[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why are black folk so under represented in anime? don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: freeman.jpg (23 KB, 604x352) Image search: [Google]
freeman.jpg
23 KB, 604x352
why are black folk so under represented in anime? don't you know that would be some great shit if there was more. thoughts?
>>
Why are you so over-represented on /a/?
Make yourself rare.
>>
>>138195811
good fortune and loose assholes will come to you only if you post, thanks Blacked Swordsman in this thread
>>
Same reason all the girls have godlike hip to waist ratios. It's an idealization.
>>
>>138195902
you for it or against it?
>>
>>138195940
I'm all about them hips.
>>
>>138196043
Good good, got to love em.
>>
>>138195902
im just asking, I think its because there is almost no black folk in japan so why would they. just wanted to see what the chan thinks.
>>
>>138195811
>why are black folk so under represented in anime?

But they aren't though. The amount of people of African descent living in Japan is minuscule compared to their total population. So obviously there aren't going be many black people in anime and manga and quite frankly it's wrong of you to want to them to change to fit your Western-centric views on diversity in media.
>>
>>138195811
Because most anime take place in Japan and Japan is one of the most racially homogeneous countries on earth. Less than 2% of Japan's population isn't ethnically Japanese. Black people probably only make up a single digit percent of that 2% non-Japanese population.
>>
>>138195811
WE WUZ GOOKS
>>
>>138198526
>Less than 2% of Japan's population isn't ethically Japanese
Keep drinking that glorious Nippon Kool-Aid
>>
>>138198629
SUN AND STEEL FAGGOT
>>
>>138196135
It's also because nobody wants to look at filthy fucking niggers.

Hell, the squinty eyed fucks realise that nobody even wants to look at japs either, so they made themselves white in all their fiction.
>>
>>138198987
This. Fuck niggers desu senpai.
>>
>>138196135
It's pretty much that. Pretty much the only situation you'd see black people in an anime is if they have actual Americans in plural.

Half-American transfer students don't count.
>>
>>138195811
Oh hi there, Chris Rock. I didn't know you watch anime.
>>
File: 1438402259839.jpg (36 KB, 353x356) Image search: [Google]
1438402259839.jpg
36 KB, 353x356
>>138198987
>made themselves white in all their fiction
>>
shit thread 1/10
>>
>>138199131
Thanks for re-enforcing my point.
>>
>>138195811
There aren't many black people in Japan, so they aren't in its populace's view
>>
File: 2016-03-03-22-53-48-299181791.jpg (4 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-03-22-53-48-299181791.jpg
4 KB, 225x225
Because Black Lives Matter. Less.

There are still a few portrayals of Black people, but it's just that with the emphasis on people. The rest of the majority are niggers.
>>
>what is cowboy bebop
They had a whole episode dedicated to niggers and the niggerexploitation film genre
Also, the main villian in one of the eps was one
Also,
>what is the boondocks
>>
the same reason why european, russian, middle eastern, south american, east asian, etc. people are under-represented: because there aren't many of them in fucking japan. Black people are only relatively prevalent in North America- yet for some reason dense Americans think that every country is somehow inhabited by the same proportion
>>
In mainland Japan, there a lot of Africans and most of them are very obnoxious. They will try to make you go into their bars and such. I don't want to say that Japanese people do not like black people but they are not good at making themselves liked. Africans at least.

But down in Okinawa, where there is such a strong military presence, there are many black people. They are usually American Marines or sailors. They are much more tame than the belligerent Africans that I see in mainland.
>>
>>138195811
But they are represented.
Mostly as rapists and perverts, but that still counts.
>>
Went to Shibuya and they were a Lot of black Africans selling t-shirts. They were pretending to be American blacks too. I can see their anxiety when I've asked them if they know where the toilets are ;_;
>>
THERE ARE NO NIGGERS IN JAPAN

IF ANYTHING THEY'RE OVER REPRESENTED
>>
Hell if I know... Maybe Japanese people don't really know much about black people? Beyond afros... and the cool, collected, ready to kick your ass, Samuel L. Jackson stereotype.... possibly sporting an afro.
>>
Dark skin isn't visually appealing.
>>
File: Goodnight Punpun v01 c10 - 176.png (268 KB, 786x1200) Image search: [Google]
Goodnight Punpun v01 c10 - 176.png
268 KB, 786x1200
>>138195811
Because.
>>
tumblr get the fuck out with your PC bullshit
feminist already got blown the fuck out for their hypocrisy, you will gain nothing with polluting this place
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.