[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everyone who was charmed by this character was duped by a textbook
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 6
File: 1456618884305.jpg (146 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1456618884305.jpg
146 KB, 1280x720
Everyone who was charmed by this character was duped by a textbook example of a sociopath. Consider it a wakeup call.
>>
>dragon ball
>>
>>138391126
It's predictable, but disappointing.

It would have been more of a pleasing surprise if he genuinely was good.
>>
File: 1457363135021.jpg (117 KB, 664x914) Image search: [Google]
1457363135021.jpg
117 KB, 664x914
>>138391303

Genuinely good people don't explicitly vomit their manners over everyone. Compared to Cabba, he was clearly mimicking politeness.

Someone here remarked that Frost/Frieza's voice actor sounded like someone who was going to shake your hand then stab you in the back.

>>138391168

Quality
>>
>>138391608
>they're saving the budget for the tournament they said
>>
>Implying he's a bad guy

He's considered a benevolent leader on his planet who ends wars. inb4 someone mentions that he also starts the wars.

Clearly the actions balance out; does something bad, then does something good, scoreboard is still zero in terms of karma.
>>
>>138391746
Does he end these wars by killing everyone?
>>
>>138391933
No, since he's supposed to be viewed as the hero for the public.

He only kills the enemy villain.

He props himself up as the hero, therefore he's gotta play the role for them.
>>
File: quality (1).png (210 KB, 550x410) Image search: [Google]
quality (1).png
210 KB, 550x410
>>138391746
>dragonball being this retarded.

He's a scam artist and anyone who says his actions are balanced out are employing the broken window fallacy. Except you have countless lives destroyed instead of windows. Even Vados remarked that he wasn't a good person. He is written as a non-sadistic version of Frieza.

I bet you're a Gohanfag who thought Goku winked at Frost as well.
>>
Funny how this turned out. Everybody was expecting him to be Good Frieza just like the Saiyans are good in that universe and we got it for a bit, and then just NOPE, he's secretly bad. Well played AT, got me fooled. I'm only sad that we won't get an actually good Frost Demon. Maybe for some other universe?
>>
>>138392103
We have some good Frost guys, if you count Xenoverse, Heroes, or that one MMO.

They're all mostly self inserts though

I think there's a manga for one of them at least with a good Freezer.
>>
>>138391608
Ryuusei Nakao just has the PERFECT villain voice.
>>
>>138392019
Anon, just think about how much space that loss of life frees up. That solves any problems of overpopulation, food shortages, or lack of employment on its own.

Frost is a good guy.
>>
>>138392218

No. You want him to be a good guy. It's this kind of wishful thinking that lead to people getting duped. Denial won't change this, and he'll probably be offed in the next episode for his arrogance.
>>
He would be a more interesting dictator than Freezer. At least he knows how to fake shit.
>>138391303
Yeah same. It would be nice to see a good Freezer race alien just once. In the anime I mean.
>>
>>138391608
>Genuinely good people don't explicitly vomit their manners over everyone

I took Frost as more of a performer than a niceu guyu. I was kinda right, but him being secretly evil was just dumb
>>
>>138392685
Explain what he does that makes him in any way not a good guy.
>>
>>138392218
Frost is not a good guy, how can you say that someone who starts wars then ends them for profit is a good guy?
>>
>>138393646
Because he cleans up his own mess and helps expand the job market (not to mention any pesky overpopulation problems) through his constant destruction/reconstruction efforts. The war ends thanks to frost.

Thus, all's well that ends well.

That's a good guy.
>>
>>138393367
Not the Anon you're talking to, but...

He starts wars that destroy innocent people's livelihoods so he can personally end the wars in order to build PR. He then buys the war-ravaged land, fixes it up, and sells it for a huge profit. His actions are not noble at all - they are selfish, greedy, destructive, duplicitous, exploitative, and cruel. None of these things are the qualities of a "good guy."

At least Freeza was honest about being a horrible monster.
>>
>>138393726
back to /pol/ with you, faggot.
>>
>>138393831
>At least Freeza was honest about being a horrible monster.

That's actually the dichotomy that AT is going for.

It isn't good universe/evil universe with U6 being the evil one and the only reason things are good is because Goku hit his head.

It's Honest Universe / Deceitful universe. Whether people are good or bad is simply up to them, but no matter their intentions, most everyone in U6 has been up front about what they wanted or who they were.
>>
>>138391126
Yeah, everyone should have known better than to expect anything but a generic villain.
>>
>>138393831
I think you're moving the goal posts with regard to what a "good guy" is.
>>
>>138393726
You can expand the job market without starting wars, and overpopulation is something nations have to deal with on their own, it's not up to some psychopath to do that on his own.
>>
>>138394313
I don't think there's much sense in giving Frost shit for starting wars when God of Destruction is an actual job in the universe.
>>
>>138394087
I agree. "Frieza but he's good' is such a brillant and more interesting character instead.
>>
File: saitamavsboros.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
saitamavsboros.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>DB Super
>relevant in 2016
>>
>>138394417
The difference is that Beerus and Champa don't act like good guys then stab you in the back, if they are gonna blow up a planet, they just do it.
>>
>>138395603
That's because they have the power to. If they decide on something, who's going to stop them?
>>
>>138391608
>>138391654
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
>>
>>138391126
He is a true american
>>
>>138394548
How far could Boros go into the whole Dragonball series before getting stopped, could he even be stopped?
>>
>>138396299
Loses to Piccolo (Saiyan arc)
>>
>>138391126
Anybody charmed by this character got what they fucking deserved by celebrating a fucking Freeza recolor. I mean, that's bad enough on it's own, but then you thought they were actually going to do something with it. You think they were going to hire Ryusei Nakao and not have him use that voice? Fucking saps, the lot of you.

