[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The flying numbus flies at around 1000 mph. Speed of sound is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: goku piccolo flying.png (909 KB, 1345x745) Image search: [Google]
goku piccolo flying.png
909 KB, 1345x745
The flying numbus flies at around 1000 mph.
Speed of sound is about 767 mph.

How do they talk while flying at those speeds? Also, in later series, they are clearly faster than the nimbus and were still able to talk flying at those speed.
>>
>>137184170
physics in a cartoon isn't the same as the ones in real life.
>>
>>137184170
Are you for real ? It's dragon ball who gives a fuck ? nothing makes sense in this shitty anime anyway
>>
>>137184170
Goku is obviously omnipotent and can change the laws of physics.
>>
Maybe the air density is different in Dragon Ball?
>>
Sound is accelerated by 1000 mph.
>>
they talk at 1767 mph so that way the air goes out of their mouth at the right speed
>>
>>137184170
DB characters were shown to have telepathy, they are using that and moving their mouths just for show.
>>
>>137184170

Explanaton: It's a chinese girl cartoon not real life
>>
>>137185278
I think you meant the temperature. Speed of sound changes to temperature.

at 20c, its 767 mph
at 40c, its 800 mph
at 100c, its 866 mph

Still not even to make to make a difference even if the air is that hot.
>>
>>137184170
Easy answer: Telepathy

Hard answer: Using ki to propagate the sound waves, air/wind manipulation, powerlevels, etc.
>>
>>137184170
Their attacks should be invisible because if something is faster than light then it means it can outrun light rays faster than the reflected light can hit them.
>>
>>137184170
Maybe Goku was flying slower
>>
>>137188793
That's why they taught Gohan to sense ki, because he couldn't see shit
>>
>>137185969
Yeah, because its density changes with temperature. The American education system at work, folks.
>>
>>137188927
education is a scam anyways

>hurr i relinquished my freedom to the state during my best years just so I can know some bullshit I don't need to know, and follow directions better
>>
>>137184170
You have reason

Dragon Balls sucks
>>
>>137188845
More so it also means if you can actually see the attack then its already hit you.

A typical FTL ki blast would have already exploded on you before you actually see the flash of light that came from it meaning it would kill you before you FUCKING SEE IT.
>>
>>137189342
Actually you'd die before they fire the blast.
>>
>>137189531
How so?
>>
>>137189028
you're my brother desu

i wonder if it will ever change
>>
>>137189720
Because relativity dude. While light travels at the speed of light, so does causality. If something moves faster than causality, it must involve time travel.
>>
>>137184170
Shhhh.
>>
>>137190499
Causuality has no speed.
>>
>>137184170
You realize the only reason a sonic boom can actually exist is because the speed of sound HAS to change.
>>
>>137184170
sound is just another form of energy that everyone can project at immense rates
their vocal chords no longer compress air to shape sounds, but chi
So every time they talk while flying, it's really a small chi blast that effects the ears
>>
>Goku can't survive in space
>fights Beerus in Earth's orbital plane anyway
>>
>>137191073
Tell that to reality
>>
How don't they go blind from the air blasting on their eyes? Do they deviate air trajectories with ki?
>>
To them sound seems like it travels at normal speed, since they share the same speed and they are the source of the sound. The general speed the whole system moves at has no effect on elements within the system.
>>
>>137190499
> faster than causality
Causality just happens, dude. It takes time for signals to reach their destination, even with light. Warping 2 light years down the galaxy only means you get to see what's happening NOW instead of what happened 2 years ago. It's not time travel.

>>137191766
Nigga WAT. Sound is not special relativity.
>>
>>137191702
How doesnt plasma form in front them while they are flying at hypersonic velocities and how do they avoid superheating their bodies from the air friction.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 443x332
>>137191896
There you go
>>
>>137184170
They're aliens.
>>
>>137192112
That explains nothing because if ki works as an anti friction force then how is it possible to touch them?

Not to mention the way they fly is through propulsion but the actual energetic force behind the propulsion for their light speed velocities would cause nuclear explosions everytime they moved so ki also works an kinetic energy retardant as well.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.