[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shoujo Manga
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 13
File: takane-to-hana-vol-2.jpg (54 KB, 458x458) Image search: [Google]
takane-to-hana-vol-2.jpg
54 KB, 458x458
Let us discuss... shoujo manga. So, what kind of shoujo manga does /a/ read?
>>
right now I'm only reading shoujo novels or series based of them

>Burriko
>Legends of the sun Knight
>Okobore Hime to Entaku no Kishi

at this point only fantasy shoujo are worth my time really
>>
>>137706650
I still remember otome burriko villainess
>>
File: kimi ni koi.jpg (192 KB, 869x1277) Image search: [Google]
kimi ni koi.jpg
192 KB, 869x1277
>only 12 chapters
the mangaka seems to love short ass stories
>>
>>137706438
now i'm reading last game and tsubaki-chou lonely planet Manga
>>
>>137706438
Fantasy and epic shoujo a best.
>>
>>137706750
can't get enough of the Hearts faction

commie heroine is good too. Wish there was more chapters though
>>
>>137706438
>...
Fuck off.
>>
>>137706438
Something with lewd males in it.

I'm also excited for Orange adaptation. Too bad I'm probably gonna avoid the threads when it airs.
>>
>>137708098
If only there were more of those. The only thing close to that is black healer.
>>
File: i193089.jpg (90 KB, 246x350) Image search: [Google]
i193089.jpg
90 KB, 246x350
>>137708465
reading +a no Tachiichi myself

sort of fills the void Escaflowne left
>>
>>137708465
I'm waiting for a renewed boom of it. Any year now. Modern day romance can't saturate the market forever.
>>
>>137708903
It'll take a shoujo manga mega hit before the editors will allow old school style stories to return. It's probably easier to just take their stories to shonen or borderline BL magazines that give creators the freedom to tell stories that aren't school romances.
>>
need to catch up with Koi dano Ai dano

MC is a fucking boss and the love interest is her bitch
>>
>>137709648
I just hate how she has no sense of love or attraction. SERIOUSLY.
>>
>>137708327
Lets harass a certain sheeprabbit to do it.
>>
What happened to Chang Ge Xing? EG scans jusr waiting for the chapters to pile up/
>>
File: hips moving on their own.png (187 KB, 800x1294) Image search: [Google]
hips moving on their own.png
187 KB, 800x1294
I'm reading and enjoying Seigi no Mikata.
Too bad the releases are slow.
>>
Does black butler count as shoujo manga?
>>
>>137706438
I started reading Takane to Hana after I bought some random Hana to Yume and I'm really enjoying it. It fits well for an anime too, I hope it gets popular enough,
>>
File: 1455507061986.png (2 MB, 1732x1214) Image search: [Google]
1455507061986.png
2 MB, 1732x1214
Shoujo manga is just gonna be a NTR thread past 50 responses so why bother?
>>
>>137706438
>Takane to Hana
>your childhood friend is dating a guy 10 years older
>picks her up in his sports car every day from school
>months go by (2 tankoubon)
>WOOOH NOW YOU DECLARE YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN IN LOVE WITH HER AND ARE GONNA WIN HER HEART

he deserved losing for being such a betamale faggot.
>>
>>137711267
most of the time the love interest knows how to take care of their bitch
>>
>>137711267
Because you barely read stuff, or most of /a/ barely reads manga at this point anyway, it's all about seasonal shit.

It's only like that if you take the bait from the /r9k/ shitposters
>>
File: 34.jpg (158 KB, 728x1113) Image search: [Google]
34.jpg
158 KB, 728x1113
>>137711361
Most of the time she gets almost raped and hit on or kissed and then forgives him.

Bambi to Dhole was pretty good though. FeMC got NTR'd. Right after he popped her cherry too. Male MC is in highschool and already has a son, which is rare in nippon writing.
>>
>>137711124
Nah.
>>
>>137711432
The fuck you talking about I read hella shoujo. Most shoujo with love triangle/s is fucking disgusting and annoying.
>>
>>137711505
half the time it's the male love interest that does the "almost raping"
>>
>>137708644
>there will never be another mecha/fantasy/shoujo like Escaflowne
Feels bad man.
>>
>>137711549
Then stop reading these shits. Avoid stuff from Margaret because that's a dying magazine with no fresh ideas. Hana to Yume has decent-good stuff and LaLa has been decaying lately, but they still have Natsume.
>>
Is 7 Seeds still ok in these threads even though it got changed to josei? My favorite manga by far.
>>
File: tokyo.jpg (38 KB, 347x419) Image search: [Google]
tokyo.jpg
38 KB, 347x419
>>137711554
That's okay because he's the male love interest. But when he's already established and the girl is assaulted and is like "lol it's k because you have a poor family" or "you're not rlly a bad preson" I'm just like

cmon

It's worse when it's the male love interest's bro or something, and genuinely starts to like the girl after she forgives his rape attempt.

Anyways I digress. Tokyo Crazy Paradise was a very good shoujo.
Only parts I didn't like was Asami getting pawned off on that cop almost immediately after getting rejected by Ryuji. Like the guy saved her in the most ridiculous cliches and she forgets her 14 yr long unrequited love. I'd preferred some kind of bigamy end but shoujo is for girls anyways so I can't complain.

All the rapey dudes getting btfo by Tsukasa was fun to watch, and even when the dude at the end gave her a hickey I wasn't mad.
>>
File: 28.jpg (227 KB, 728x1089) Image search: [Google]
28.jpg
227 KB, 728x1089
Does anyone know if Tsubaki-chou lonely planet has dropped the bully faggot as a love interest candidate yet? I dropped that manga so fast as soon as he appeared.
>>
Hana Yori Dango ruined shoujo manga for more than one decade, but I see things are changing slowly nowadays.

