[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragonball super
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: 01.jpg (47 KB, 650x433) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
47 KB, 650x433
Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2016-03-01/interview-the-past-present-and-future-of-dragon-ball/.99269

>So,speaking ofDragon Ball Super:'s up with the animation issuesthat have been happening?

>Hayashida:The criticism we've received has been way too overblown. Someone put a few video sequences that looked bad onto the Internet, and people focused on them when talking about an entire series. You can not criticize an entire product by only looking at a few sequences.

>The animators responsible for those scenes are newbies who just started working at this level in the industry, which means their skills are evolving right now. Anyway, they are good animators, and I just do not understand why they get picked on to such a degree.

So they literally let people, who never actually worked as animators, work on one of the biggest and most valuable anime series of all time. Wow!
>>
It makes perfect sense. People will watch Dragon Ball because it's Dragon Ball, they don't give a shit about the quality.
>>
File: 1457537824516.gif (2 MB, 296x158) Image search: [Google]
1457537824516.gif
2 MB, 296x158
>>The animators responsible for those scenes are newbies who just started working at this level in the industry, which means we can pay them entry level wages. Anyway, this is Dragon Ballâ„¢ and people will this shit no matter how ugly it looks.
>>
>>138450058
>So they literally let people, who never actually worked as animators, work on one of the biggest and most valuable anime series of all time. Wow!
How new are you?
>>
>>138450134
This. I honestly expected all of this and do not care.

It doesn't even have storyboards drawn from Toriyama's manga composition because he is not penning the manga. If you knew anything about DB you'd have predicted this too. Its value is entirely in story and concepts. Which are pretty entertaining and imaginative to me.

I happen to love it.
>>
>>138451236
Yeah me too, man. I am loving it so far
>>
>>138451926
Budget is different from being shit, retard.

With the amount of money you get from mexicans and manchildren, you could easily afford to not have deviantart-tier animation.
>>
>>138451967
>With the amount of money you get from mexicans and manchildren, you could easily afford to not have deviantart-tier animation.

How is DB Super making money from mexicans?

Also of course the animation could be better. But why should they do it if they can get away with this garbage?
>>
>>The animators responsible for those scenes are newbies who just started working at this level in the industry, which means their skills are evolving right now. Anyway, they are good animators, and I just do not understand why they get picked on to such a degree.

Honestly that's not a very professional answer. I feel like Japanese people are just weird.
>>
>>138450058
It happens all the time, and at least that makes sense considering the animation, so I'm actually willing to let it slide a bit.

I mean new people have to work on projects from time to time, or else we wont get any new animators. Criticism of their work is the best way for them to learn and grow better.
>>
>>138452200
This is pretty bad though. It's like there's no standard at all. Also despite the fact people will watch it anyways, a franchise this big shouldn't be handled this way. It's highly unprofessional and downright shameful. Toei lost face.
>>
>>138452234
While I do agree on those points, it is Toei. Look at One Piece as well, I will grant it's far more consistent, but it's pretty downright awful too, not Super levels, but still awful.
>>
>>138452200
New people should not work on something as beloved as dragonball. They should start with a new franchise. It's common sense
>>
holy shit people still watching this anime?
>>
>>138450058
Nurutu is done by new animator too but it can look good when it needs to.
>>
>>138452344
What Naruto gains In animation quality, it lacks in story and characters. It's an awful show.
>>
>>138452320
It's pretty good. You need to stop browsing /a/ and taking their shit opinions seriously.
>>
>>138452403
Naruto has the characters, they're just either villains who were killed off or side-characters that never truly got any love beyond 2-3.
>>
>>138452432
I rarely come to /a/, hence my question
>>
>>138452439
The main characters are shit.
>>
>>138452471
It's fucking dragonball. Of course they're watching it.
>>
>>138450058
>Someone put a few video sequences that looked bad onto the Internet
>A few
>only "looked bad"

Super has to be the worst animated series currently airing, but it seems that they don't give a shit about the criticism
>>
>>138452505
Well I'd agree with that outside of Kakashi.
>>
>So they literally let people, who never actually worked as animators, work on one of the biggest and most valuable anime series of all time. Wow!
Holy fucking shit I knew DBZ fans were cancerous but this is just beyond comprehension. I can't even think of an appropriate insult to match this level of newfag delusion. I seriously hope you're trolling.
>>
>>138452597
Fuck no. Generic "cool" character. He's was not even remotely good.
>>
>>138452614
>holy shit you guys must be delusional or trolling
>doesn't explain reasons
Nice bait, faggot.
>>
>>138452614
>dbz
>not important
Are you retarded?
>>
>>138450058
It's sad how the best animation supervisor on One Piece is now churning out incredibly rushed work on Dragonball.
>>
>>138452751
>watching one piece
You disgust me.
>>
if he honestly believes the clips of Goku training with Beerus are the only bad ones people are mocking he's mistaken.

but i get it, he's biased because he's a part of it.

i don't think that animators deserve the flack for how wildly inconsistent and poorly animated Super is, though. it's not their fault that they are working under ridiculous deadlines and don't have proper training. it's Toei's fault. pretty much all their anime looks like shit and they really don't give a fuck because they know people will watch it and buy the toys anyway.
>>
>>138452777
I don't. I'm just comparing Naoki Tate's work then and now.
>>
>>138452797
>using one piece as an example
You disgust me
>>
What a sad attempt at damage control.

"It's not that bad! They're new animators! Stop the bullying!"
>>
>>138452869
They are new animators so I don't see how honesty is damage control.

The animation has been shit, but it's not like they go out of the way to give you bad animation
>>
>>138452933
Actually they kind of do.

"Dragon Ball Super time! Gather the freshmen!"
>>
>>138453007
How else will they get experience? If they gave them a new show then no one would watch it due to the bad animation. With dragonball, people will watch no matter what.
>>
>>138453051
They should've been competent enough before landing a key animation job. If their draftmanship skills aren't up to par then they ought to work on inbetweens first. If they can't even do that well then they shouldn't be hired in the first place.
>>
>>138453051
I'm glad you aren't in animation.
>>
>>138453051
Ever seen Little Witch Academia? Or any other Anime Mirai project. Newb animators doesn't mean shit animation. Just gotta have somebody competent in charge.
>>
>>138453051
Its not like there's a lack of people wanting to work as animators in Japan

They can pick the best of the best. What is really going on here is extremely low pay and slaving people away so much they can't do their jobs properly
>>
>>138453051
throwing a noob animator onto a difficult scene with no direction won't teach them anything
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.