[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 21
Episode 6 out
>>
Best time of the week is here.
>>
Wow, they're already on episode 6 and yet they haven't even gone through volume 3. Hopefully we get a second season so we can get something beyond the flashback.
>>
Best time of the week indeed.
>>
Posting Sukeroku.
>>
This was depressing.
>>
That was beautiful.

This scene was perfect!
>>
I like this show but I never understand the rakugo. Like what was with the ending of the one in today's episode?
>>
>>137363133
Yeah I loved it as well.
This show has been so wonderfully consistant, I think I might get over my usual attitude towards DEEN.
>>
This looks pretty.
>>
When is the show going to jump back to the present? I don't know if this is supposed to be a flashback or if the show is really about Bon.
>>
That moment when she realizes

I like the subtleties of this show.
>>
This look makes me sad as fuck.
>>
>>137363481
>show is really about Bon
Now that you mentioned it, I already forgot the name of the ex-convict apprentice.
>>
>>137363481
To be completely honest, I don't know and I don't care, the flashback is just as interesting as the present, plus Kiku's perspective is pretty great.
>>
>>137363481
After episode 10. It's still on volume 3 and flashback ends at volume 5. I wouldn't be surprised if flashback goes till last episode though. I think we are going to have a S2 after the news that volume 10 is the last one.
>>
>>137363612
A second season would be a blessing, this is just too good to be unfinished.
>>
>>137363612
I also hope that we do. I can't believe how much I like this show.
>>
doki picked up this show, good to know that we'll get decent BDs.
>>
File: 1448768746968.png (111 KB, 672x434) Image search: [Google]
1448768746968.png
111 KB, 672x434
>>137363890
oh hell yes
>>
Is Ishida's character still a fag or did he bang the whorefu yet?
>>
>>137364047
Yes
>>
>>137363612
But is this popular enough to get a second season? I wonder if the reason that they're going so slow is because they planned on a second season from the start.
>>
The bitch is up to something.
>>
>>137364131
Isn't it a big hit in japan? Like top 3 shows of this season?
>>
>>137364148
2nd in stalker points about three weeks ago, haven't checked since, but I was pretty surprised myself.
>>
>>137364202
I was really surprised too, guess Japan doesn't have such shit taste after all.
>>
>>137364202
I think it's still second, and the first one is the other DEEN show.
>>
>>137364131
It is. As the other anons said it's in top 3 of this season. Of course we need the actual sales to know.
> I wonder if the reason that they're going so slow is because they planned on a second season from the start.
If the reason about this is also why they moved it from fall to winter it could make sense with the new about volume 10. It will be out this summer so we can have S2 this summer or fall.

>>137364313
Konosuba. I haven't checked this one though.

Also, I decided to go and check the scans and yup, 80% of the episode was anime original. The only adapted scenes are the beginning and the rakugo at the end. There is no flashback neither the stuff with Miyokichi and Bon.
From the preview next week, we will have anime original again but also the adaption of two chapters.
>>
>>137364476
Forgot to mention, with next episode volume 3 ends and that means volume 4 starts at episode 8.
>>
>>137364137
Hell has no fury as a woman scorned.
>>
>>137364476
>8t0% of the episode was anime original.
And is was a bloody good 80% if you ask me.
This show just doesn't cease to surprise me.
>>
Fucking amazing episode.

I can't believe how perfect this show is, week after week.
>>
>>137364554
But will it really cover the end of Vol3 next week? Going by the preview it looks like we're getting even more anime original content. Can't find any of the scenes from the preview in the rest of Vol 3.
>>
>>137364476
>>137364651
It is pretty sweet how the anime original scenes blend in with the adaptation.
>>
>My, you are one cool customer!
>No, I was actually just paralyzed with fear

So one the guests at the gambling session didn't seem scared, but was actually the most scared? What sort of shitty ending is that?
>>
>>137364137
Yes. Rejection time.