I couldn't finish that manga, but Tsukasa was a pain in the ass and I don't think I'd ever forgive a guy who got some guys to almost gang rape me. Rui wasn't that interesting but at least he wasn't Tsukasa.

I've read around that mangaka wanted Rui ending but the fanbase loved Tsukasa so she was forced to go with that.
>>
Last Game.

Watching MC sperging out is fun, but gonna end soon.
>>
>>137711739
>TCP
It's been a while since I thought of this. Fun manga.

Skip Beat had a great beginning but it after Ren became the focus it dragged so much I couldn't take it anymore.
>>
>>137711636
>Is 7 Seeds still ok in these threads even though it got changed to josei? My favorite manga by far.

I was thinking of asking the same question because it's mine too.
>>
>>137711838
>I've read around that mangaka wanted Rui ending but the fanbase loved Tsukasa so she was forced to go with that.
I heard the same.
>>
>>137711878
I was enjoying Skip Beat in the beginning but I read the wiki and saw that asshole Shoutarou was a love interest. Then I skipped ahead and saw Ren literally cucking himself by pretending to be 2 different people.
I was like enough already
>>
>>137711878
I think the problem is more than Ren but the mangaka simple can't do much more with it, she's beating around the bush. Shou will never win anyway but he keeps getting random focus and she makes Ren edgier (but he never did anything bad to Kyouko, to be fair) just to drag it even more.

I really liked it but more than 30 books is enough.
>>
>>137711988
>that asshole Shoutarou was a love interest
There's no chance of him winning, last time I saw she was still completely over him. With that, their interaction becomes fun.
>>
>>137712236
I know that already but still.
>>137711739
Asago Ryuuji Tsukasa ot3. get the fuck outta here with that autist edgey cop.
Asago's entire character was all "muh family pride" "muh yakuza traditions" and then she gets together with a cop 12 years older because he saves her from some thugs when she a lil sad and throws away her pride and traditions.
>>
>>137711890
>>137711636
Why not though, better discuss josei as well than letting shitposters have their fun.
>>
>>137712371
Asago and Tsukasa had a more interesting relationship than Ryuuji and Tsukasa or Ryuuji and Asago.
>>
Akatsuki no Yona
>>
>>137712566
Titania stopped fucking up their scans yet?
>>
>>137711817
Yeah me too anon, not gonna read it till I know who wins, HnR taught me that
>>
I've been reading Ouji ga Watashi o Akiramenai! for a bit, but it looks like it's taking the boring route of typical love triangle shit now. Shame too, it's one of the few shoujo I liked.
>>
>>137712639
No guy in HnR was a bully love interest.
>>
>>137712439
Yeah their dynamic is really funny and good. Tsukasa as the boke and Asago as the tsukkomi. Ryuji can switch between the two.

Those 2 cops were probably just the worst part of the manga, even that Ryuji lookalike was so insufferable in trying to date a 14yr old and yet looking down on Ryuji for being Yakuza.
>>
>>137711838
>Hana Yori Dango ruined shoujo manga for more
Enlighten a clueless anon here. I watched the drama way back and actually liked it. But is the original manga that bad?
>>
File: 18 (4).jpg (117 KB, 728x1113) Image search: [Google]
18 (4).jpg
117 KB, 728x1113
>>137712639
If the mangaka pulls the same shit twice I stg. "Shoujo anti-thesis" my ass.

Anyone read Kinkyori Renai? Love triangle shit was pretty bad in it but the main romance is pretty cool. Fucking actual legitimate autist savant x handsome rape-sensei.

Mikimoto Rin can really be a hit-or-miss
Like that one where the dude has a year to live and his best friend tries to NTR him because he didn't tell him about it. And he even uses his illness to attack saying "He can't protect you (with his lung cancer impaired body) but I can!"
>>
Anyone know what Taamo is working on now that Taiyou no Ie ended?
>>
>>137712859
Not bad Mayu Shinju tier, but set an example that every girl should forgive the guy who was an asscrack to her, magazines stopped doing fantasy/mystery shoujo because HYD was/is the best selling shoujo of all time and Tsukasa created 283728 even worse clones.
>>
File: 819spdl5rpl-1.jpg (588 KB, 444x1286) Image search: [Google]
819spdl5rpl-1.jpg
588 KB, 444x1286
I want a gorgeous female mc, not the cute or the most popular. Any suggestions?
>>
>>137713020
Isn't this more otome game alley? they're all pretty cute. Most shoujo MCs are average.
>>
>>137712991
>Tsukasa created 283728 even worse clones.
Okay, makes sense now.
>>
I feel like Rose of Versailles is way too overrated for what it truly intended. The anime was better but the manga was a shitfest of melodrama everytime Marie Antoniette wasn't the focus. Oscar is a giant Mary Stu, every guy tried to rape her somehow, even Andre. Most interesting part of the manga were the historical bits, not the made up ones.
>>
>>137708644
I'm reading chapter 1. The protagonist hasn't read enough shoujo manga. There are plenty of plain MCs or at least ones on the same level as her.
>>
What even is Shoujo?

I know it's aimed at young women, but usually when people bring it up, all they talk about is "Boy Love" stuff.

Excuse my ignorance -- I've been reading Manga for only two years and I've still never read anything of that sort. Partly because I have a huge backlog of stuff I want to read, and secondly because I assumed it was just girly romance stuff all the time. i.e. stuff you'd see on the CW and MTV TV Channel in America. (Teen Drama)
>>
File: n016.jpg (177 KB, 683x1079) Image search: [Google]
n016.jpg
177 KB, 683x1079
>>137714593
Just read this. You will be cleansed.
>>
>>137713083
But I want a heroine that is blessed with seductive looks and personality.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.