[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished Railgun S. What in the FUCK was this episode?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: WpyJssb.jpg (142 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WpyJssb.jpg
142 KB, 1280x720
Just finished Railgun S.

What in the FUCK was this episode?

Did somebody hire the writers from every campy 60's saturday morning cartoon?

No anime could possibly be this level of corny
>>
>No anime could possibly be this level of corny
Aishiteruze Baby
>>
>>137303521
I agree. I didn't like the 2nd half of railgun S. In fact, it felt like they stretched the whole Sisters arc for waaaaaay too long. I mean, 12 fucking episodes on a plotline that was covered in 3 episodes...fuck nagai.
don't even get me started on the whole Saten can suddenly pilot a military-grade mechsuit.

they were desperate to get a show out just before the movie, and Nagai had to ruin everything.
>>
>>137303521
The end of the Railgun S anime was the best thing to come out of Raildex. You can tell they just stopped taking it seriously and just decided to have fun it.
>>
You're looking at prime JCstaff original material.

Which is to say, prime shit. At least Febri looked/sounded cute. I think the core issue was that whole arc was very much phoned in because they spent most of Railgun S retracing Sisters arc, then realized "oh wait, we were supposed to do something else after that".
>>
>>137303591
The only reason Railgun got a spin off in the first place was because the Sisters arc is the only good arc in all of Index. Of course they dragged it out.

>>137303521
>No anime could possibly be this level of corny

You mean that in a good way, right?
>>
File: 35.jpg (272 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
35.jpg
272 KB, 1920x1080
Why was Saten so best?

>being so motherly with Febri
>beating up robots with a baseball bat
>piloting a mech

She was so great.

>inb4 not canon
>>
>>137303521
Everyone knows that the sisters arc in both railgun and index is the ONLY redeemable thing about this series.

Everything else is awful.

Except maybe the openings and the lewd
>>
>>137303591
Sisters was an amazing arc and Railgun made it even more beautiful

I normally watch shounen for the over-the-top battles and waifus, but the Sisters arc felt like sci-fi drama on par with Gattaca or something
>>
File: 6t8g.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
6t8g.jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
>they didn't like mecha pilot saten
>they didn't like the openings playing over the whole episode
>they didn't like mikoto's over the top space railgun

It was a masterpiece and you should feel bad.
>>
Why the fuck didn't they just do railgun SS1 or SS2? Either one would have helped set up index 3 characters and they wouldn't have had to make up shit like the mech.
>>
>>137303763
Because they know their audience didn't give a shit about Index.
>>
>>137303776

Perhaps, but considering the fact that ITEM and others from railgun are important in index you'd think that they'd care a bit.

Guess their love of cute girls doing cute things with no regard for plot or continuity is more important.
>>
>>137303905
>>Guess their love of cute girls doing cute things with no regard for plot or continuity is more important.

It is
>>
>>137303521
>watching shit

lol
>>
File: 1432673359555.gif (100 KB, 374x400) Image search: [Google]
1432673359555.gif
100 KB, 374x400
>>137303521
I've said it before, having also recently finished it but that last episode was the most retarded thing that I've seen in a long while and I enjoyed every second. It couldn't have been cornier with its friendship mech, space railgun and the fact that the various OPs were constantly playing in the background but I'll be lying is I didn't think it was fun as fuck.
>>
>>137303591
You're a fucking retard, senpai. The sisters arc was in fact 16 episodes. The portion covered in Index was almost the same exact length, give or take. The meat of it was the Mikoto PoV which let us actually see her naive world crumble around her. We're just supposed to take her word for it in the novels and shit. Besides episodes 1, 7 and parts of the otehr early episodes, this arc had the potential to be a masterpiece. Nagai's filler dragged it into the pits of hell.
>>
>>137303677
>>137303731
>>137304287

nagai should stop lurking /a/
>>
>>137303521
I don't remember anything outside of the sisters arc for railgun.
>>
>>137303521
That was the best part!
>>
>>137303521
I liked how literally only 5 minutes of the episode didn't have an OP playing in the background. It was ridiculous.
>>
>>137303521

I don't understand how you didn't notice how bad this series was at the start. Kamachi (or whatever his name is) should stick to SoL and refrain from writing anything remotely serious.
>>
>Watching non-manga parts of Railgun

Wew
>>
>>137306079
What the non-manga parts lack in a decent story, they make up for in being fun as fuck to watch.

http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1455191210084.webm
>>
Fucking JC Staff. They were doing everything well for Railgun S2. The Sisters Arc was a perfect adaptation. Then they went stupid.

Again.
>>
>>137303521
>watching anime original
>complain about poor quality
>>
>>137303695
Clearly you don't read either the Manga or LN. It gets a lot better.
>>
>>137307407
They ran out of material had to make their own.
>>
>>137303591
>I agree. I didn't like the 2nd half of railgun S. In fact, it felt like they stretched the whole Sisters arc for waaaaaay too long. I mean, 12 fucking episodes on a plotline that was covered in 3 episodes...fuck nagai.
>don't even get me started on the whole Saten can suddenly pilot a military-grade mechsuit.
>they were desperate to get a show out just before the movie, and Nagai had to ruin everything.

Please

It's more likely Nagai wants to give Mikoto and all the other girls more autonomy and screentime since he knows this is a spinoff all about Mikoto and doesn't want Touma stealing it.
>>
File: 1452469904617.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1452469904617.jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
Saten a miracle.
>>
>>137303521
Is that the last episode? If so, that's the best anime original episode out of them all. Actually the only good one. I really wasn't expecting something so self aware.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.