only ones of which actually compete with Jump on a sales/popularity level right now are Fairy Tail and Nanatsu Taizai.

Weekly Shonen Sunday notable series include; Magi (which is in its final arc), Detective Conan, Dagashi Kashi, Be Blues, Tokiwa Kitareri, Hatsukoi Zombie, Psyche Matashitemo, Denpa Kyoushi, Hayate no Gotoku, and Zettai Karen Children.

Again though, neither company can really compete with Shueshia at all right now, who are in a ridiculously successful period right now.
>>
We are in a new Golden Age of Jump.
You never know what series are going to make up the top 5.
It could any between One Piece, AssClass, Haikyuu, Shokugeki no Soma, My Hero Academia, Hinomaru Sumo, Mononofu, Samon kun Wa Summoner, Black Clover, Straighten Up!, or Ghost-Tits.
Sometimes other series that usually dwell in the middle will even surprise with a great ranking every now and then.
>>
/
>>
>>
Nobody wants to discuss Jump?
>>
>>138466910
>huge sellers like Hinomaru Sumo (once it gets an anime and the proceeding boost)
The anime will be terrible and it will get axed once Toei cancels it. Fujoshi don't give a crap about fat boys
>Mononofu, Samon kun wa Summoner
Those are place holders
>Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
This will get axed

>>138467299
How could you forget Rinne and Silver Spoon
>>
>>138472433
Toei isn't doing Hinomaru Sumo.
We don't know who is doing it as one hasn't even been announced yet so it's stupid to claim it will be terrible.
The source material is so goddamn great, that it should get a boost regardless.

>placeholders
Nah.
It's possible that Mononofu might not be able to hold onto its initial success, but Samon-kun seems like it's going to be something.

>Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
It's getting a color page before it's even getting its first ranking.
Jump has no reason to try and push the series, as Miura's only other series was Koisome Momiji which was a typical, cancelled after half a year failure.
The only reason Jump would be giving it a color page is if it was actually getting votes.

Also, I did forget about Rin-Ne and Silver Spoon.
Either way, Silver Spoon is also about to end, and even when it is running it's always on hiatus.
>>
>>138472607
What votes? Series that have less than 8 chapters are not ranked. You clearly don't know much about WSJ
>>
>>138473418
Series still get votes for them for the first 7 weeks before they aren't unranked.
They just don't count towards the ranking.
Trust me buddy, I know far more about the magazine than you ever will.
>>
is this supposed to be a jump circlejerk?
>>
>>138473529
Not necessarily, Jump is not perfect.
Black Clover is fucking awful.
It's not a bad thing to be a fan of the magazine in general and its history though.
>>
>>138473529

Seems so, discuss other magazines like Ultra Jump and Good Afternoon. You seem knowledgeable.
>>
>>138473529
I think is the same anon that did the same type of thread with the same image this morning
>>
>>138473476
That's bullshit
>>
>>138473610
GanGan magazines have/had some good shit. Wanna read more from jump sq and dragon age too.
>>
>>138473775
It's bullshit?
How so?
Do you think that unranked series simply receive zero votes from the ratings-post card whatsoever before their rankings are officially unveiled?
Are you stupid or something?
>>
>>138473728
>this morning
You mean yesterday morning.
The thread just lasted an unusually long time for an /a/ thread.
>>
>>138473828
>No you are the super retard!
>>
>>138473610

I would if I could read nipp.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.