I swear, people would make fun of "Mexicans" for wanting "Good Brolly" or some horseshit, and everyone claps their hands for a discolored Freeza.
Man, I hate this fanbase.
>>
>>138392103
This. I mean, the overly nice act was suspicious, but with the frost demons in Xenoverse and all that, I was hoping that we were finally gonna get a legitimate good guy of that race, and possibly even a future ally.

Shame they had to go the lazy and kinda bland Frieza route again.
>>
>>138391126
Is it really wrong to actually expect a what could have been kinda character?
>>
>>138395756
Exactly. they have the power to blow up planets and they do, they don't put on some nice guy act then blow up planets.
>>
>>138397050

Yes. But people weren't expecting bro Frost so much as they were wishing for it
>>
>>138396299
His strongest move can obliterate a planet's surface. So, that puts him far below Saiyan Saga Vegeta.

Likely he'd be stopped by Saiyan Saga Piccolo.
>>
>>138391126
As a reminder, the "textbook sociopath" is not charming. Did you mean the "Hollywood sociopath"? Because they love that cliche though it reflects reality poorly.
>>
>>138396299
Nappa
>>
>>138396299
Could probably last until Cell saga. SSJ2 Gohan beats him, and anything past that he can't remotely compete.
>>
>>138396662
>kinda bland Frieza route again.

Just being evil means he's like Freeza? Freeza was a tyrant that manipulated and controlled with fear and power. Frost fakes benevolence and kindness to make sure everyone treats him with respect, while he does some shady stuff behind the scenes. They're completely different characters. Depth in the sense that Frost isn't a one dimensional good guy like we thought he was or just an evil guy, he has different layers to his personality.

Stop being retarded.
>>
>>138394548
DBS would look good if it had same animation director and animators of OPM.
>>
>>138397242
He would never get past saiyan saga vegeta. Boros can barely ruin a planet.

Vegeta had enough energy to waste earth and then go a few rounds with everyone left alive.
>>
>>138397381
This so much, niggas being delusional here
>>
>>138396299
We have no idea. Boros' energy attacks don't seem to be on par with DBZ characters but we've never seen any DBZ character kick someone to outer space.
Who gives a shit anyway.
>>
>>138391126
Man, Frost reminds me of Hulk Hogan.

> Helps kids out and does nice things in public to make himself look good.
>is actually a sociopath
Hulk Hogan
>Played the ultimate good guy.
>Did nice things in public to make himself look good.
>Is actually a sociopath.
>>
>>138394062
I think you got things backwards. U6 is Champa's universe.
>>
>Resurection of F wasnt even 7 episodes ago
>Theyre fighting another Freeza

What a fucking blatant cash grab. Gotta drag it out for the nostalgia bucks!
>>
>>138398197

>yfw this motherfucker is the cell from universe 6 and responsible for destroying that earth
>>
>>138398197
Thanks Captain obvious, you think we didn't know this was a cash grab when we knew Toei was involved?
>>
>>138391126
I'am the only one who didn't liked when it was revealed he was a bad guy all along? I really wanted a good and funny Freeza dammit, him being bad its boring and repetitive
>>
>>138398413
>ALL RIGHT UNIVERSE GIMME THAT STUPID ENERGY
>>
>>138398413
>yfw this motherfucker is the cell from universe 6
Stop with this retarded meme
>>
>>138398413
He's not Cell, it's just the AT sameface
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 320x180
>Is much more calm and collected than Freeza
>has a much more cunning strategy for controlling people compared to his sadistic bully counterpart
>doesn't do anything stupid

Is Frost the Freeza we deserve?
>>
>>138400348
Fuck off retard
>>
>>138391746
>Defending Frost will become a meme

Great, this is what Super needs right now
>>
Toei killed DB Super.
>>
>>138400348
Frost is smarter, but Freeza is more powerful.
>>
>>138400406
What a pleasant reaction coming from someone who probably either thinks frost is shit or wanted frost to be the good guy or some shit.
>>
Cabba is friends with Frost. Does that mean Cabba isn't good like he claims he is?
>>
>>138394548
>Meanwhile Toei still uses fucking tweening and rotation and scaling on One Piece and bad CGI on DB and Sailormoon
>>
>>138391126
Freezer=Hitler
Frost=Bush
>>
>>138397372
dont forget time an dtalent cuz you know, it's easier to animate a 12 episode series than a 100 episode series made by toe
>>
>>138398413

What if it turned out that Hit is the hero of Universe 6 and the the bro everyone thought Frost would be?
>>
>>138401173
Cabba's just naive
>>
Test
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.