>>137364751
There is anime original but there are scenes from the rest of volume 3.
>Shin and their master Yakumo
>Bon and Yakumo
>Miyokichi crying
Maybe they will change some parts or even adapt them in episode 8, but at least the parts I mentioned have stuff from the preview one way or another.
>>
>>137363548
Realizes what?
>>
>>137364751
It seems like Kiku is breaking up with Miyokichi and that happens near the end of volume 3, although there's enough material left from volume 3 that they could just finish volume 3 in episode 8. The anime is going to have 13 episodes, right? That would leave 5 episodes to do volume 4 and 5.
>>
>>137363548
realizes what? Am I too autistic to be watching this?
>>
>>137364872
I think they cut the Rakugo short for time; it really doesn't feel like an ending.
>>137365101
Dude's gay?
>>
>>137363133
That phallic symbolism.
>>
I like how they're always finding new point of views or new ways to frame the rakugo performances.
>>
I wish DEEN would quit this shit where they have two of the best shows of the season.
Does anyone know how the DEEN chink shit is?
>>
File: 1455301335276.png (88 KB, 218x461) Image search: [Google]
1455301335276.png
88 KB, 218x461
>>137365570
>the DEEN chink shit
>>
I didn't understand the ending of Bon's rakugo. I was waiting for the punchline.
>>
>>137365669
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqfZngrLWtI
>>
>>137365796
>In the anime's story, a comet falling will bring about a great calamity, and in order to choose a child fated by the falling comet, the family of the "Reiken" clan with a long storied history is once again resuming its entrance examination process to find disciples. The protagonist, who possesses a special soul that is only available once in a thousand years, decides to take the exam, and he starts down the path toward becoming an exceptional sage.

First time seeing it, looks like generic fantasy though.
>>
>>137363578
Yotaro nigga.
>>
>>137364137
She becomes jealous of Sokeroku doesn't she?
And decides to kill him off because of that ;_;
Fuck, I keep trying to mentally prepare myself but I'll be crying so damn much when the time comes.
>>
Why is he so effeminate?
>>
>>137366579
Either gay or was raised in a geisha household, take your pick.
>>
>>137366712
it's both
>>
I wouldn't even be able to read the manga but I think I'll buy this.
>>
>if I pretend to be a girl, everyone loves me!

Literally the point of this episode
>>
File: backstage.png (350 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
backstage.png
350 KB, 600x900
That preview is killing me.
>>
>>137365747
>jap humor
>punchline

Baka gaijin.
>>
>>137366712
Both plus a lot of Japanese young men look girlier than Western women.
>>
Can someone explain to me the punchline to the rakugo story?
>>
Man this Episode was amazing.
It kind of makes me want to be a Performer.
The part about the audiences Reaction makes me remember a time,
back in school, when we had to perform some skits.
Despite my general autism and social inability, I bound the stares of the audience (schoolmates mostly), and made them laugh.
I hate to admit it, but it felt really good.
>>
>>137364872
>>137365747
>>137367812
As I understand it, he was the mob boss Kinzo visited earlier: the others were just frightened by his appearance, but since Kinzo left the two daggers behind, he knew he was actually supposed to be dead.

I guess if that punchline were to be not just translated but adapted into english, it would be with another character saying "Actually, you look like you've seen a ghost" instead, or something like that. Still kind of abstract, but that kind of humor-- having the story end on a secondary but unresolved "plot point"-- works really well when done right. I'm guessing it's used here because this story has a sequel.

>>137365101
>>137365142
That he based his interpretation of Osome on her. She wasn't there/shown in the manga so it was more subtle but definitely already implied through their conversation at the beginning of the chapter (or in episode 5), specifically with Bon calling Sukeroku's interpretation of Osome "not beautiful" because it's influenced by the women he hangs around, and Sukeroku bringing up Miyokichi as a counter-example.

Of course the joke is that she ends up pulling an Osome on him, and despite actually having the luxury of choice, still dies with her Kinzo. Showing her watching that performance/noticing looks like a minor addition in the anime to make the implication clearer, but just like pretty much every single other seemingly minor addition so far, it's actually pretty fucking significant.
>>
This show has no right to be this good.
>>
>>137370289
sue
>>
Great episode this week.
>>
Things are about to start going downhill, aren't they?
>>
>slut is beginning to realize he's gay

Oh dear.
>>
Miyo is so much cuter without the makeup holy shit.
>>
>>137372711
Rapidly. The doom is about to fall upon us all.
>>
>Bon would have been happier as a girl
>Konatsu would have been happier as a boy
Like pottery.
>>
How long do rakugo threads usually last?
I've only started watching yesterday and I haven't caught up yet.
>>
>>137374185
Not very long and they don't go for more than the day the series airs in the week (i.e today)

Better the show (substantively) == fewer the threads

Less retards screaming about girls and explosions and shit, not that a show can't be good with those things as part of it.

This one is just very subtle and dry to deliberate degree and not to everyone's taste, despite it's execution being near flawless especially compared to about everything I've seen.
>>
>>137374926
I've seen nothing but praise for this series, I'm shocked the threads are so small. Active Raid threads are small too but a lot of people seem to dislike the series, don't know what's up with Rakugo.
>>
>>137374926
I just lurk.
I don't feel like I have anything substantial to say about the show.
>>
>>137375009
>don't know what's up with Rakugo.

