[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
should i watch bleach or just read the manga? im on episode 33
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: Ichigo_Kurosaki.png (615 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Ichigo_Kurosaki.png
615 KB, 1280x720
should i watch bleach or just read the manga? im on episode 33 and this shit is taking fo ever
>>
>>138019045
The introduction arc will take long, both in manga and anime.

I always suggest reading the manga for dialogue chapters and watch the highlight fights as animuh.
>>
If you do go with the anime, remember this.
-The anime was cancelled before the manga finished and the manga is still going
-It's about 50% filler (ironically you're at the point where there's hardly any)
-Fights were toned down for the kiddies and they screwed with the shipping
>>
Watch the anime up to the end of the Soul Society arc, then switch to the manga.
>>
>>138019771
>screwed with the shipping
?
>>
I can read about 30 Bleach chapters in a single sitting in, which is about 10 episodes. It's probably easier to just read the manga. Also, I remember the Soul Society arc really dragging on in the anime, so the manga can only improve that.
>>
>>138019045
Read the manga.

Seriously, it will take a fraction of the time and the filler arcs will make you want to end yourself.

Although I would recommend watching some of the better fights after reading them, not to mention the soundtrack is great, especially in Hueco Mundo.
>>
>>138020043
>>138020043
Early episodes downsized Orihime and her crush on Ichigo, as if the writers were Ichiruki shippers trying to "fix" it. Then they briefly switched to Ichihime and made up an OOC scene that never happened in the manga. After that they contained their shipping to the EDs except for one very blatant episode towards the end.
>>
>>138020769
They also made child Nel jealous of Rukia or made it sound like Loly wanted to hatefuck Orihime, though that was more interpretation of certain scenes. They also added some YoroichixSoifon, some OrihimexTatsuki scenes and more Chizuru...I think the anime team likes Yuri. Makes me wonder, what will happen if they ever animate Giselle.
>>
>>138022582
>yuri
>Giselle

top kek
>>
>>138019045
Read manga, watch fights. Watch zanpaktu rebellion arc if you like fun . Keep in mind its not canon though.
>>
>>138022582
>They also made child Nel jealous of Rukia

Child Nel was jealous of Rukia and Chizuru was indeed trying to get into Orihime's pants in the manga as well.

Unless you're talking about some extra anime stuff I didn't bother to watch because I dropped at the Bount arc
>>
Are any of the filler arcs worth watching?
>>
>>138022944
The G-8 arc.
>>
>>138022651
If Giselle's transgender, than it counts as Yuri. Whether you like it or not, there are several Yuri about transgender woman out there. And Giselle may be futa. Wouldn't be the weirdest thing after Pernida, Gremmy or Nianzol.

>>138022881
Nel and Rukia never interacted in the manga. The anime added that scene where she was jealous. Chizuru got several new scenes in the anime. There was even orginally a novel planned involving her, Soifon and Yoruichi. Instead we got one about Kenpachi and Don Kanonji.
>>
Read the manga if you really care, but you aren't missing much if you skip it entirely, too. The manga is stupid fun, but the anime is super bland to the point where it takes the charm out of it, I think.

Movies might be worth a watch if you're a sakuga-fag, though. There's some really nice animation in there. I remember Hell Verse looking fantastic.
>>
>>138022582
>They also made child Nel jealous of Rukia or made it sound like Loly wanted to hatefuck Orihime, though that was more interpretation of certain scenes

That stuff happened in the manga as well, Incluiding Chizuru who was openly homosexyal. Whether they extended it more or just added extra scenes about it, that's another matter.

Almost everyone in the Hueco Mundo arc wanted to fuck Orihime too. If anything Kubo's writing became more perverse from that point onwards.
>>
>>138023207
I was talking about extending scenes. Not that that never happened in the manga.

