[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Enemy explains his ability to the hero Why do they do this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: You fucking retard.png (29 KB, 260x186) Image search: [Google]
You fucking retard.png
29 KB, 260x186
>Enemy explains his ability to the hero
Why do they do this? It literally sabotages their chances of victory.
>>
In Jojo usually it's really arrogant, lower tier foes that do that shit. They're usually batshitcrazy too.
>>
I remember the mandom and civil war fights in part 7 did this because they were looking for a fair duel that they could say they overcame without an excuse. They of course lost but not because of exposing their power.

In Bleach the villains explain their powers all the time because the good guys are too stupid to actually figure it out so there needs to be some way to tell the audience what is going on or the 12 year olds will be confused.
>>
>>137155212
It's called BAD WRITING.
>>
>>137155212
I like the mangas where it's apart of the condition like Shunsui in Bleach or Bomber in HxH
>>
something to do with mutual respect most of the time
>>
>>137156373
>too stupid to figure out reality breakers and physic benders
It's pretty difficult all around, anon.
>>
File: 1453935800477.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1453935800477.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
>Enemy explains his ability to the hero
>he was actually just bullshitting and the hero fell for it
>>
>>137159608
>>137155212
>ANOTHER thread #329048766 where OP is complaining about anime cliche

Why do they do this?
>>
>>137155212
For people to get a grasp of the characters abilities
It's a shitty way of doing it though
>>
>>137159644
They don't realize that they're consuming a medium aimed at a considerably younger audience.
>>
>characters yells out the name of their attacks
Why would you ever do that, unless it's some kind of mind game to trick the opponent
>>
>>137159849
So that the audience can tag a name onto the attack instead of something retarded like "Horizontal Black Sword Slash"
>>
>>137155212
When you have some knowledge sometimes you want to tell it to someone, regardless of how fucked up it is.

Villains do that because they are confident that nothing could go wrong.
>>
>>137159898
Sure but that can be done without actually yelling out the name of the attack
>>
>>137159849
This annoys me too.
>>
>>137159793
Pretty sure Hellsing isn't for younger audiences.
>>
>>137155212
Based Dio never did. that was the entire point of stardust crusaders.
>>
>>137165505
>Half a face flies across page/screen
>You know, for kids!
>>
>>137159849
I think it's a confidence thing, like, if you shout as you attack, you sort of hype yourself up and thus put your all into it. Plus it can potentially psyche out the enemy.
>>
>>137159849
That's kiai. Filthy gaijins can't understand.
>>
Monologuing is the lowest form of script writing.
>>
>>137166774
>He's never heard of Shakespeare
>>
>>137167620
That's soliloquy.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.