It's a show about Rakugo. The humor can be dry or subtle or "unresolved" or a billion other ways that need a bit of sophistication and intelligence to understand. It lacks blatant fanservice or humor that is simple and at-face value.

It's good, and deserves its praise. But I can understand why it isnt carrying 100+ threads a day when the plot is so particularly "soap-opera"-esque and lacks a lot of room for creative theory-crafting and is imaginative only to a point.

To be honest, the threads mean dick to me. So long as the show continues to be fantastic, I'll be happy.
>>
>>137375009
Also,
>I've seen nothing but praise for this series

In threads where its praise is commonplace.

50%+ of /a/ won't even bat an eye at this show because they read the show summary and look at the character designs and think "fujoshit and melodramatic, no thanks"

There's always dissent on a subject matter, but for most in a series that people won't pay attention to en masse, the dissent won't ever appear, especially not in a safe zone like these threads.
>>
>>137375092
Me too. I feel like I said everything I had to say about the show over like the first two episodes. It's been consistently great so nothing's really changed.
>>
>>137370289
Yet it is.
>>
I can't get enough of this show's soundtrack
>>
File: tomo gj.jpg (118 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
tomo gj.jpg
118 KB, 640x640
>>137366120
You always got my back, anon.
>>
>you will never have a harem based solely around rakugo instead of this blatant fujo pandering
>>
File: what are they looking at.jpg (81 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
what are they looking at.jpg
81 KB, 1280x720
>>137379745
>>
>>137379745
MC-kun is pretty good looking though
>>
File: DEEN.jpg (207 KB, 900x1015) Image search: [Google]
DEEN.jpg
207 KB, 900x1015
>>137379796
I know, that's why I'm watching. And also the character development. I don't actually care for the rakugo.

Also:
>flushed in one cut
>next is pale
>later one flushed again
Seems even Deen isn't perfect.
>>
>>137375155
>The humor can be dry or subtle or "unresolved" or a billion other ways that need a bit of sophistication and intelligence to understand.

I'd have to disagree. The point of rakugo is for the humor to be easy to laugh to. The real brain power behind this show is comparing how the jokes are delivered.
>>
Just felt the need to chime in and say once again this show has surprised me with its brilliance. Best episode yet, especially >>137363133 scene. I must know who storyboarded this episode. If it was Omata Shinichi himself then bravo. I thought he was a pretty good Shinbo pupil, and now that he's developed his own style it's fantastic.
>>
I really like the way they handled Bon's shift in style. How he went from trying to get a train constant laughs, to creating situation dark humor. Really builds the contrast between him and Sukeroku even more.
>>
How can /a/ hate Miyokichi? She's fucking cute.
>>
>>137380337
Probably because of what she does later on
>>
>>137380380

Spoiler someone? I need to know how that cute redhead was conceived and why Bon raised her
>>
What a gorgeous series, every episode feels too short.

Where do I find scans of the manga? I'm tempted to read on, though if it's significantly better to experience the rakugo actually being acted out, maybe I'll give it a miss.
>>
>>137380752
Miyokichi gets with Shin, and they have Konatsu, but then they both died because of Miyokichi being a yandere and Bon has to raise Konatsu himself.
>>
>>137381032
http://www.mediafire.com/download/lg5zb4xe9lyilpe/Shouwa+Genroku+Rakugo+Shinjuu+v01-03.rar

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/iis8303kfxu9q
>>
>>137383256
Not that anon, but much thanks.

Now all I have to do is wait for the OP, ED, and OST release. I can't get enough of the music they use. It's so moody and and those drum beats are intense.
>>
>>137383350
You are welcome.

OP and OST are already out:
OP: http://hikarinoakariost.info/megumi-hayashibara-usurai-shinju-single/

OST:http://hikarinoakariost.info/showa-genroku-rakugo-shinju-ongyokubanashi-sono-ichi/

Not sure when the ED will be out though.
>>
>>137383350
Yeah, the soundtrack adds incredible atmosphere. This series is just so well put together as a whole.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 600x338
>>137365570
It's comedy gold.
>>
>>137383256
>>137383415
Thanks anon
>>
>>137383415
>OP and OST are already out
Oh, great then. Here, have a stitch.
>>
>>137383415
And OP got #1 the previous week
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/02/12/tower-records-shinjuku-weekly-anime-song-top-10-february-1-7
>>
>>137380380
She fucking stabs Sukeroku
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.