Though I think the stuff with that Hollow Orihime killed was more extreme.
>>
>>138019045
Is bleach actually good? There are people who always place it last when compared to stuff like Fairy Tail, Naruto, One Piece or Dragonball. I see virtually no one talking positively about it. I vaguely remember people getting hyped about it back when it was revealed that Aizen was actually a villain.
>>
>>138020769
>as if the writers were Ichiruki shippers
This is a bad thing how
>>
>>138025314
The thing about these shows is that whichever one you watched most recently will be your favorite. The Bleach anime is on hiatus (see: cancelled) so the fanbase on /a/ consists only of the manga dudes now.
>>
>>138025417
For me the show I watched the longest is my favorite, bleach was my first big shonen so it has remained my favorite.
>>
Hey im just jumping in right at the quincy war arc after having absorbed alot of the plot through osmosis and watching the anime up to around when ichigo goes to save rukia and im doing just fine
>>
>>138025863
Did you just skip everything after the ss arc?
>>
>>138019045
Nah, drop it right now that you can. Otherwise you'll be stuck shitposting here with the rest of /a/.
>>
>>138025932
kinda. Ive seen enough through videos and threads here to get the gist of what happened.
>>
>>138019045
Watch until Soul Society arc ends, then move to the manga.
>>
But the G-8 is a one piece filler arc
>>
>>138026794
Yeah, I thought he asked if there were any good filler arcs period, not in Bleach.
I can't think of any good filler arc other than G-8 in any anime.
>>
File: truth.jpg (208 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
truth.jpg
208 KB, 1440x810
>>138019045
>im on episode 33
Strap your ass in, it's going to take a while. Even the manga really started to stretch shit out to an agonizing degree.
>>138025314
They're all garbage IMO. The best series have foreseeable endgames.
>>
>>138026865
When I first watched OP, G-8 was one of my favorite arcs, didn't realize it was a filler before I decided to read the whole thing afterwards.
>>
File: 1387385007060.jpg (59 KB, 268x237) Image search: [Google]
1387385007060.jpg
59 KB, 268x237
>>138019045
You should watch or read something actually good instead, like K-ON.
>>
IF YOU WANNA SEE SOME ACTION
>>
>>138027049
Watch JoJo
>>
>>138027006
Same here.
The comedy was brilliant. The Condoriano moments were some of the best of the whole series.
>>
>>138026955

Ironically, that series you just posted didn't have a foreseeable end game.

>I AM A MILLION YEARS OLD AND JUVENILE
>I WILL RIP OUT THE GATE OF THE SUN AND BECOME GOD!

Pretty left field, and eschewed the interesting Political Drama in favour of random JRPG final boss material.
>>
File: 20151126034956a0e9gkl9r8qeq8h9.jpg (63 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
20151126034956a0e9gkl9r8qeq8h9.jpg
63 KB, 640x360
just play the game and you'll save yourself hour
>>
>>138025863
I started that one but dropped it after halibel jobs off screen
>>
>>138026955
>Dragonball
>garbage
>>
>>138025932
>>138026651
The only thing that really threw me off were those 3 vizards becoming captins to replace aizen, gin, and that blind dude
>>
>>138028068
Yeah, that was kind of a new low point. The fucking queen of Hueco Mundo is so unimportant she loses off fucking screen?

At least they specified it was Yhwach and not some scrub quincy, but still that's fucking nonsense.
>>
>>138029502
i think the thing for me is that aizen was at least foreshadowed. He was like freza in that he was clearly being lead up to as the big bad so when hes a badass it make sense. Then after that yhwach is like cell, a completely new guy who comes out of no where with no foreshadowing at all. He feels like some guys insert oc who's 10x cooler than everyone else.
>>
>>138029586
I absolutely knew Aizen was going to end up being a traitor. He was the only guy in the group who seemed super nice and trustworthy, so of course he's fucking evil.
>>
File: C236_cover_page_Shinji_Hirako.png (152 KB, 483x755) Image search: [Google]
C236_cover_page_Shinji_Hirako.png
152 KB, 483x755
>>138026651
You should still check out the Arrancar arc so you get a proper introduction of the two best bleach characters, Shinji and Grimmjow.

Kubo is at his best with smug characters that have shit eating smiles.
>>
>>138029805
>the two best bleach characters, Shinji and Grimmjow.
*the two best Bleach jobbers, Shinji and Grimmjow.

FTFY
>>
How far back into the start of the thousand year blood war does the archive go? Also anyone have that hype pic?
>>
>>138029805
Grimmjow was decent. Shinji was promising at first but was always pretty shit.
>>
When is Shinji going to do something relevant in the manga?
>>
>>138025417
>got canceled

That must've stung for Kubo.
>>
>>138019045
It's not about the end, it's about the journey. If you aren't enjoying the journey just don't fucking bother.
It's a battle manga/anime with really poorly drawn panels in the manga.
The anime is genuinely just much better than the manga. Skip the filler and you're good. Wait for season 2 and do not start reading the manga at any point.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.